Tre White agrees to contract extension

FluffHead

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'll "duck and cover" after this question:

People still think that Milano will ask for 14 million per?

Milano will take his cue from Tre and get a fair deal for both sides.

If Tre wanted to he could of held out for a lot more $s and asked for the 5th year option to be dropped.

What??? Did someone actually suggest Milano would get 14 mil per? No Fing Way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Hunh.

I was told here literally dozens of times over the last twelve months or so that this would not happen for most likely two more years, but one at the absolute minimum, that it happening this year was an impossibility. Someone must not have told Beane and Tre how impossible it was.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a good point the guarantee is very high. 78% guaranteed. That is the other side of the decent annual average. But I still think great deal.

Yup. Both sides do well here.

Haven't yet seen the numbers on the signing bonus, but with that guarantee, Tre is going to feel that his family is in a very very safe place as of now. Waiting for two more years was an injury risk. This is a smart move for Tre, and equally smart for the team.

You only do this deal with a guy you're really confident is a great citizen. Tre has showed every sign of being that kind of guy, responsible, a worker, a leader. Not to mention talented and a tremendous fit in the McDermott system.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Magox said:

I think the Bills will try to re up with Milano but most likely won't put the full court press on him.   I'd be shocked if they pay him $14 m per year.  I'm thinking they will offer him a 4 year $40 million contract with $30M or so guaranteed.    Milano is the kind of player they want, he fits the defense perfectly.  But, there is only so much money to go around with a team full of up and coming stars.

I think you're low here, myself.

You're right that good teams have to say goodbye to some guys they'd rather keep. But the McDermott system needs a guy - and has historically shown willingness to pay very well indeed - who can play very well at Milano's position. My bet is that if they do re-sign him, and I'm betting the odds are pretty good, that he gets closer to $14 mill a year than to the $10 you suggest.

We'll see.

9 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

You're right that good teams have to say goodbye to some guys they'd rather keep. But the McDermott system needs a guy - and has historically shown willingness to pay very well indeed - who can play very well at Milano's position. My bet is that if they do re-sign him, and I'm betting the odds are pretty good, that he gets closer to $14 mill a year than to the $10 you suggest.

We'll see.

I would be outright shocked if Milano’s deal is more than $10M per season. That’s a great contract for a 4-3 WILL.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

We'll see.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I would be outright shocked if Milano’s deal is more than $10M per season. That’s a great contract for a 4-3 WILL.

I'm with GoBills808 on this. No way do I see Matt Milano banking $14 mil per from us. None, Where did this ***** start?

Edited by beerme1

16 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

I'm with GoBills808 on this. No way do I see Matt Milano banking $14 mil per from us. None, Where did this ***** start?

It ‘started’ from what Spotrac has suggested/predicted, what Milano will get, which iirc, was $14 million per, or close to. It wasn’t someone’s random guess.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buddo said:

It ‘started’ from what Spotrac has suggested/predicted, what Milano will get, which iirc, was $14 million per, or close to. It wasn’t someone’s random guess.

Was just about to post the same thing..  I just checked it.. 4 years at $52M is their projection...

Doesn’t mean jack of course.., 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Capco said:

Clements and Winfield also come to mind.  

I think the last one we re-signed was McGee.  

Yes, this was good to see get done.  Winfield was one of my favorite CBs because of the way he tackled, especially for a guy his size.  He just didn’t miss tackles.

Tbh, I think that's a great deal for both sides. If Tre is locked up through 2025, then we get him for around $12 million per, which is terrific in respect of cap management. The big guarantee gets Tre his security, and also gives him the chance of another payday.

I don't know how much will be coming 'off the books' this year, but I would think there's a chance we could also get Milano done, especially as he supposedly 'just wants to be here.'

I'm not thinking in terms of any discount, but if a player wants to be somewhere, then negotiations always go smoother.

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yup. Both sides do well here.

Haven't yet seen the numbers on the signing bonus, but with that guarantee, Tre is going to feel that his family is in a very very safe place as of now. Waiting for two more years was an injury risk. This is a smart move for Tre, and equally smart for the team.

You only do this deal with a guy you're really confident is a great citizen. Tre has showed every sign of being that kind of guy, responsible, a worker, a leader. Not to mention talented and a tremendous fit in the McDermott system.

And I don't think has missed a game in 3 years through injury has he?