Tre White agrees to contract extension

FluffHead

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I owe @Shaw66 an apology. I said that Tre was not taking any hometown discount. He has taken at least $4m less than his market value over the term of the deal.

Excellent post!

Awesome deal for the team, and of course Tre! He deserves it, great player great person! This team is building something really special, next up Milano then Edmunds and obviously Josh 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

That handshake doesn't look very 6ft...

Can't believe you got scooped on this story btw.  I'm very disappointed in you. You'll gonna need to cancel whatever personal life you have and be better going forward

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'll "duck and cover" after this question:

People still think that Milano will ask for 14 million per?

Milano will take his cue from Tre and get a fair deal for both sides.

If Tre wanted to he could of held out for a lot more $s and asked for the 5th year option to be dropped.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

This is just a fantastic deal.  The value, knowing what others are going to get, very soon, is amazing.

I'm very curious to know the logic behind both sides of this deal, as I agree it's surprising to see a deal after only 3 years.  

Tre - Get the guaranteed money now, before a possible cap reduction next year and have another shot at FA?  If he waited until next year, assuming the cap doesn't drop, he could have probably gotten 2-3 more a year and more guaranteed.  Also, does he know the big plan and is trying to help the team sign everyone?  Milano this year, other guys next year, etc...

Bills - Why pay him this year when they still have Milano to lock up, if he's even in the plans?  They won't franchise Milano next year have no leverage to retain him.  Does the money of this deal actually free more money up?  I'm curious to know how this structure affects the big plan.

Side note, how is Murphy still on the team and I guess that puts an end to the dream of Clowney on a one year deal

From my understanding his cap doesn’t go up for 2 more years.. so this shouldn’t affect Milano.. also the higher cap number will go up in 2022 so by then Tre won’t even be close to being the highest paid corner... think the only new money he gets now is his signing bonus... I’m not a lawyer though so I don’t know...

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is just a fantastic deal.  The value, knowing what others are going to get, very soon, is amazing.

I'm very curious to know the logic behind both sides of this deal, as I agree it's surprising to see a deal after only 3 years.  

Tre - Get the guaranteed money now, before a possible cap reduction next year and have another shot at FA?  If he waited until next year, assuming the cap doesn't drop, he could have probably gotten 2-3 more a year and more guaranteed.  Also, does he know the big plan and is trying to help the team sign everyone?  Milano this year, other guys next year, etc...

Bills - Why pay him this year when they still have Milano to lock up, if he's even in the plans?  They won't franchise Milano next year have no leverage to retain him.  Does the money of this deal actually free more money up?  I'm curious to know how this structure affects the big plan.

Side note, how is Murphy still on the team and I guess that puts an end to the dream of Clowney on a one year deal

Reports are Murphy has been great in training camp and is a starter on this team.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The fact he signed before Humphrey, lattimore and Ramsey is likely good 

Concur. Now there's 3 teams out there saying "Oh *****"

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

But I don't know. Who is a better Quarterback of the Defense. Tre or Stephon? Tre has impressed me as an all phases of the D type of guy. Stefon.. maybe.

2 minutes ago, boater said:

Concur. Now there's 3 teams out there saying "Oh *****"

But I don't know. Who is a better Quarterback of the Defense. Tre or Stephon? Tre has impressed me as an all phases of the D type of guy. Stefon.. maybe.

Tre needs to work on pointing at other guys and looking exasperated with their mistakes when he gets beat. He’s kind of weak in that area. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

For the Bills, he was only going to get more expensive. Regardless if the cap drops, he's arguably the best corner in the league right now. Locking him up a lower price and not having to negotiate his deal and Milano's at the same time is a huge benefit. 

For Tre, the uncertainty is probably a factor. I suspect it will be a large deposit into his bank account tomorrow allowing the people managing his money to invest it right away and have at least an extra year of investment income which can be substantial. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Tre needs to work on pointing at other guys and looking exasperated with their mistakes when he gets beat. He’s kind of weak in that area. 

Fair criticism. I also noticed that a bit last year.

I'm sure he can work those kinks out. He seems to be a process "continual improvement" type.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

This deal is as good as we could have hoped for. I would’ve loved to have seen an extra year tacked on, but this gives it a little more certainty in the post Covid world. Love the player, love the deal.

There's no way an extra year would have been added. It's already going to cover him for 6 seasons since it's not voiding the 5th year of his rookie deal which I absolutely expected to happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

There's no way an extra year would have been added. It's already going to cover him for 6 seasons since it's not voiding the 5th year of his rookie deal which I absolutely expected to happen. 

I missed that. I thought it was a four year beginning in 2020. Now I can unequivocally say that I love the deal

• Like (+1) 2