Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

If we don't turn over the football this game should be over by the start of the 3rd at the latest.   Last year we out gained the jets 370 to 223 in the first game and our Backups outgunned them 309 to 273.   we turned the ball over 7 times to them last year.   We don't beat ourselves and this is a big win.  

Allen with his first 300 yrd day... 

Edited by gordong

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I post on both of the big Jets message boards under the same name as here and I always post a disclaimer that I’m a Bills fan.  Some good posters there and some knuckleheads just like anywhere else.  Seems to be about a 60/40 split about how this Sunday is going to go for the Jets.  60% think the Jets are going to get nuked by the Bills.  40% think Allen has genital herpes and got hit in the head with a lawn dart when he was a kid and shouldn’t even be in the NFL.  They are quite vocal in their belief that the Jets are going to destroy the Bills. Their posts may not be very enlightening, but they are entertaining.    

Hit in the head with a lawn dart?  Genital Herpes?  My throat hurts I laughed so hard.  Well at least you post you’re a self admitted Bills fan.  I typically don’t go on other boards as I expect what they are going to say, especially the tools who are Jets fans.  The only time I’ve been on any other board of other teams is when you guys post a link on here and want to discuss something from that board.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

One day til we have football again.  Yeahhhh!

I can’t wait to see the Chiefs hopefully destroy the Texans.  I don’t even want it to be close at all.  Chiefs 52-3.

I really like Deshaun Watson but I despise ass-chin O’Brien and want to see them crash and burn this season.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Do you see anything here to worry about?

Advantage?

WR Perriman    vs Diggs

LT   Becton       vs Dawkins

LG Lewis          vs  Spain

C   McGovern  vs Morse

RG Van Roten  vs Ford

RT Fant            vs Williams

TE Herndon    vs Knox 

WR Crowder    vs Beasley

WR Hogan       vs Brown

QB Darnold      vs Allen

RB Bell             vs Singletary

3-4 D vs 4-3 D

DL    Q. Williams     vs  Hughes

DL    S. McLendon  vs Butler

DL    H. Anderson   vs Oliver

vs Addison

OLB Jenkins            vs Milano

ILB   Williamson      vs Edmunds

ILB    Hewitt             vs Klein

OLB  Basham

CB    Desir                 vs White

CB    Austin               vs Norman

S      Maye                  vs Hyde

S      McDougald       vs Poyer

This could get ugly for the Jets even if they play to their potential. I think our 2nd string would give their starters a hellava game. I highlighted the Jets I have some concern for. Anderson is only included because he's a cheap shot SOB. I expect our Defense to feast on this weak, unproven O-Line.

Yes but many Jets fans think Darnold is Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Manning, Kelly, Marino, Elway all rolled into one. To hear them talk Darnold already wears a gold jacket.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I post on both of the big Jets message boards under the same name as here and I always post a disclaimer that I’m a Bills fan.  Some good posters there and some knuckleheads just like anywhere else.  Seems to be about a 60/40 split about how this Sunday is going to go for the Jets.  60% think the Jets are going to get nuked by the Bills.  40% think Allen has genital herpes and got hit in the head with a lawn dart when he was a kid and shouldn’t even be in the NFL.  They are quite vocal in their belief that the Jets are going to destroy the Bills. Their posts may not be very enlightening, but they are entertaining.    

Jets fans are degenerates. And I don't feel that way about Fins or Pats fans.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Yes but many Jets fans think Darnold is Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Manning, Kelly, Marino, Elway all rolled into one. To hear them talk Darnold already wears a gold jacket.

To be fair, didn't the Jets win like 4 of their last 5 games last season. Granted they got our second stringers, but they still struggled to move the ball on us. 

The biggest key to the game has to be getting pressure on Darnold. When he has time to throw, I think he has proven that he can make the most of a bad offense, be accurate, and put up some points. However, when he is under pressure, he is a bottom 3 QB in the league. 

Also for those who think Josh Allen is turnover-prone, Darnold has 86 turnovers in 53 career games between USC and the Jets. That is MIND-BOGGLING. 

The *key to the season* is keeping Henry Anderson away from Josh Allen before and after the whistle. Hate that guy.

2 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

The biggest key to the game has to be getting pressure on Darnold. When he has time to throw, I think he has proven that he can make the most of a bad offense, be accurate, and put up some points. However, when he is under pressure, he is a bottom 3 QB in the league. 

Also for those who think Josh Allen is turnover-prone, Darnold has 86 turnovers in 53 career games between USC and the Jets. That is MIND-BOGGLING. 

The *key to the season* is keeping Henry Anderson away from Josh Allen before and after the whistle. Hate that guy.

They are starting a revamped OL with no real training camp or preseason games at all. I would be shocked if the Bills D doesn't dominate at the LOS.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

The only thing I see derailing a Jet thumping is referees. There’ve been none at any team facility this year, a handful of new rules and they’re more non-game ready than the players.

We’re still the more complete team and should be able to overcome a rash of penalties, but it may make the game too close for comfort.

Turnovers and drops too. That happened last year. Head in the game, guys!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Great breakdown of the Jets roster for anyone who hasn't heard this already! Think JM always provides a fair take in his game week analysis

Yep it is a must listen every game week. He’s a BIlls fan but always objective.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like Joe. His pod's got good content. I just can't sit through the ever-increasing number of ads to get to it.

I'll stick with others who have lesser content, but are satisfied with doing it as a hobby. Besides, it makes me feel smarter that way. LOL

3 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

I like Joe. His pod's got good content. I just can't sit through the ever-increasing number of ads to get to it.

I'll stick with others who have lesser content, but are satisfied with doing it as a hobby. Besides, it makes me feel smarter that way. LOL

I actually bought the Built bars. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2