Tre White agrees to contract extension

FluffHead

I'm late to this thread, but I just wanted to say this anyway...

I am sooooo glad the Bills re-signed Tre White.

He is my absolute favorite Buffalo Bill, and it's not even close.

He's an elite player, a great teammate, a great role model, a great member of the community, and a great man. In terms of the being the type of guy you give big money to, he checks every box you could possibly want and then some.

We all figured this would get done, but nothing is a guarantee in the NFL. 

I am so, so glad I will get to watch this man in action in a Buffalo Bills jersey for the next several years.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Even more shocking is I bought his jersey last year and that's usually the case of death.  My previous four purchases were Watkins, Gilmore, Edwards, and Lynch.

I got an Allen jersey this week.  I've NEVER had a jersey who the player stayed with the team beyond 2 years after I bought it.  

Edited by Virgil

Just now, Virgil said:

I got an Allen jersey this week.  I've NEVER had a jersey who the player stayed with the team beyond 2 years after I bought it.  

Oh boy.  If Allen busts I have someone to blame now.  I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Oh boy.  If Allen busts I have someone to blame now.  I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious. 

It's the only true way I know to challenge to see if the BBFS and 20 year pain is finally over

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Can you buy a Daboll jersey and retro it back a year?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I've been saying this the past couple years when half the board has been clamoring to get rid of him.  Why?  Why get rid of him when the team is not in a salary cap crunch and he still is good enough to be a part of the defensive line rotation?  It's insanely illogical.

Exactly.  I was surprised at the stat that he led the d-line in snap percentage last year.  He's a key part of our run defense.

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Reports are Murphy has been great in training camp and is a starter on this team.

With the rotation scheme, Murph will get 7 sacks at least.  I would take the over.  Glad he’s with us.  We’re better with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

My favorite Bill!

Tre day all the way!

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Pegulas lay out coin for the highest paid cb in the league.  Remember all guaranteed money goes into an Escrow account at time of signing and paid to player as contract requires. Meaning pegs had 55 mil cash in hand to put out there. 

I'm sure every single NFL owner has 55 million cash to put out there

If they didn't they wouldn't  be an NFL owner

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Didn't know it was Murphy's last year.  Thanks for the info.

Now Hughes on the other hand... Has this year and next under contract. Is set to make about $10M a year, and next year his dead money is only $2M. So trade-able now, and cutable next year.

But with that said, that doesnt seem to be how Beane runs his roster. Seems like he lets guys play out their contracts as much as they can. I dont see Jerry going anywhere until his deal runs out.

2 hours ago, Magox said:

I've been saying this the past couple years when half the board has been clamoring to get rid of him.  Why?  Why get rid of him when the team is not in a salary cap crunch and he still is good enough to be a part of the defensive line rotation?  It's insanely illogical.

I'm guilty of talking about cutting Murphy, but only in the context of bringing in Ngakuoe and needing the cap space (while upgrading Murphy's position). Short of anything crazy happening it makes sense to keep him around. He's made some big plays, and I havent checked the tape but it feels like more good plays than bad plays.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CaliBills said:

Team friendly deals happen when you create a amazing culture where players want to continue playing.

I believe players are now wanting to stay in B-Lo, so they can see this thing (winning) through. That is what happens when they get high character football players that just want to play to win. Not for the paycheck.

I think it also happens when you restructure prior to resentment building which keeps adding to that culture.