Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I don't want to score on our first play. I'd rather have a long successful sustained drive for a touchdown.

*blink* how about if we score on our first play, get a 3 and out, then have a long successful sustained drive for a TD ...would that be OK?

Personally, I'll take 7 any way I can get it.

32 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'll take one of each.

We think alike

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Success said:

I think the Jets are being undersold this season, personally - by everyone.  Had Darnold not missed the early games last year, they likely would have been in the mix.

Everyone thinks about the "ghosts" game w/ him now, but Belichick did that to all the young QB's - Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, etc.   I think Darnold could still emerge as the best from that class - though we did get the right Josh.

Stoked for Sunday. 

Last year the jets became the ONLY team in nfl history to lose to 2 different teams entering a game at 0-7 or worse(0-7 fins and 0-11 bengals). Darnold was the starter for both of those games. “Undersold” my a**. ThatS a historically AWFUL achievement. 

so please. Just stop it. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Last year the jets became the ONLY team in nfl history to lose to 2 different teams entering a game at 0-7 or worse(0-7 fins and 0-11 bengals). Darnold was the starter for both of those games. 

Can't say for sure, but I'd bet the Bills were the first team in history to begin their season and end their season in games where a 16-0 score was lost by the team up by 16.

• Like (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Last year the jets became the ONLY team in nfl history to lose to 2 different teams entering a game at 0-7 or worse(0-7 fins and 0-11 bengals). Darnold was the starter for both of those games. “Undersold” my a**. ThatS a historically AWFUL achievement. 

so please. Just stop it. 

and they only beat the Dolphins by 1 point the second game.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Can't say for sure, but I'd bet the Bills were the first team in history to begin their season and end their season in games where a 16-0 score was lost by the team up by 16.

Right on man. That may be true..... but that’s not remotely comparable with losing to 2 of the worst teams in the nfl in a given stretch 

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and they only beat the Dolphins by 1 point the second game.

While ringing up a whopping 13 pts vs our 2nd and 3rd stringers. but ya, 6-2 down the stretch 🙄..... whatever that’s worth 

5 hours ago, Carbonpoke said:

The team has said they want to start faster in games this year.  If the offense gets the ball first, with a fresh defense.... Than yes push the ball.  If the defense is on the field first, then u gotta play the sticks

Score first....score often...don't settle for fg's....and when you get a double digit lead don't crawl into a conservative fetal position. Learn from the mistakes of the Texans game.

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

LOL that’s probably true. 

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

*blink* how about if we score on our first play, get a 3 and out, then have a long successful sustained drive for a TD ...would that be OK?

We think alike

More please!  May I have another?

OK, 30 hrs. and 12 minutes to kickoff.

Are you ready for some Football?

• Like (+1) 1

So I saw some photos yesterday that the first seven rows at the stadium are “tarped” with various ads and messages...I’ll be very curious to hear how the piped in sound comes across on TV.  I also watched an interview with the in-game PA announcer for the Bills...he said he will be doing his in-game announcements just like a regular game, meaning they will be “homer” calls.  That should be interesting as well.  They will play the Shout song after scores and the train horn on 3rd downs.  It’s going to be surreal.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We think alike

That feels more devistating. We go 75 to Diggs on the first play then come back and go balanced attack for 10/80 and 7 minutes and 7. 14-0 and the jets have barely touched the ball. 

Then a pick six by Tre on the next drive and McD can personally deliver Gase’s pink slip. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The game within the game.

I want the Bills offense to be really dominant tomorrow, and I want to see the destruction of the two people I despise most in the NFL.

A. Henry Anderson.

Charge: Trying to take out Hauschka with an incredibly cheap shot.

Trying to end Josh Allen's year and maybe his career by a pathetic crawling attempt to mush ligaments.

B. Gregg Williams.

Charge: A dirty, slimy punk of a personality who is the the lowest human being in the NFL, but has turned down countless  jobs, including devising the successful immunization that will end the Covid crisis. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so please. Just stop it. 

Wow. That's a crazy stat. But Darnold's tenure in New Jersey is marked by his lack of support. The offensive line was very bad last year and he didn't have many weapons. Kind of similar to this year except he has less weapons and his oline may possibly be better.

I personally think Darnold is a good QB, albeit turnover prone.

12 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so please. Just stop it. 

and the Bills started the season down 0-16 to those historically bad NYJ. Also, those dolphins you’re referencing dominated a Buffalo team coming off a bye for a half, were about to close the game out before tre’s int. 

I can’t see Buffalo losing tomorrow, but there’s a higher than zero chance the Jets pull off the upset. The first half of both those games are still in the back of my mind.