Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/153720-predict-opening-day-score/

Reading through that apparently Josh Allen is a pick machine which is weird because I could of sworn Darnold had more picks in fewer games.

Judging by most of the score predictions, it appears that Jets fans are assuming Gase is going to play their second string offense, and defense.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/153720-predict-opening-day-score/

Reading through that apparently Josh Allen is a pick machine which is weird because I could of sworn Darnold had more picks in fewer games.

This guy gets it:

The Bills are going to blow us out next week  imo.

We suck,  our roster still sucks, our Offense sucks, the HC sucks, no training camp sucks, etc. And Gase shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Parcells. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Division  game, I expect a close game---not sure the Jets are quite as bad as some people think. Hopefully, by the next meeting the Bills will be on a roll & the Jets will be on a downward spiral & the their fans will be starting fires in the stands like the old days.

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I violated my rule of not betting on the Bills. Fandom clouds one's judgement. But in this case it was a no-brainer.

What I can't decide is the O/U of 39.5. I agree with you that the Jets might not score. And I can't see McDermott running up the score.

Hey Promo!  I would take this bet too if I were a betting kinda guy.  I don't think it will be close.  The Jets have a good D line but Moseley opted out and I think their LB corps and secondary is suspect.  Five new starters on the O-Line with no preseason to gel.  No real WR except for Crowder who is a slot guy.  Herndon, Bell and Crowder are the offense and I think the Bills D can handle them.  With this crazy preseason the Bills continuity across the board has to be worth at least a score in this match up.

One place I might disagree with you is that I think McDermott will tell Daboll to blow the doors off any defense he can.  Josh and this offense need confidence and I don't see McDermott putting the breaks on this offense if they get rolling.  Hanging 40+ points on an NFL defense will build confidence quickly.  I hope this game is the coming out party for the Bills' offense.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bulldog said:

That image of Adam Gase at the press conferencew is one of those things that will never get old. 

As for the other guy - I had no idea that Gase had a brother!

That was classic Bulldog.  I loved the Sandler movies.  I know they are dumb, but still make me laugh.  I think that was the Deeds one.

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

I hope we aren’t expecting a well oiled machine right off the bat. Not a minute of meaningful football since January, severely curtailed off season programs, and no pre season live action just doesn’t bode well for well executed football, especially on offense. 

My thoughts also...

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

I hope we aren’t expecting a well oiled machine right off the bat. Not a minute of meaningful football since January, severely curtailed off season programs, and no pre season live action just doesn’t bode well for well executed football, especially on offense. 

I agree. I think (hope) the better team will win but not expecting an offensive juggernaut. 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree. I think (hope) the better team will win but not expecting an offensive juggernaut. 

I don't know. Why not open with a couple of long ones to Diggs? They've been practicing those a lot. Make 'em stop you.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea.., I’ll give the Bills offense a slight break if they come out sloppy their first couple games.... it will still be disappointing though. It’s year 3. They should know this ***** by now. This is make or break for Daboll.

I agree. The offense shouldn't look like it's birthing a pineapple from its anus.

Edited by That's No Moon
inappropriate use of an apostrophe
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

9 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I think this is clearly a game the Bills should win based on talent alone.

That said, week 1 is always wildly unpredictable, so my confidence interval isn’t as high as it probably should be.

The Zebras are the unpredictable part of anything can happen.

Based on talent the Bills win on paper but the striped shirted idiots have a way of keeping crappy teams in a game.

• Like (+1) 2

Bills nearly lost season opener last year to Jets. This year the Bills should be up three scores by the start of the fourth quarter and most of the starters will rest the last 10 minutes. 

Jets o-line is not good but Bell and Gore will be a test for Oliver, Harrison, and Edmunds. If they keep Jets under 100 yards rushing I will be a little less worried about the dline.