The Starting Lineup For 2020

GreggTX

This seems like the right time to discuss starting lineups. I'll just list names.

DL: Murphy, Oliver, Phillips, Hughes

LB: Edmunds, Milano, Klein

CB: White, Wallace, T Johnson (Slot)

S: Hyde, Poyer

QB: Allen

RB: Singletary

FB: Gilliam

WR: Diggs, Brown, Beasley (Slot)

TE: Knox

OL: Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Winters, Ford (Not at sure about RG and RT though. Depends on D Williams knee.)

KR/PR: Roberts (assuming he is resigned)

K: Bass

P: Bojorquez

Not many surprises, but I'm guessing some may question Murphy, Winters or Wallace. I think this is who we'll see week 1.

Edited by GreggTX

11 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Addison starts over Murphy. I’m moderately surprised he didn’t get cut today

The only place that narrative existed was with Bills fans. There has been no indication from the team that they are anything but happy with Murphy.

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

I’m not sure if Phillips starts.

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Agree with Rico.  Phillips may not even be active week 1.

As long as he is healthy I think he will start, but with how much they rotate I am not sure it matters.

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

The only place that narrative existed was with Bills fans. There has been no indication from the team that they are anything but happy with Murphy.

Not sure about "happy," but I agree with the sentiment. The exterior pass rush will need all the help it can get and nobody really pushed him out of the rotation. He'll give you the occasional burst of production, occasional doldrums, and is generally a "decent" player. Not a huge fan, but the pass rush is slightly better WITH Murphy. No cap or team reason to part ways at this point.

Edited by LSHMEAB

50 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

This seems like the right time to discuss starting lineups. I'll just list names.

DL: Murphy, Oliver, Phillips, Hughes

LB: Edmunds, Milano, Klein

CB: White, Wallace, T Johnson (Slot)

S: Hyde, Poyer

QB: Allen

RB: Singletary

FB: Gilliam

WR: Diggs, Brown, Beasley (Slot)

TE: Knox

OL: Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Winters, Ford (Not at sure about RG and RT though. Depends on D Williams knee.)

KR/PR: Roberts (assuming he is resigned)

K: Bass

P: Bojorquez

Not many surprises, but I'm guessing some may question Murphy, Winters or Wallace. I think this is who we'll see week 1.

Williams for Winters and Addison for Murphy. other than that this list is good with me. small chance Kroft may be in for Gilliam as well.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We didn’t sign Addison for $30 million to be a backup.

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Those who are saying Addison is a starter are going to be disappointed when they find Murphy starting.

The designation of "starter" for any d-linemen on the Bills doesn't mean much.

The Bills defense rotates d-linemen as much as any team in the league. 

Whoever "starts" a game may or may not have more total snaps by the final whistle than someone who "wasn't a starter".

It doesn't really matter.

• Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Williams for Winters and Addison for Murphy. other than that this list is good with me. small chance Kroft may be in for Gilliam as well.

Actually I think Ford for Winters with Williams at RT if ready.  I agree with Addison over Murphy. Nothing against Trent but we already know what he can do and like mentioned above we didn't pay a 10 sack a year guy 30M to be a back up.  If both equally healthy I'd go Norman over Wallace. 

Edited by billsbackto81

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

The designation of "starter" for any d-linemen on the Bills doesn't mean much.

The Bills defense rotates d-linemen as much as any team in the league. 

Whoever "starts" a game may or may not have more total snaps by the final whistle than someone who "wasn't a starter".

It doesn't really matter.

If it doesn’t matter, then we wouldn’t have the same 4 DL starting every game.  It was news and McDermott addressed it publicly when Jordan Phillips went out first before Ed Oliver around week 7.

Addison got way overpaid imo. If Phillips doesn't start at DT we're in trouble because neither FA DT acquisition is starter quality. Also, Oliver's rookie year was less than spectacular. I'm hoping he makes huge strides this year or we could be pretty soft against the inside run, especially with Edmunds' missed tackles.

• Like (+1) 1