Miami Confirms that Rosen might be traded Update: signed w/ Tampa Bay

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-brian-flores-friday-20200904-mz2i3rhk7jc6rj7gxhpxt42gra-story.html?outputType=amp Honestly I think this guys career is over. This is 2 teams now that’s given up on him. I wanted him to succeed but i think it’s over for him. Word is he’s having a horrible camp and that Tua is beating him in competition for the number 2 role 

So..........if I got it right, Rosen is owed almost $5 M guaranteed salary - $2.1M this year, $2.9M next year

That's in addition to the roster bonus 'Zona is still nomming down

If he's having a horrible camp, just who do the Dolphins think are gonna pony up and trade to take on that $5M guaranteed?

41 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If you were the Miami FO and wanted to maximize the value of your soon to be castoff, would you let word out he was having a poor camp or a good camp?  Might get you an extra sack of footballs for him.  😁

No one is going to trade a thing, even a used sack of footballs, for a guy with $5M guaranteed unless they're convinced he's got value

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I don't get the narrative out there that he wasn't given a fair opportunity to succeed.

He was put onto two teams that had very little QB competition and couldn't hold the job with either team. 

Last year, Miami got instantly better with Fitz as QB and became respectable.  He was really bad with them.

He stinks, why is that so hard for people to say?

Because far better players had far worse rookie seasons that he did. Both the Cardinals and the Fins were/are dumspter fires. The fact that the team got better under Fitzpatrick should not be evidence against Rosen. Everyone should expect that. Fitz is a veteran and a very good football player who is one of a kind in his ability to be fantastic over just a long enough period of time to convince a team that he might be the answer to their question.

In all my years of watching football, I don't think I've seen a high draft pick QB put in a worse situation than Rosen. That doesn't mean he even deserves to be a backup in this league, but it is what it is. Who dumps their 10th overall pick after 1 season?

Edited by BullBuchanan

38 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Not a Rosen fan but he's gotten a raw deal.  Two terrible teams with two terrible O-lines. 

Maybe hot tub boy got what he deserved ;)

Karma has a funny way of biting you in the ass ;)

Funny that two different teams felt that drafting another first round QB was a better answer than putting time into him.

5 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Anyone still wish Bills had taken the other Josh?

Not anymore.  But I admit the mistake. 

I viewed him as the smartest qb in the room, which is what I want.  I saw him as a petulant Arron Rodgers type.  But since his family is rich, (just like Johnny Manziel), maybe there's a lesson there.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Obligatory post about belicheat signing right josh on the cheap and turning him into the next Brady, submit reply 

I guess nothing is impossible but starting out as 4th on their depth chart could land him on the practice squad. 

3 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Cards gave up the 10th overall for him. Phins a 4th rounder.  

Both teams drafted a qb first round the year after acquiring him.  

Funny how both teams had the beers goggles on for him! 

4th rounder? Thought fish traded a 2nd and a 5th

• Like (+1) 1