Clemson heavily favored by media panel to win ACC football championship; Notre Dame picked second

Mike in Horseheads

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29808714/clemson-heavy-favorite-win-acc-football-championship-media-panel-notre-dame-picked-second

Clemson is the overwhelming preseason choice to win the ACC, with Notre Dame picked to finish second, the league announced Friday.

The Tigers received 132 of the media panel's 134 first-place votes. Notre Dame received the other two. So if the preseason poll bears out, Clemson and Notre Dame would play in the ACC championship game at the end of the season. The ACC did away with divisions for this year only, so the top two teams with the highest conference win percentages will meet in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Dec. 12 or Dec. 19.

Cuse 14th.

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Clemson is a great, well coached team but their schedule is a yearly disgrace.

Well, in their defense it is not their fault the ACC is usually a one horse race.  FSU & Miami are not what they used to be.  Clemson also plays South Carolina at the end of the year, but yes they could get into one of those neutral site opening week games & play Oregon/Wisconsin or someone similar.  I am sure Jerry World or Georgia Dome would love to have Dabo & the boys roll into town opening weekend.  

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Well, in their defense it is not their fault the ACC is usually a one horse race.  FSU & Miami are not what they used to be.  Clemson also plays South Carolina at the end of the year, but yes they could get into one of those neutral site opening week games & play Oregon/Wisconsin or someone similar.  I am sure Jerry World or Georgia Dome would love to have Dabo & the boys roll into town opening weekend.  

You got your wish.

Next year in Charlotte, Clemson plays Georgia.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Nice, not sure how either one of those teams will be next year with Lawrence leaving but it should be a good one.

Yeah, this would be a more exciting game this year, but it's great to see two very good programs willing to face each other.

It's great for college football.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been thinking about betting some college games. Here's my plan: I bet a parlay of lopsided favorites. You win pennies betting on a Alabama or Clemson to win individually. But if I parlay 6 or 7 such games, I can bet $1 and win $2. What can go wrong other than a massive upset?

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

And Florida State continues to be a joke.

James Blackmon might be the worst QB I have ever seen. 

And FSU is the same school that produced EJ Manuel. 😁

I have watched a lot of terrible football because I have some sort of emotional disease that requires it ...but Florida State-Georgia Tech was really up there

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have watched a lot of terrible football because I have some sort of emotional disease that requires it ...but Florida State-Georgia Tech was really up there

I am an FSU fan and I can't believe how far they have fallen.

All the recruits they used to get are now going to Clemson and Alabama.

Sad times at Florida State.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.