What they're saying | NFL analysts make these observations for the 2020 Bills

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/what-they-re-saying-nfl-analysts-make-these-observations-for-the-2020-bills

What they're saying | NFL analysts make these observations for the 2020 Bills

1. PFF picked the Bills to win the division.

2. Bills stay at 6 in latest NFL.com Power Rankings.

3. The Athletic ranks the Bills 3rd in continuity.

4. Schein ranks Bills defense 2nd in the NFL.

screw SI and 3rd in the AFCE

Juggernaut 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Every analyst and writer is entitled to their own opinion.  The Bills could be excellent this year and be a legitimate SB contender.  Their schedule could also turn out to be a really difficult one (you never truly know until the season plays out) and they could "regress" to a middle-of-the road record (between 7-9 and 9-7), after losing a few tight ballgames against top-tier clubs.  Allen's development will likely be the key.   I am more on the optimistic side, but we'll see how it plays out.  I don't waste my energy getting upset about what a columnist thinks the Bills will do.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

Every analyst and writer is entitled to their own opinion.  The Bills could be excellent this year and be a legitimate SB contender.  Their schedule could also turn out to be a really difficult one (you never truly know until the season plays out) and they could "regress" to a middle-of-the road record (between 7-9 and 9-7), after losing a few tight ballgames against top-tier clubs.  Allen's development will likely be the key.   I am more on the optimistic side, but we'll see how it plays out.  I don't waste my energy getting upset about what a columnist thinks the Bills will do.  

I dunno, I like being labeled a "juggernaut"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Every year, injuries are the wild card.  This year, we also have covid to worry about.  If a couple of key guys are out, the Bills will struggle with this schedule.

Of course every year there's a risk of injuries for every team, and it comes down to whether you are lucky or unlucky.  Last year the Bills were pretty lucky.

7 hours ago, CNY315 said:

We’re gonna be a problem for everybody  💪

This is what I always come back to when folks talk about the “tough schedule.”  What do you think other teams think when they see Buffalo on the schedule?

The Bills are going to be favored in at least 12 of their 16 games.

Bring on the Juggernaut!

36 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Every year, injuries are the wild card.  This year, we also have covid to worry about.  If a couple of key guys are out, the Bills will struggle with this schedule.

Of course every year there's a risk of injuries for every team, and it comes down to whether you are lucky or unlucky.  Last year the Bills were pretty lucky.

The Bills have become one of the healthiest franchises in the league, and it’s not by accident.  They have SOTA facilities and a staff that focuses on player health and well-being.  You might say, “doesn’t every team?”  Not to the same level.  Now, of course, injuries happen, but the Bills are set up as well or better than anyone.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

This is what I always come back to when folks talk about the “tough schedule.”  What do you think other teams think when they see Buffalo on the schedule?

The Bills are going to be favored in at least 12 of their 16 games.

Everyone who sees Buffalo on their schedule has that down as a tough game too. Even the Chiefs and the 49ers. But that doesn't mean those are easy games. The Bills are good. But there are lots of teams who are pretty good and then a couple with a chance to take a big step on this schedule. There were a lot of games last year the Bills could win at 75%. This year they will need to be 90% plus every week pretty much. Week 1 might be the easiest game on the schedule. 

• Like (+1) 5

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Everyone who sees Buffalo on their schedule has that down as a tough game too. Even the Chiefs and the 49ers. But that doesn't mean those are easy games. The Bills are good. But there are lots of teams who are pretty good and then a couple with a chance to take a big step on this schedule. There were a lot of games last year the Bills could win at 75%. This year they will need to be 90% plus every week pretty much. Week 1 might be the easiest game on the schedule. 

I think there's a lot in this.

It was undoubtedly a relatively easy schedule for the Bills last season.

It's not so much this year.

The one observation I will make, is that we did play up (mostly) to the level of the opposition (e.g. Cowgirls), so I'm relatively confident in our ability to hang with just about anyone, providing we do execute properly.

The D is legit, and the offense still has plenty of room to grow. If it does, then we can certainly believe in the Bills as a potential 'juggernaut'.

90% plus, is a tough benchmark to maintain, but the good thing is, the amount of talent on this team, will have you winning the majority of their games.

T5. Buffalo Bills: 134-121-1 (.525)

24  Buffalo Bills 122-132-2  (.480)

the question for 2020 

Are these teams better?

Rams - @ Buffalo they had a down season following their SB season and I don’t know if they improved again 

Charges @ Buffalo - how long will TT be the starter?

Pats** - Is Cam good enough and how long before BB pulls the plug. 

Steelers @ Buffalo

Chiefs @ Buffalo

17 years of Bills football prior to the tenure of McDermott and Beane have made me wary of counting my chickens before they're hatched.   Yet Beane and McDermott have clearly done things the right way over the last three years.  That has resulted in the recognition Buffalo has gotten this year among analysts.  I'm eager to see how it plays out in the season, and hopeful that we'll continue to move in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/what-they-re-saying-8-record-predictions-for-buffalo-s-2020-regular-season

1. USA Today thinks the Bills will finish 10-6
2. Bleacher Report sees a 10-6 season for Bills

3. Howard Simon believes Buffalo is a 12-win team
4. Sporting News predicts an 11-5 record for Buffalo

5. CBS Sports eyes a 9-7 season for Buffalo

6. Pro Football Network thinks the Bills will have same record as 2019

7. ESPN thinks the Bills will have a 12-4 record

9. Fox Sports predicts an 8-8 record

Fox Sports’ Nick Wright thinks the Bills will finish third in the AFC East and miss the playoffs not because of what they lack but because of their tough schedule in the second half of the season.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

• 2 weeks later...