DiMarco to IR

YoloinOhio

43 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ll answer your question with another question?  Do we really need a traditional lead blocking FB?  I’d almost rather have Moss out there as the lead back 🤷🏾‍♂️

There is only one ball. So unless Moss is carrying it, he needs to be a better blocker than DiMarco to be an improvement, which is doubtful.. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

It also makes us much more predictable

I would rather have an H back that is a threat to catch it AND can block

Yea, it's a little shortsighted that a 2nd back's only value is blocking. The point is to neutralize a guy which could be accomplished in more ways than just blocking. You send Moss out to the flat on one side and Singletary to the other and there could be a lot of confusion. So maybe they're average blockers at best, but they have likely neutralized at least 1 guy who's covering them and possibly caused hesitation in others. 

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yea, it's a little shortsighted that a 2nd back's only value is blocking. The point is to neutralize a guy which could be accomplished in more ways than just blocking. You send Moss out to the flat on one side and Singletary to the other and there could be a lot of confusion. So maybe they're average blockers at best, but they have likely neutralized at least 1 guy who's covering them and possibly caused hesitation in others. 

I think I'd rather just have a Gabriel Davis on the field. How many teams have a 4th corner who can match up?

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It also makes us much more predictable

I would rather have an H back that is a threat to catch it AND can block

23 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

This is what I was getting at.  What a nightmare for defensive coordinators.

17 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I think I'd rather just have a Gabriel Davis on the field. How many teams have a 4th corner who can match up?

On 3rd and 1?

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Sure, either way you can have someone on the field who does more to neutralize a defender in some way than just a 'blocking back'

34 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

On 3rd and 1?

For whatever reason we as fans love dreaming about 2 HBs on the field at the same time, like when we had Lynch and Jackson or Jackson and Spiller, and these conversations take place and then nothing comes of it. I can't think of an offense anywhere in the league that has used it to any great effect in the last 15-20 years.

On 3rd & 1 Josh, Diggs and the one HB give you three different running options. Instead of a second HB I'd rather someone who makes us more dangerous on the ground with their blocking (Lee Smith, Kroft, Knox, a 6th OL) or who spreads the defense out (ie Beasley). A second halfback to some extent is wasting a man, seems to me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

On 3rd and 1?

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

For whatever reason we as fans love dreaming about 2 HBs on the field at the same time, like when we had Lynch and Jackson or Jackson and Spiller, and these conversations take place and then nothing comes of it. I can't think of an offense anywhere in the league that has used it to any great effect in the last 15-20 years.

On 3rd & 1 Josh, Diggs and the one HB give you three different running options. Instead of a second HB I'd rather someone who makes us more dangerous on the ground with their blocking (Lee Smith, Kroft, Knox, a 6th OL) or who spreads the defense out (ie Beasley). A second halfback to some extent is wasting a man, seems to me.

Exactly. If a two HB offense was good then you'd at least see a few teams trying it. It's really a relic from another era. And for the people talking about TEs/H-backs, keep in mind that the FB has better vision and better blocking angles than a TE or H-back, so they're generally more effective in the run game.

2 back sets in the NFL. Yuck. Throw the ball, get a completion.

For Smith, there's a trick to stay on-sides. Just clinch your fist differently for each snap count. You condition yourself with reinforced cues, and no one can tell. When you're exhausted and beat up bad, your IQ plummets. Pre-snap routine is important.