PPP Under Fire

11 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

If the main posters all agree to ignore a certain group, that could be a solution.  But interesting thread coming from one of the few people that got themselves suspended for harassing people on ppp....meaning we can all do better

Then block him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

If the main posters all agree to ignore a certain group, that could be a solution.  But interesting thread coming from one of the few people that got themselves suspended for harassing people on ppp....meaning we can all do better

...in a perfect world, I understand what you are saying....HOWEVER, there will always be a component who has NO intention of EVER doing so.....

Just now, Reality Check said:

LMAO TWICE!!...that's him.................

• Like (+1) 1

@Deranged Rhino, great points accross the board. I have only been coming here to PPP since March when all the Covid crap started. I have always heard it was a place loaded with villians and scumary the worse the Galaxy hs ever seen. Partly true btw. That said since I visited and have gotten to know the mindsets of many of the posters here I now know who to ignore. Who to put on ignore Also who I can intelligently debate or agree with. Appreciate what it is and what this place in the forum is for.

Finally, here is what I have determined in my heart to do. I will ignore those consistant threads by the same posters day after day. I will put a few more on ignore. I will continue to debate and agree with those whom are responsible enough to keep it real!. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good post by the OP.  TSW has been too political lately and unpleasant as a result.  The politics was tolerated much more than I thought it would in that forum.

I read here more than I post.  I would like to see a good debate of the facts and opinions but it often is side tracked by a few posters who come here to create issues, not debate.  I feel this needs to be lightly moderated a clear set of rules on what will not be tolerated. 

Lastly I use the ignore feature once a poster proves they are not about debating ideas but being a nuisance. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

The way you guys treat a vet like @Tiberius is disgusting

I find some of what he (and you) say and share to be disgusting and baseless.  That’s the unfortunate encounter one can expect to find on a message board.  But I thank and greatly respect Tiberius for his service.  With that said, I see a lot of humility in this thread. My hope is you’ll join in sharing that sorely-missed quality among political conversationalists.  

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Looking at the entire body of DR's work he did little more than squish a bug that really didn't belong inside the house. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Good post by the OP.  TSW has been too political lately and unpleasant as a result.  The politics was tolerated much more than I thought it would in that forum.

It was a decision by The Boss Man end of May/early June with many football players weighing in on the protests/Brees comments

It may or may not persist

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

Nice post DR.

I will admit that I was sad to see Gary's latest nonsense thread get closed by a mod.

I was just ready to lighten the mood in there with a really long joke...

so wha.... 30 days wasn't enough?

😄

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....ban them and they come back with a new screen name.....can't trace via ISP's......IP addresses are dynamic or randomly assigned at login.....static or unchanged IP addresses are a necessity used for businesses....reporting the IP address only gets you to the ISP (ie. roadrunner)......I'm told the ONLY time they'll go further is a criminal investigation....

not accurate.

I appreciate the OP's efforts here. There has certainly been an influx of posters here who seem committed to flooding the board with nonsense. This become especially tiresome and frustrating because there are a number of people here who genuinely bring knowledge and information to the table, but the nonsense folks seek to do two things (1) disrupt that conversation with ridiculous memes, etc, or (2) interject an alternate opinion for which they are simply unwilling or intellectually unable to support.

Few things are as irritating as someone who makes a ridiculous claim to blow up a thread, only to respond with "It's not up to me to prove my point. It's up to you to prove me wrong." This is usually followed by countless people busting that poster's balls. And voila...thread sidetracked.

This kind of childish posting is embarrassing and frustrating, so I turn to ignore and have found it to be great way to filter the nonsense.

Other than that, I'll do my best to keep from mocking those posters. No promises. But I'll try.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well said OP. I used to enjoy some polite and humor filled jabbing but it’s become nothing short of a sewer lately. Sad.

I’ve never understood why these bomb throwers would spend so darn much time on here. They accomplish nothing. They’re neither funny or productive. If anything they’re solidifying their opposition. There have to be pro Biden comments worth making....no? 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1