Buffalo one of only two stadiums that will require face coverings on sideline

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

sorry to hear of your ailment. truely. I have family going thru similar issues, including my mother whom i havent seen since this started. I wear my mask in public. I never said I didnt respect that. I just stated a truth and was called an idiot. Those who are in high risk need to be protected. Those who arent should still be careful and mindful. but damn, 50 million people died from Spanish flu. The world never shut down like this. 

Apparently they should have.  LOL.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The New York Metro area is one of the world's largest transportation hubs. NYC was broadsided, before anyone knew what was going on. New York now has the lowest, or almost the lowest percentage of new cases, and deaths, in the U.S. That is not an accident.

Shhhh! Facts are hard for some people here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

"They" is the CDC. We already went over this. The CDC is wrong?

Let's try one more time:

How religion works: "This is what I believe, and I believe it forevermore World Without End Amen"

How science works: "This is what I believe based on current knowledge.  When we gain different knowledge and understanding, I will adjust my beliefs to match"

CDC, March, based on what was then known (mostly from China): don't wear a mask, asymptomatic spread rare

CDC, May, based on new and overwhelming contact tracing evidence: asymptomatic spread is a problem, masks help reduce this, please wear a mask.

You're welcome, and further discussion is welcome too - in PPP, or in the Covid Discussion thread in OTW.

Thank you

29 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

LOL.  I feel bad for the mods.  I've never seen politics and sports converge together like they have this year.

Your expression of sympathy is appreciated.  Thank you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, todd said:

Im not a fan, but I appreciate the efforts NY is going through to keep people like me safe and alive.

Hey!!!!!

Long time no see! It's nice to see you on here again. I hope you and your family are doing well during this virus. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, todd said:

Thanks.

Sorry, but your truth is questionable.

That was 100 years ago. Are you really comparing our understanding of medicine and how we deal with things to now? Don’t you think it is important to do whatever is in our power to save at risk people like me, including wearing masks? Is it that hard?

you didnt read my post?? I said I wear a mask. I said those who are most vulnerable should take the most precautions. I said those at low risk should be careful and mindful of others. wtf are you assuming Im saying that I clearly never said? 

And once again peeps - the Covid threads are at your service if you wish a general discussion of covid.

Fair warning, I still have N95 maskmarks on my face from spending the afternoon in Covid Central (big teaching hospital in town) with my non-covid-infected (yet) 88 year old heart patient mother, recovering from a respiratory arrest and hip replacement. 

This is my second time speaking up on this point. 

If your post has disappeared, take it as a Free Clue that it's regarded as devoid of football relevance...or don't, I don't care.  Kicking a few people out the airlock for not taking heed to this warning wouldn't bother me a bit. Make My Day.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills will have advantage at home stadium compared to visitors who are not used to wearing masks.

Personally if I had to wear a mask at job 10-12 hours a day I could not do it for I had bronchitis / walking pneumonia as college student which reduced my lung capacity.  I would have doubted doctor except I had empirical evidence of it for I used to be able to swim the length of an Olympic size swimming pool under water and could only do half the length afterwards.

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Bills will have advantage at home stadium compared to visitors who are not used to wearing masks.

Personally if I had to wear a mask at job 10-12 hours a day I could not do it for I had bronchitis / walking pneumonia as college student which reduced my lung capacity.  I would have doubted doctor except I had empirical evidence of it for I used to be able to swim the length of an Olympic size swimming pool under water and could only do half the length afterwards.

Even a paper mask?  My 88 yr old heart failure mom can wear one.  Has to, in hospital.

I can feel an N95 or a KN95 mask, especially if I exert myself near to my personal physical capacity.

Cloth mask with a filter, I feel it a bit if I'm hiking uphill

A single-layer cloth mask or a paper medical mask?  Don't even know it's there, nowadays, it's so light and breatheable.

Still, I feel bad for players coming off the field sucking major wind.  Maybe they'll have some kind of oxygen setup they can wear to help them recover, oxygen mask under a medical mask or something.

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Even a paper mask?  My 88 yr old heart failure mom can wear one.  Has to, in hospital.

Yes, I can use one when going shopping but not long term. 

Fortunately even shopping it is not necessary all the time; when I am in big box hardware store often no one is within 20 feet of us and other places I just go into corner away from people.

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly I approve. It won’t inconvenience them too much and I’d rather the players take precautions so they can keep playing.

side note: hapless, sorry to hear about what you’re going through...stay safe! Also stay sane! Reading through this thread has been like trying to read the Bible and the Koran at the same time....with the random Cthulhu worshippers who don’t understand why masks are required and just want the world to burn under an octopus faced tentacle monster

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

People at risk can CHOOSE to wear masks and stay home... 

I don't understand this comment and I definitely don't understand how people don't get this...

You wear a mask to protect OTHERS! So it's not about the people at risk choosing to wear them, it does not help them, it helps YOU. 2nd, some people CAN NOT stay home. They may have to work, go to the grocery store or whatever. Not everyone has options to stay home, not work, or could afford to pay someone to go shopping for them.

Saying "People at risk can CHOOSE to wear masks and stay home" is just about the most ignorant comment anyone can make!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, boater said:

And since King Andy likes to sadistically kick people around, especially Upstate people, you can count on the face covering mandate to continue.

Fyi, I looked into your boating license. Appears current. But your fishing license is expired. If I catch you trolling again, you’ll be in a heap of trouble, ‘pardner’. We don’t take kindly to yer kind in this neighborhood..

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

I understand that masks are for protecting others. The best way for those at higher risks from comorbidity is to stay home, and not to rely on gov't forcing others to wear masks. Masks are def not a guarantee of non-transmittel.

But some people don't have an option to stay home. No family in the area, no money to pay for others to do things for them. Telling them they have an option is such a "privileged" comment.

True, masks are not a guarantee, but they help ALOT. Not wearing a simple piece of cloth to help protect even just one person is immoral. These are the same people that are the most dumbfounded when a relative gets sick and dies.

• Like (+1) 1