Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

Just now, eball said:

Ok so now their plan comes to light. They weren’t going to expose Hodgins to a waiver claim and worked out a deal with Roberts to return. Well done all around. Hodgins also doesn’t necessarily miss the season given the new IR rules. 

It's what was being said yesterday. They were being smart about who did and didn't have to go through waivers. At least this way although they were reliant on Roberts and Marlowe sticking to an agreed deal, it's far less risky than via waivers where the player and Bills lose control 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A “wink-wink” shoulder injury. Good job Bills. 

What a great culture the Bills have now. Cut two vets who are free to go wherever they want but there is mutual trust to wait a day for the benefit of the team and both come back. 

1 minute ago, eball said:

A “wink-wink” shoulder injury. Good job Bills. 

What a great culture the Bills have now. Cut two vets who are free to go wherever they want but there is mutual trust to wait a day for the benefit of the team and both come back. 

Nothing says great culture like "wink-wink" rule manipulation!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

2 question regarding Hodgins.

1. We can use him this year right? After 3 games or 6 games? 

2. He has to be in fact injured to be on IR right? Does the league somehow control this so teams don't abuse this? 

1. Yes, 3 games 

2. Yes an injury that would hinder practice and/or play  but does not need to be a serious injury that would be season ending 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

So when does the next part of the machiavellian scheme take place?

It still could happen, the first injury where they need to make a roster move and Jake is gone.  I'll rule it out on New Year Day.

36 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

2 question regarding Hodgins.

1. We can use him this year right? After 3 games or 6 games? 

2. He has to be in fact injured to be on IR right? Does the league somehow control this so teams don't abuse this? 

the Bills made him practice the last two days without shoulder pads to make sure he'd qualify.

So from what I can figure there were just 4 guys the Bills didn't try to sign to PS:

R Foster

B Allen

T Smart

M Harrell

Haven't seen where any of those 4 were picked up by another team??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Looks like some posters will have to abandon the Bills as "cap champions" and give that title to the PATS*!

I'm assuming the latest cap numbers include Tre White's massive new contract.   Big contracts is the inevitable consequence of having great players and wanting to keep them.

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Hodgins must have the same thing Joseph got last year...

Bruised pinkie.

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It still could happen, the first injury where they need to make a roster move and Jake is gone.  I'll rule it out on New Year Day.

the Bills made him practice the last two days without shoulder pads to make sure he'd qualify.

So from what I can figure there were just 4 guys the Bills didn't try to sign to PS:

R Foster

B Allen

T Smart

M Harrell

Haven't seen where any of those 4 were picked up by another team??

Foster Packers and we claimed their Touchdown Jesus. It was like a trade of WR6 lol