Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I keep hearing they're 'short at CB.' Is five corners not fairly common around the league?

Common but in a league where a dime package is 4 common, 1 guy goes down and you have no backups....I don’t want McKenzie playing corner again! 

Edited by Locomark

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

But do you see my point? He has been in the league for a while, doing exactly what he did last year, and he never had a problem with penalties. 

Sort of. What he is asked to do would change year to year, right? And Dabol may not put him in the same number of difficult situations this year or he might get a different number, that's to be determined. Whatever they want to do this year seems like he'll be involved. 

16 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I keep hearing they're 'short at CB.' Is five corners not fairly common around the league?

They’re particularly short at safety with Neal listed as a corner.

I’m shocked that they’ve kept 27 offense and 23 defense, but my guess is that Mongo goes to IR and they re-sign Marlowe as soon as they can. No reason to keep 10 OL when they can promote 2 from the PS on game day, and this way they can avoid Mongo ending up on season-ending IR.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Sort of. What he is asked to do would change year to year, right? And Dabol may not put him in the same number of difficult situations this year or he might get a different number, that's to be determined. Whatever they want to do this year seems like he'll be involved. 

Sure, things can change. But he has ALWAYs been the TE that blocks DEs 1 on 1. Maybe he is getting old, that is possible. 

35 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I’m shocked that they’ve kept 27 offense and 23 defense, but my guess is that Mongo goes to IR and they re-sign Marlowe as soon as they can. No reason to keep 10 OL when they can promote 2 from the PS on game day, and this way they can avoid Mongo ending up on season-ending IR.

Yeah, its been reported Marlowe and 'Dre Roberts will both be back today so while I was anticipating 6 corners, 5 seems fine if that's what they choose. They'll have multiple DBs they like on the practice squad they can use freely with the new rule if need be.

49 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yep, and they will IR someone else as well to bring back Roberts.  Dane Jackson will be on the PS if he wasn’t claimed.

54 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Last season they had Neal listed as a safety, but he played nickel CB quite a bit. I wonder if it really makes much of a difference how they have him listed? Obviously, they were happy with his backup abilities at nickel and safety, and of course he was one of our best STers.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Its gonna be a year like no other. 

Correction: This IS a year like no other. It’s going to defy knowledge & history. We can only go with the flow and hope for the best.

31 minutes ago, eball said:

Yep, and they will IR someone else as well to bring back Roberts.  Dane Jackson will be on the PS if he wasn’t claimed.

I hadn’t seen that they planned to bring back Roberts; this pleases me.

Perhaps Hodgins or Fromm go to IR with a bruised ego.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I hadn’t seen that they planned to bring back Roberts; this pleases me.

Perhaps Hodgins or Fromm go to IR with a bruised ego.

I read a list of four or five guys who missed the last practice who could be IR candidates.  The new IR rules for this season give them a ton of flexibility.  I don’t think Hodgins is going anywhere.

4 hours ago, Magox said:

I hope so.  Sweeney is a good enough receiver to be in this league but if he wants to have a successful meaningful career in the NFL, I think he needs to become more proficient with his blocking.

I get that, but he did have a disproportionate amount of penalties and from my recollection some of those penalties were devastating drive stoppers.   I'm pretty sure he won't have a repeat of that again this year.  If you remember, they weren't just holding penalties, they were also for pre snap penalties as well.   Something that you wouldn't have expected from a vet like Lee.

I remember in his first stint here Lee getting a personal foul while standing on the sidelines, IIRC in his street clothes.