Titans get Clowney on 1 year, 15 mil deal *Updated

Virgil

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Trent Murphy averages $7.5 million a year. How is that comparable to a $12 million a year contract?

Teams just want a one year rental because they don't believe he is a long term answer. Seattle rolled the dice and realized he isn't worth it.

Are his 3 sacks that coveted?

The only comparison I can think about right now is you and a broken record.  Yes, we know how you feel.  Maybe you should tell us again.  Please

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Boy did he screw himself.. Seattle offered him $15M/yr and he turned it down... now he’s looking at a 1yr deal for $12M 👀

and the cap is going down next year 👀 

👀

Honestly good.  Im as glad as i was to watch Leveon Bells strong arming back fire.  way over valued himself and he'll be too salty about the paycut to perform well. Hell be out of the league in 2years id bet.  you have to stay hungry in this league

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The only comparison I can think about right now is you and a broken record.  Yes, we know how you feel.  Maybe you should tell us again.  Please

This is the first time I have ever mentioned Murphy's contract and I don't talk about him much.

Unless you are referring to Clowney? Yes, I think everyone on the planet is a broken record when discussing him, because it has been discussed to death and nothing has changed.

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They were a 9 win team last regular season and that was with Mariota playing the first half of the season.. 

And they were a 9 win team the year before with Mariota playing all of the games. And they were 9-7 every year since 2016.

I think that is their ceiling and I don't know if they will reach that this year. I think Vrabel isn't that good of a coach, and I KNOW Ryan Tannehill isn't that good of a QB. It's up to them to prove me wrong.

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

This is the first time I have ever mentioned Murphy's contract and I don't talk about him much.

Unless you are referring to Clowney? Yes, I think everyone on the planet is a broken record when discussing him, because it has been discussed to death and nothing has changed.

And they were a 9 win team the year before with Mariota playing all of the games. And they were 9-7 every year since 2016.

I think that is their ceiling and I don't know if they will reach that this year. I think Vrabel isn't that good of a coach, and I KNOW Ryan Tannehill isn't that good of a QB. It's up to them to prove me wrong.

Yes I’m referring to Clowney.  I figured that would be obvious 

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well.. if they win 9 again this year, they won’t be worse then..

I like how they finished last regular season and their playoff form...

Im bullish on them lining up against the AFC/ NFC north.,

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think Dean Pees' retirement is potentially a huge loss for them. Vrabel decided not to hire a defensive coordinator so the situation is very much up in the air, last I checked nobody was sure who will even call the defenses. If it's Vrabel himself he's putting a lot on his plate trying to replace one of the top DCs in the game.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yes I’m referring to Clowney.  I figured that would be obvious 

Funny, because you referenced my post about Murphy.

Should we start a few more monster threads about how we need to sign Clowney for you? And you say I'M repeating myself?

Edited by MJS

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

It would really hurt for sure if they keep that loser Murphy,  these are Sean type of players and that will get you beat.  You need talent in this league not just good boys

Yeah, having Murphy lead the team in snaps at DE definitely hurt the league’s #2 scoring defense last year...

...wait...

Never mind, it didn’t hurt. Actually, it probably helped. That’s probably why the HC and DC of one of the best defenses in the game decided to keep him at what is not close to a big contract for a DE.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, MJS said:

I think they will be worse than last year. An 8 or 9 win team.

I have a hard time seeing the pay a bad qb model being successful for them on a consistent level. 

Henry coming off a punishing workload misses a few games and they could sink from contender to mediocre quickly.

that said, that a former coach of his and playoff contender scooped him up at essentially his asking price should tell those that think he’s not a weapon something.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Should we start a few more monster threads about how we need to sign Clowney for you? And you say I'M repeating myself?

I haven’t started any Clowney threads, but feel free to start another!  Yes, you’re repeating yourself.  

13 hours ago, MJS said:

Trent Murphy averages $7.5 million a year. How is that comparable to a $12 million a year contract?

Teams just want a one year rental because they don't believe he is a long term answer. Seattle rolled the dice and realized he isn't worth it.

I think teams are wary of his knee holding up long term after micro fracture surgery very specifically as a major factor 

13 hours ago, MJS said:

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Funny that you’re lost about murphy is actually about Clowney