Clemson heavily favored by media panel to win ACC football championship; Notre Dame picked second

Mike in Horseheads

20 hours ago, njbuff said:

I am an FSU fan and I can't believe how far they have fallen.

All the recruits they used to get are now going to Clemson and Alabama.

Sad times at Florida State.

I watched the whole FSU game Saturday, just can't believe how far that program has fallen.  Blackmon is absolutely horrible.  The ACC really needs FSU/Miami/V Tech?  to return to their former selves.  Clemson is a one man show & from the little I seen from ND, they won't be challenged by them either this year although I do believe that game is in South Bend so that may help.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Gordio said:

I watched the whole FSU game Saturday, just can't believe how far that program has fallen.  Blackmon is absolutely horrible.  The ACC really needs FSU/Miami/V Tech?  to return to their former selves.  Clemson is a one man show & from the little I seen from ND, they won't be challenged by them either this year although I do believe that game is in South Bend so that may help.

Theres always Syracuse LOL

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 9:16 AM, Gordio said:

I used to love the Miami/FSU rivalry back in the day. Being a Canes fan, as of the last 10 or 15 years it seems either one team sucks, or they both suck, so it's not much of a rivalry anymore.....I will say Lashlee is making the Hurricanes offense fun to watch again. 

9 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I used to love the Miami/FSU rivalry back in the day. Being a Canes fan, as of the last 10 or 15 years it seems either one team sucks, or they both suck, so it's not much of a rivalry anymore.....I will say Lashlee is making the Hurricanes offense fun to watch again. 

I was telling my son before last Saturday's game that there was no better rivalry as FSU/Miami growing up as a kid.  Sad how these teams can't seem to get it together.  You would think they would with all the talent down there.  

On 10/2/2020 at 8:09 AM, Gordio said:

I was telling my son before last Saturday's game that there was no better rivalry as FSU/Miami growing up as a kid.  Sad how these teams can't seem to get it together.  You would think they would with all the talent down there.  

As a Canes fan, I have a feeling (and hope) that things are turning around.  UM has a huge game against Clemson coming up. It would be great to beat them, but I really hope that we can at least make a game of it (Clemson is that good).  Playing Clemson well at Clemson would certainly move the program in the right direction.  Winning would be even better.

P.S. D'Eriq King has been fantastic.  If he plays well, we at least have a shot.

P.P.S. Fun fact, the Gators' QB Trask backed up King in high school. They both seem like great guys (as well as very good QBs).

On 10/5/2020 at 1:34 AM, Peter said:

As a Canes fan, I have a feeling (and hope) that things are turning around.  UM has a huge game against Clemson coming up. It would be great to beat them, but I really hope that we can at least make a game of it (Clemson is that good).  Playing Clemson well at Clemson would certainly move the program in the right direction.  Winning would be even better.

P.S. D'Eriq King has been fantastic.  If he plays well, we at least have a shot.

P.P.S. Fun fact, the Gators' QB Trask backed up King in high school. They both seem like great guys (as well as very good QBs).

I loved King at Houston and when he opted out last season(I think it was the 3rd game) I knew no matter what Holgerson was saying he was going somewhere else.  I hope Miami beats them Saturday, sick of Dabo, I think they got a chance.

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

I loved King at Houston and when he opted out last season(I think it was the 3rd game) I knew no matter what Holgerson was saying he was going somewhere else.  I hope Miami beats them Saturday, sick of Dabo, I think they got a chance.

Me too.

On 10/5/2020 at 1:34 AM, Peter said:

Hoping for a good game! Miami has really looked good so far! 

On 10/2/2020 at 8:09 AM, Gordio said:

I also used to love FSU, Miami, and FL Gators as well!  

They all used to put a huge emphasis on defensive speed, sometimes to the point of having 245lb. defensive ends and what not, but they would fly around and were exciting to watch.

There are only so many elite players in the country.  They can't all go to all the traditionally good programs at the same time.

This thing Alabama has going is unbelievable.  They are getting everyone these days. 

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I also used to love FSU, Miami, and FL Gators as well!  

They all used to put a huge emphasis on defensive speed, sometimes to the point of having 245lb. defensive ends and what not, but they would fly around and were exciting to watch.

There are only so many elite players in the country.  They can't all go to all the traditionally good programs at the same time.

This thing Alabama has going is unbelievable.  They are getting everyone these days. 

That was great when Florida & Miami used to play each other.  I get it with Florida's conference schedule it is tough to schedule tough OOC schedule but it was fun to watch.  I always say College Football just seems a lot better when the BIG 3 from Florida are good kind of the same way when UCLA & USC are good in the same year(which rarely happens)

Edited by Gordio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.