Bills vs Jets what’s the game plan

Antonio

I would like to read yours. 

On Defense:

Hughes/Addison vs Becton (Rookie LT) 

The experience of both DEs will give Becton nightmares. Keep them both fresh rotating them one after the other in that RDE spot so they can push the rookie to the limit. I don’t care who is in the other side, they can figure it out. 

Stopping the Run 

I don’t think the jets will be able to pass against our D so their game plan will be run and pass to the RBs early. And maybe another 18 short targets to the slot so they can move the ball. 

So our focus has to be to stop Bell at all cost and challenge Darnol to beat us against our strength. 

Jets WR room unimpressive but might be unpredictable, could be a surprise, but won’t be against out secondary. 

On Offense:

Open up the playbook and let it fly early against a weak secondary. 

Pound the rock thru the middle as No Mosley and no Adams will affect their run support. If the running back can pass the LOS we are in for a couple of long runs by either of our running backs. 

Crear spaces in the middle of their D :

1. Spread the offense, use a lot of 4 WR sets or 3WR/1TE but keep a back next to Allen. 
  2. Use swing passes to RB, bubbles to WR, etc... 

That will open up the middle of a weak Jets D. 

Score prediction:

Bills 27 - 10 

It will feel like the Bills could put up 40 but McD likes to sit back with the lead and we will at the middle of the 3rd Q. I don’t like it , hopefully we keep scoring and keep our stack WR room and overall playmakers happy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I do not believe the Bills will have any trouble stopping the Jets offense.

The only way the Bills lose this game, in my opinion, is if the Jets defense is able to confuse and frustrate Josh Allen. Even though the Jets don't have great defensive personnel, a complex blitz package drawn up by Gregg Williams has the potential to cause Allen to have a very bad day. Until Allen proves that he can recognize and defeat heavy blitz packages, teams are going to keep throwing them at him. 

With all that being said:

On defense: Sam Darnold had one of the worst passer ratings in the league last year when pressured. Furthermore, the Jets offensive line hasn't been together long, so testing their communication with line stunts and various blitzes should prove fruitful. The Bills, then, should have a package of blitzes involving Tremaine Edmunds, Matt Milano, and Siran Neal. I won't pretend to know what the best coverage schemes would be against the Jets, or whether the Bills should play more man, cover 2, cover 3, etc. I trust McDermott and Frazier already know the answer to that question. In both of the Bills games against the Jets last year, our defense handled their offense fairly easily. I don't see that changing.

On offense: The one consistently negative thing about Gregg Williams defenses is that they are prone to mistakes. Daboll should dial up some misdirection, motions, and creative pass sets to get the Jets defensive players over-thinking. No-huddle, hurry-up offense out of 11 personnel should be the order of the day. Don't let the Jets defense get into its complicated blitz packages. Keep them in basic defense by running no-huddle. Let's see if they are able to successfully cover the trio of Diggs, Beasley, and Brown, and let's see if Allen can consistently find the best matchup and deliver accurate passes.

Again I say, the only way I see the Jets winning this one is if Allen totally melts down. If he doesn't, it should be a sure Bills victory.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Get the run going early with short stuff. Neutralize their blitzes with playaction. Few deep balls early in the game. Offense will put up 21 easy.

Get Josh on point with short to intermediate passes first.

For D we should be throwing in corner blitzes or LB blitzes to burst thro their weak O line

Betcon is a stud and big guy in training camp so may hold his own.

They have no deep threat, crowder who's short speed is fast (acceleration) put corner press with safeties in the box. Control Bell and they score zero 

Edited by Brian3488

Week 1’s are always tough, ever more so this year with no preseason. 
I don’t expect to see our defense of last season right away, we clown the Jets a lot and rightfully so and if this were a week 5 matchup I’d feel much more confident. I think it’ll be a close game. Mcd and Frazier are gonna be experimenting with what rotations work best which may lead to some decent Jet drives. And I expect our offense to play well but also sputter some too. I hope not,  nothing would make me happier than to see Allen light things up along with a strong run game. I just expect to see some early season miscommunications and it’s generally harder to get in rhythm super fast. 

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Do the Bills put Daboll in the booth or on the sidelines?  🤔

Depends on the weather forecast.  If it’s a sunny day, put him on the sidelines.  The blinding glare of the sun off of his head will be the final nail in the Jets’ coffin.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Do the Bills put Daboll in the booth or on the sidelines?  🤔

In the booth this year.  Josh get's the training wheels taken off and the Bills open up the offense.

I would love to see the Bills in a 4 WR set a few times during the first series getting the ball to Beasley and Davis!

No prisoners.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

In the booth this year.  Josh get's the training wheels taken off and the Bills open up the offense.

I would love to see the Bills in a 4 WR set a few times during the first series getting the ball to Beasley and Davis!

No prisoners.

The whole booth vs sidelines has an easy solution, the league should just adopt it.  OC gets one of those ipad things the players use but his is the feed from a camera up in the booth that shows him exactly what he would see if he were up there.  No replay, just a replica of what you see from sitting in your chair up high.

Especially in a year where training camps and preseasons were shortened/eliminated, there's a lot of in-game coaching these guys could do if they were able to be on the sidelines.  the technology is there to give them the best of both worlds.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Antonio said:

I would like to read yours. 

On Defense:

Hughes/Addison vs Becton (Rookie LT) 

The experience of both DEs will give Becton nightmares. Keep them both fresh rotating them one after the other in that RDE spot so they can push the rookie to the limit. I don’t care who is in the other side, they can figure it out. 

Stopping the Run 

I don’t think the jets will be able to pass against our D so their game plan will be run and pass to the RBs early. And maybe another 18 short targets to the slot so they can move the ball. 

So our focus has to be to stop Bell at all cost and challenge Darnol to beat us against our strength. 

Jets WR room unimpressive but might be unpredictable, could be a surprise, but won’t be against out secondary. 

On Offense:

Open up the playbook and let it fly early against a weak secondary. 

Pound the rock thru the middle as No Mosley and no Adams will affect their run support. If the running back can pass the LOS we are in for a couple of long runs by either of our running backs. 

Crear spaces in the middle of their D :

1. Spread the offense, use a lot of 4 WR sets or 3WR/1TE but keep a back next to Allen. 
  2. Use swing passes to RB, bubbles to WR, etc... 

That will open up the middle of a weak Jets D. 

Score prediction:

Bills 27 - 10 

It will feel like the Bills could put up 40 but McD likes to sit back with the lead and we will at the middle of the 3rd Q. I don’t like it , hopefully we keep scoring and keep our stack WR room and overall playmakers happy. 

Nice try, Gase.

• Haha (+1) 3

The Jets defense is actually pretty good. I doubt we will score 40 points. I expect a 24-17 Bills score with a defensive touchdown or two.

Strategy: Normally, we excel with a disciplined team based zone coverage scheme on defense and an offensive scheme based on separation, which will work against most teams.

But against the Jets, we have the more skilled players - our WRs are better than their CBs and our CBs, if healthy, are better than their WRs. So I might try to give Diggs & co and White & co some contested one-on-one opportunities by clearing their part of the field. Also Greggo's defense will blitz a lot - that should lead to more Alllen scrambles as well as more one-on-opportunities. 

Okay now this is the first time I've gotten butterflies.  With everything going on, I haven't been excited about this season.  It's not just football....everything in my life that I usually have big time interest in has just been luke warm.  Haven't watched my favorite shows, any MLB games, new movies etc.....this pandemic has mentally **** on me.

But now reading about a game plan week 1....now I'm feeling it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1