Robert Foster and Jason Croom on trade block per Albert Breer (update: Croom released)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

I would rather have Croom on this team over Lee Smith and Kroft.  Croom had a very respectable rookie season. 

People don’t like hearing it, but Lee Smith is actually very good at what the team asks him to do. 

However, I have no problem letting him go and putting a 6th OLman on the field instead, especially considering the mandatory 8th active OLman on game day rule.

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Like anyone would trade for those eagles CBs

That was a mugging

I'd flick a conditional pick for Sidney Jones just because I loved him in college. He had the unfortunate injury right before the draft and doesn't look the same player since but there is definitely talent there. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, thebandit27 said:

People don’t like hearing it, but Lee Smith is actually very good at what the team asks him to do. 

However, I have no problem letting him go and putting a 6th OLman on the field instead, especially considering the mandatory 8th active OLman on game day rule.

That has been the narrative but I just don't see it.  Last year I seen a lot of penalties and a lot of whiffs.

I feel like guys get a reputation and it just follows them for years without really looking at their play.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd flick a conditional pick for Sidney Jones just because I loved him in college. He had the unfortunate injury right before the draft and doesn't look the same player since but there is definitely talent there. 

He was CB1 in that draft before the injury...and I still think Douglas would be a good fit for McDermott’s D, but he’s not the tackler they want, nor does he have the ball awareness.

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

That has been the narrative but I just don't see it.  Last year I seen a lot of penalties and a lot of whiffs.

I feel like guys get a reputation and it just follows them for years without really looking at their play.

Meh, forget the narrative, let the tape do the talking:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2019/10/2/20892248/all-22-analysis-buffalo-bills-tight-end-lee-smith-blocking-penalties

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He was CB1 in that draft before the injury...and I still think Douglas would be a good fit for McDermott’s D, but he’s not the tackler they want, nor does he have the ball awareness.

Meh, forget the narrative, let the tape do the talking:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2019/10/2/20892248/all-22-analysis-buffalo-bills-tight-end-lee-smith-blocking-penalties

That didn't show me anything.  I can find plays for other TEs that are doing the same thing.  He has like 9 penalties last year, while only playing like 50% of snaps.  Second most of team.  They just nitpicked certain plays. 

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

That didn't show me anything.  I can find plays for other TEs that are doing the same thing.  He has like 9 penalties last year, while only playing like 50% of snaps.  Second most of team.  They just nitpicked certain plays. 

Yes, the penalties are an issue. No doubt.

But no, there aren’t a lot of TEs that do that kind of dirty work, and I’d invite you to show examples if you’ve got them.

I have to question what you’d want to see in a blocking TE if what you looked at didn’t show you anything? Also, to say that the film shots are cherry picked is a bit glossy unless you’re going to show the plays where he doesn’t do his job.

But like I said: I’d be fine letting him go and playing a 6th OLman instead. All good with me. I just don’t think it’s correct to marginalize how good he is at what he’s asked to do.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I would rather have Croom on this team over Lee Smith and Kroft.  Croom had a very respectable rookie season. 

Croom is the KB of TE's except worse, he is too slow to be a WR and lacks the ability to play TE. He runs horrid routes, can't block, hands are suspect, ball security is suspect, he is constantly dealing with injuries and never seems to be open. Lee Smith is a good blocker and Kroft is just barely pushing average if he can stay healthy but Croom just plain sucks. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I had him him just behind Tre and Marlon Humphrey who were tied for CB2. But he was very much in that Lattimore, White, Humphrey territory. So I would be willing to see if there was anything still there for a cheap price...

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Croom is the KB of TE's except worse, he is too slow to be a WR and lacks the ability to play TE. He runs horrid routes, can't block, hands are suspect, ball security is suspect, he is constantly dealing with injuries and never seems to be open. Lee Smith is a good blocker and Kroft is just barely pushing average if he can stay healthy but Croom just plain sucks. 

But other than that...

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

That rule really hurts guys like Smith.