PPP Under Fire

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

No matter how hard some of us try, it seems no one cares that we turn to pastimes like sports and entertainment to ESCAPE politics and the increased amount of divisiveness it intentionally creates. 

We don't want or need to be lectured by LeBron James, Taylor Swift, Colin Kaepernick or Jim Gaffigan. We don't need to be educated by a Drew Brees helmet sticker. We just want to enjoy the effin' game or concert. My only hope is that the huge BLM push by MLB and NBA continues to destroy the fanbase so they'll all STFU and get back to doing what we asked them to do: perform for a few hours so as to distract us from the daily grind.

...Bingo....DEAD ON....lectured by those who are worth BILLIONS in our archaic, broken, racially charged society( COUGH)......find me a better definition of Hypocrisy 101.....then convince me BLM is not a fraudulent ruse.....their own leader said, "looting is a form of reparations"......can you better define "The Gimme Crowd"?.......they have seized the old adage of "cash and carry" to now be "ain't got no cash but I'm gonna carry"....as businesses whether white, black or other ethnicity owned are destroyed or as murders mount....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

“Parade of fools?”  Who might they be?  People who don’t share your worldview?  

and inciting anger?  With what, exactly?  A competing viewpoint?  Maybe the solution to your problems is to have an open mind. 

Sounds to me like I not only struck a nerve, but maybe even inspired a little self-awareness. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 hours ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

PPP  is the biggest right leaning circle jerk forum of any I read because that is exactly what its core right wing partisan group wants.

Ignoring whom you consider trolls is just another way to censor thoughts or opinions you don't agree with.  Shocking ...Not in the least. 

You want to guarantee it be even worse than it already is just appoint one of the ringleaders of this forum a moderator. You may as well rename it MAGA central.

Oh no, we don't agree with your stupidity, therefore we're just a "right leaning circle jerk"!

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Would you like some avocado toast, a soy latte, and a coloring book for your safe space?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

Plenty of other one-sided outlets out there. TSW doesn’t need it and it’s got a dark history as a seedy underbelly of an otherwise good site. 

And putting the biggest board bully and content bomber in charge of moderation is an absurd idea. 

What you don't understand is if PPP goes away, then all these conversations move to OTW. Then, when that gets overrun, they move to TSW. PPP is here to keep that stuff from infesting the main boards. Removing it is not a viable solution unless Scott intends to let TSW fall to the same fate. 

My take on all this is PPP and forums like it are a threat to all who would love to be able suppress free speech, liberty and viewpoints that differ from their own.  This is especially true now since we are approaching a presidential election that represents similar conflict.  It's war of ideas and ideals and the opposing sides will choose their weapons.  Mine is IGNORE.  It's highly effective, very stealth and the statistics prove it's worth.  The more users I put on ignore, the more it proves to me that those who choose to fight for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are winning.   Be like water.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What you don't understand is if PPP goes away, then all these conversations move to OTW. Then, when that gets overrun, they move to TSW. PPP is here to keep that stuff from infesting the main boards. Removing it is not a viable solution unless Scott intends to let TSW fall to the same fate. 

If anything if PPP goes away then anything political will simply be deleted on the other boards.  A three strikes and you are out policy may be implemented to help with the temptation of inserting politics on the other boards.  I frequent other boards that have a complete ban on politics.  First time offenders are given a two week vacation and if a poster messes up again then they are permanently banned. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It is a viable solution, if you then get rid of 'politics' entirely. As someone else above explained. Posters who can't respect that, get banned, permanently.

Somewhat related, one of the 'failures' of 'ignore' as a solution, is the simple fact that while someone's political viewpoint may be anathema, they may well have superior football knowledge, that you can learn from. Unless I'm very much mistaken, 'ignore' covers all forums.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

If anything if PPP goes away then anything political will simply be deleted on the other boards.  A three strikes and you are out policy may be implemented to help with the temptation of inserting politics on the other boards.  I frequent other boards that have a complete ban on politics.  First time offenders are given a two week vacation and if a poster messes up again then they are permanently banned. 

18 minutes ago, Buddo said:

It is a viable solution, if you then get rid of 'politics' entirely. As someone else above explained. Posters who can't respect that, get banned, permanently.

Somewhat related, one of the 'failures' of 'ignore' as a solution, is the simple fact that while someone's political viewpoint may be anathema, they may well have superior football knowledge, that you can learn from. Unless I'm very much mistaken, 'ignore' covers all forums.

It won't work in this environment. That's why PPP was created in the first place because it didn't work prior to its existence, and those weren't as divisive or hot tempered times as we're currently living in. No doubt you can try what you're both suggesting ( :beer: ), but it would decimate the community. Sure, you can play whack-a-mole with posters who break that rule all day long and issue bans or suspensions -- and the mods will be forced to. But it will keep happening, over and over. Not daily or weekly, but hourly. That will sap the mods energy very quickly, it will make the main board unreadable/unbearable. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Maybe bad threads should be subjected to a polling question to determine if the thread should be shut down.  I'm sure the lefties around here wont mind a little majority rules and a filtering of undesirable speech once in a while.  We'll do it by popular vote. 

That will only attract more trolls (voters).  Just sayin.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, KRC said:

I had the job before and was called a Nazi for not allowing that crap. Then, hypocritical mods would just undo everything I did and then turn around and do the exact same thing that they said I was wrong for doing.

Yes, I can see that happening again in the current mod environment.

btw....whatever happened to Simon?

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buftex said:

So, this may not be the place to ask this question, but what happened to DCTom? I genuinely miss his posts.

One day he just said he was leaving. He popped back in once. Other than that, he's basically our own personal Keyser Soze.

tumblr_n9cq7nO0hr1trxwu2o7_250.gifv

• Like (+1) 1