Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

I do think there is some way overconfidence by Bills fans. Yes the Jets on paper don’t look great and I expect the Bills to win but I’m not expecting a blowout. I think the Bills win like 24-13 or something like that but I could see this being a one possession game with two pretty good defenses battling it out

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I do think there is some way overconfidence by Bills fans. Yes the Jets on paper don’t look great and I expect the Bills to win but I’m not expecting a blowout. I think the Bills win like 24-13 or something like that but I could see this being a one possession game with two pretty good defenses battling it out

I’m sure that is true of some fans, but it’s not true of THIS fan! Every game scares me to death, especially this year when I have not been misled by crap I’ve watched in preseason. :) 

I am hopeful, I am NOT overconfident. Important distinction there. I’m already a bit nervous. What a strange year.....

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m sure that is true of some fans, but it’s not true of THIS fan! Every game scares me to death, especially this year when I have not been misled by crap I’ve watched in preseason. :) 

I am hopeful, I am NOT overconfident. Important distinction there. I’m already a bit nervous. What a strange year.....

Same same 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same same 

I'm 31 years old. I can't imagine anyone who has lived through Buffalo Bills football during my lifetime not being anxious as Hell every game no matter how good it looks on paper.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I'm 31 years old. I can't imagine anyone who has lived through Buffalo Bills football during my lifetime not being anxious as Hell every game no matter how good it looks on paper.

Ahh, I see you’ve been paying attention! Our son is a 27 year old BTBF (Big Time Bills Fan), and he gets even more worked up than I do. It’s pretty serious. Hopefully nothing a good medical plan and some therapy can’t handle. 

Funny story, he’s recently married (Less than a month) and got engaged during last season. We had an elaborate plan where both sets of parents would secretly arrive in Asheville, NC. They were staying at the Grove Park Inn, so we had to stay downtown so we wouldn’t accidentally cross paths and ruin the surprise. He had proposal plans at the Biltmore complete with a photographer on game day. We went to the Bills Backers Bar and I texted warning him NOT to stick his head in there. 

We surprised them post-proposal at dinner and his bride said “I knew SOMETHING was up, because you NEVER miss a Bills game!”  It’s good to enter into a marriage with clear understandings of what you are signing up for! 

EDIT: This reminds me....I need to hug my wife tonight before the game starts and bid her my “football season is beginning, semi-farewell.” 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

No doubt, there have certainly have  been some very Billsey outcomes in previous regimes, I am confident that our coaches and players are taking every opponent very seriously. 

Go Bills!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-week-1-picks-and-odds-saints-stomp-bucs-panthers-upset-raiders-jets-stun-bills/amp/

"

Jets at Bills 

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
Point spread: Bills -6.5

There are four rules that I live by: never get less than 12 hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city, never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body and when the Jets and Bills play you always smash the under. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. But seriously, take this under no matter how low it goes. And take the Jets if you need to in a pick 'em league. This is too many points. Sam Darnold is better than Josh Allen. There I said it.

The Pick: Jets 17, Bills 14"

Yeah... that surprises me, but I get what he's saying about taking the under. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Same...especially with this being a divisional rival and no preseason. Teams feed off the crowd also. 

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think it’s about the large disparity of key position groups. Our secondary >>> their receivers and our WRs >>>> their  secondary. Add that to the fact they have an entire new offensive line who hasn’t played a single opponent and that doesn’t bode well for pass protection/ stunts.  

So our limiting factor is Sean. If he holds us to ground and pound to not show our playbook than this could be a close game. If he says hey let’s use our strengths and show teams we are championship caliper, we air it out, Josh puts us up 20 in the 1st half and then we tag team pound them and play action all 2nd half. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-week-1-picks-and-odds-saints-stomp-bucs-panthers-upset-raiders-jets-stun-bills/amp/

"

Jets at Bills 

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
Point spread: Bills -6.5

There are four rules that I live by: never get less than 12 hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city, never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body and when the Jets and Bills play you always smash the under. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. But seriously, take this under no matter how low it goes. And take the Jets if you need to in a pick 'em league. This is too many points. Sam Darnold is better than Josh Allen. There I said it.

The Pick: Jets 17, Bills 14"

Yeah... that surprises me, but I get what he's saying about taking the under. 

Gives you a Dingus doesn’t it?

• Haha (+1) 1