Josh Rosen - the perfect push

rayray808

1 hour ago, clearwater cadet said:

Remember when a bunch of people were pissed the bills took allen over rosen.  Just true you never know.

I was one of those people. There were a lot of those people. They showed a video of the draft party at the Field House after the pick was announced, there were mostly boos. But within 24 hrs I was all in on Allen. Comparing interviews Rosen just sounded like an entitled brat that was handed everything in life whereas Allen had to work hard to get where he was

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

What has Rosen done or shown to even suggest he’s better than Barkley? Or Fromm? 
Rosens play has been at a disaster level. 
I’ll be the first to admit he’s been in bad spots when asked to play but he’s still shown nothing that we don’t already have. I’d rather be go to Seattle or the giants or Atlanta or somewhere in the NFC where he’ll have a shot to actually sit and learn and get his redemption chance later. 

If the situations were reversed between Allen and Rosen, no one would be defending Allen for being dealt a tough hand. It would have been "case closed" because that was the pre-draft assessment of Allen. But because Rosen had believers there's all this excuse-making now.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

This falls into trying to collect talent vs team building.  It could be argued that it would not even add talent and the Bills are better off with Barkley overall.

As far as Allen’s game preparation and over all improvement goes , I think  Berkeley knows his role and I want him in that QB room and NOT Rosen 

7 hours ago, rayray808 said:

Rotoworld already rumored us to be in the mix but I think it makes total sense:

1) A back up with starter potential - should Josh Allen ever get hurt for multiple games, Rosen has a higher ceiling that Barkley.

2) A healthy competition to push JA - Lots of the top QB's around the league have solid back ups behind them to help the starter remain accountable - Rodgers/Love, Brees/Winston, Carr/Mariota, Trubisky/Foles, Wentz/Hurns, Baker/Keenum, Prescott/Dalton

I love Josh Allen and think he can be our franchise QB, but I would feel a lot safer seeing him hurdle opponents with Rosen holding the clipboard.

Can you provide tangible examples of how the back-up QBs in your silly example have pushed the starters and helped them remain accountable?  And what does holding them accountable even mean?  

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

If you think Rosen has a noodle arm, you might not know much about him. He has a pretty good arm, and as far as athletic ability goes, is worlds apart from Peterman.

Even the Miami HC said he had the best arm in camp. Just can t read a defense. Maybe that can be taught. No attitude issues reported.

Buffalo is not the right place for him. He needs to go to a place to learn from a true veteran Or a great offensive minded HC. New Orleans, Seattle, KC, Philadelphia, LA Rams. 

2 hours ago, clearwater cadet said:

Remember when a bunch of people were pissed the bills took allen over rosen.  Just true you never know.

Allen was my number 1 but Rosen was my number 2 With Mayfield, Jackson and Darnold  at 3,4,5

• Like (+1) 1

Bring in the guy who was drafted 10th overall and has the distinction of having both teams he’s played for draft a QB in the first round in successive seasons because he’s shown so much promise? At the risk of souring the QB room? :blink:

• Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

The attitude rumors have to be somewhat real at this point, right? Either he's a limited QB, or he's a potentially talented QB with a bad attitude. I don't want either.

Thank you, Nelius.

Man o man, why isn’t the first thing that comes up on this guy the “fact” that he is a complete d**k? 

...and this isn’t just from the major media bleeps and bloops since before the draft.  This is from others.  Please, this also isn’t about his politics. 

If I didn’t want a douche as a starter and how this team wouldn’t react well to his “leadership”, why would I want him as a back up?

27 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Can you provide tangible examples of how the back-up QBs in your silly example have pushed the starters and helped them remain accountable?  And what does holding them accountable even mean?  

Well right now, all of those starting QBs are tied for leading the league in wins and every statistical QB stat category!