PPP Under Fire

Great post D.R.

When I came back and saw that the Looney thread had been closed, that was the first thing I thought, that PPP was actually being threatened by the way posting had deteriorated over the past few months.

I know that I can do better, I have fallen into the trap lately of trying to "correct" some posters and I know that that is a fool's errand.

I may "refer" to a poster that I know most people  block, but I will blank it out.

I know with a pivotal election coming up, I would miss the input and knowledge that many posters share here, especially those out of WNY,

I will try to stick to posting articles and tweet opinions, that most people do not try to access.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I like my idea of a group ignore list!  Not people that have different political opinions, but people who are doing nothing but spamming 

Are we reaching across the aisle and coming to a consensus group?

I'm currently one of those 0 people on ignore folks, but I'm willing to listen.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ignore is your friend. Learn it, use it, embrace it. Do not encourage the trolls or the sock puppets.  🙂

DO exchange thoughts and well thought out arguments and discussions with those on all political sides. 🙂

Have a nice day. 🙂

I’ve only put one person on ignore which is a moot point seeing he’s appeared to have vanished. But I think I’m adding to it. @Deranged Rhino is going on my list.  I can’t have anyone making sense in my feed.  Be gone with you!

• Haha (+1) 7

16 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Are we reaching across the aisle and coming to a consensus group?

I'm currently one of those 0 people on ignore folks, but I'm willing to listen.

I’m the same.  And I can only think of two people that should be on it, though I think the list could be 3-4 people long.  

I have 100+ on my list. Many from the football forum...I just can't stand questions like "If you could pick one player from the 90's Bills to play on this team, which would it be?" When that other Bills forum went down, there was an influx of people that I didn't feel I needed to read posts from.

It's all about tailoring the board to suit your needs. I see nothing wrong with keeping your feed tight.

Edited by Prickly Pete
  • Like (+1) 2

PPP  is the biggest right leaning circle jerk forum of any I read because that is exactly what its core right wing partisan group wants.

Ignoring whom you consider trolls is just another way to censor thoughts or opinions you don't agree with.  Shocking ...Not in the least. 

You want to guarantee it be even worse than it already is just appoint one of the ringleaders of this forum a moderator. You may as well rename it MAGA central.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

PPP  is the biggest right leaning circle jerk forum of any I read because that is exactly what its core right wing partisan group wants.

Ignoring whom you consider trolls is just another way to censor thoughts or opinions you don't agree with.  Shocking ...Not in the least. 

You want to guarantee it be even worse than it already is just appoint one of the ringleaders of this forum a moderator. You may as well rename it MAGA central.

I don't place anyone on ignore.  But I can sympathize with those that do.  There are a few left leaning posters like Kemp that actually post meaningful responses.  Others who will go nameless do nothing more than repeat tired memes and or juvenile responses equal to the "I know you are but what am I" type responses. 

6 minutes ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

We have a winner.  It’s one thing to say that a better sense of decorum is required.  It’s another to say that different viewpoints should be stifled.  Civility is to be pursued and applauded.  But censorship is not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

When I came back and saw that the Looney thread had been closed,

What’d I miss?

I've been in the road for two days.

EDIT: I see that thread now.

No comment necessary.  

...and a few months ago I started making a concerted effort to refrain from engaging with provocative posts and individuals. It isn’t easy. I guess it is good training for other aspects of life. 

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1