Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Love the response “Jets gonna pick off Bills RBs 4 times!”🤣🤣

Yeah, that’s apparently a “thing” now, to disparage Allen by calling him a RB. 

The next six days can’t go quickly enough. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yeah, that’s apparently a “thing” now, to disparage Allen by calling him a RB. 

The next six days can’t go quickly enough. 

I think it’s a combo of disparaging Allen and the flea flickers we scored on in late nationally televised games (Dallas & Houston).

18 hours ago, The BLUES Brothers said:

Maybe this is a topic someone would start for a different thread (not me) but what will be the Bills first play from scrimmage?

Yes it depends on what Defense Josh sees but:

A.) Run by Singletary/Moss

B.) Pass to TE

C,) Pass to WR

D.) QB Run (as Daboll has called before)

My thought is "C" - a quick Pass Completion to Diggs.  We want to show off our new QB/WR Connection...

play action deep shot

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

big number... seems like it’s been a while since Vegas saw the bills that way from the gate 

I think maybe because jets SUCK really bad had a little to do with that as well 

I have predicted this to be a surprise loss since the schedule was released. I don’t know why, just a gut feeling. We are much better team, but somehow I feared that things won’t work first game, Allen starts badly and Jets will be playing much better than expected. To be clear, I thought this would be a small bump on overall great season (12-4).

But I don’t know now. We just seem to be so much better that it is hard to imagine we could lose, so I’ll go with something like 17-13 Bills after a sloppy game.

Anyway, I would love us to crush them 33-10. Sunday can’t come soon enough! Go Bills!

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

I agree. I think it’s more gonna look like the first preseason game than the first regular season game for both teams. It’s just so hard to mimic real conditions in limited practices. 

Yep. This is what I mean when I say there’s just so many ways things can go weird in week 1 of a normal year, so it almost has to be exaggerated this year.

I think the advantage goes to the team that can prepare better, so that should be Buffalo...but you know what I say about “shoulds”.

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/153720-predict-opening-day-score/

Reading through that apparently Josh Allen is a pick machine which is weird because I could of sworn Darnold had more picks in fewer games.

My favorite post in that thread is the guy that said the Bills were “basically going into the season as-is” from 2019 with no improvement. 

Right. Definitely didn’t add Diggs, 3 veteran defensive linemen, Josh Norman, or a former all-pro right tackle. Forget about the draft; I can abide not thinking that draft picks will be impactful this season, but at least pretend to have half a clue what’s going on with your divisional foes if you’re going to speak about it.

For my part, I just don’t see how the Jets move the ball reliably against Buffalo. Crowder is a good slot man, but even with a whole mess of receptions in week 1 of 2019, it wasn’t enough to put together more than a single good drive. And aside from him, their WR group is unproven to state it kindly.

They're going to have to rely on Bell and their revamped OL. I liked Fant quite a bit in FA, but he’s never really been a full time starter. And while I think Becton has ability, he’s going to have his hands full with Hughes and Addison.

Moreover, if and when Buffalo is able to limit the impact of their run game, what’s the plan to move the ball through the air? Better be backs and the TE group, because Buffalo’s DBs have the obvious advantage in coverage.

I do think that their DL can move the LOS, so Josh is going to have to make quick decisions. I also think that Diggs/Smoke/Beasley have a clear advantage over the Jets’ group of corners. They better be able to create pass rush, or it could be a long day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We should cover this spread fairly easily. The Bills only got better. The Jets are the Jets. Coached by Adam Gase. With an all-new O-line that didn't get to play preseason games to gel. Without their two best defensive players from last year.

I only hope that McD doesn't let up when we get up by 10 points like he loves to do. Keep the foot on the throttle. Beat them by 30. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills were actually favored by more (7 iirc) a few years ago in the home opener vs the Jets 

I think I got that game at 6.5 about 3 weeks prior and hammered it knowing it would move. 

same reason reason i nailed this weeks game at -6 2 weeks ago before it inevitably moved. It went to 6.5 days later and it wouldn’t surprise me if it kept climbing as people start hitting hard. 

I can’t believe somebody actually said this spread seems like a lot. It’s easy money IMO.