Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

Just now, whatdrought said:

I don't understand where this narrative that Norman is a huge upgrade over Wallace is coming from... We haven't seen anything in Camp to suggest as much and Norman has not played well the past few years. 

It's the idea that coming back into McDermott's system he could come back to his play level he had in Carolina which paired with Tre White would be real scary.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm sure having to try and keep up with Diggs and Brown will do wonders for his recovery.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's the idea that coming back into McDermott's system he could come back to his play level he had in Carolina which paired with Tre White would be real scary.

I'm sure having to try and keep up with Diggs and Brown will do wonders for his recovery.

I get that, but there’s no real evidence to date that he is an improvement, so people acting around here like we’re gonna be in trouble cause he isn’t playing must have been watching a different defense the past two years. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Was just over on JetNation forum, and saw that they have a thread stating that Mahomes is the ONLY QB in the AFC that’s better than Darnold.

Like...WHAT?!

The delusion is strong in them.

😂

They are seriously beyond reason. They are the one fan base in the NFL that just seem completely and utterly clueless and delusional.

When the Bills are bad, yeah, you still have a few delusional fans, but most of us know it and own it (apart from maybe a little hope going into the season). Those guys have to manufacture wins and talent in their heads and ignore their own team completely.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Jets are being undersold this season, personally - by everyone.  Had Darnold not missed the early games last year, they likely would have been in the mix.

Everyone thinks about the "ghosts" game w/ him now, but Belichick did that to all the young QB's - Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, etc.   I think Darnold could still emerge as the best from that class - though we did get the right Josh.

Stoked for Sunday. 

Just now, Success said:

I think the Jets are being undersold this season, personally - by everyone.  Had Darnold not missed the early games last year, they likely would have been in the mix.

Everyone thinks about the "ghosts" game w/ him now, but Belichick did that to all the young QB's - Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, etc.   I think Darnold could still emerge as the best from that class - though we did get the right Josh.

Stoked for Sunday. 

I mean he missed the first half of the season but that was also the tough half of their season.

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean he missed the first half of the season but that was also the tough half of their season.

True.  It might not have made a big difference, but I still think the Jets have a good one there.

Which I'm kind of excited about. I'd love for the Bills to fight it out w/ the Jets for 1st place for a few years, just to flip the script on the past 2 decades.  

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Success said:

He was out for 3 games vs the Eagles, Browns, and Pats. He goes at best 1-2 in those games

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wjag said:

You can almost make book that the first play of the Bills offense will be a pass to Diggs.

To me, just the fact that you’ve said that (and it’s seconded here at least once...) means the right call should be play action (w/ Singletary) and a screen to Gilliam...

We might not have a better chance all season to catch a secondary backpedaling their a**es off.....

Edited by Rhode Island Red
  • Like (+1) 1

The team has said they want to start faster in games this year.  If the offense gets the ball first, with a fresh defense.... Than yes push the ball.  If the defense is on the field first, then u gotta play the sticks

Edited by Carbonpoke