Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Lol it is a tough crowd. I just don’t see the value other fans do keeping Roberts. 

His longest punt return last year was 22 yards. Avg under 8 yards a return. No TDs. Was like 6th in the AFC and 9th overall. Takes up a spot of the 46 you can dress. 

Some fans just see tremendous value. I don’t. Then they say I’m crazy... he actually gets cut and I still get the brunt. Some fans just feel like he has to be back there returning punts and kickoffs.

Im jonsing myself for ANY special team touchdowns homey I hear what you're saying......

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

EhLj6vzXcAQC5Z-?format=png&name=large

I was too lazy to read all the pages to see what if this was posted 

So at least 8 maybe more of these guys are gone and 16 or less return to the PS.

How much poaching or dumpster diving will be done this week?

This team doesn't need to do that very much now

Just now, Muppy said:

Im jonsing myself for ANY special team touchdowns homey I hear what you're saying......

The NFL has taken the return game away.... teams can only dress 46. I just don’t see the value. A 25 year old Devin Hester averaging 15 yards a return with 3-4 TDs a year. Absolutely.

4 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Lol it is a tough crowd. I just don’t see the value other fans do keeping Roberts. 

His longest punt return last year was 22 yards. Avg under 8 yards a return. No TDs. Was like 6th in the AFC and 9th overall. Takes up a spot of the 46 you can dress. 

Some fans just see tremendous value. I don’t. Then they say I’m crazy... he actually gets cut and I still get the brunt. Some fans just feel like he has to be back there returning punts and kickoffs.

The alternative is another player active who likely doesn't see the field except on special teams anyway, so I don't think it is a big deal having a kick and punt returner who can also play WR taking up a roster spot.

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

The NFL has taken the return game away.... teams can only dress 46. I just don’t see the value. A 25 year old Devin Hester averaging 15 yards a return with 3-4 TDs a year. Absolutely.

And who do you dress instead that will make a greater impact?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Well if you would have seen the amount of kick back from me saying he could be cut and don’t be surprised.... yes, I needed to respond.

I tip my hat to your astute prediction. Please accept this as a token of my admiration

peter_flies2_adj_680h.jpg

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

He doesn’t turn the ball over, which, if you have followed the Bills over the years is a big plus. ST blocking was below average least year too, should be better this year, and McDermott has said numerous times that Roberts was very close to breaking a few last year

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

The alternative is another player active who likely doesn't see the field except on special teams anyway, so I don't think it is a big deal having a kick and punt returner who can also play WR taking up a roster spot.

And who do you dress instead that will make a greater impact?

We all know that depends on who they are playing and game plan. Maybe 5 DEs, an Extra DT, CB.... that’s hard to say. 

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Let it go. You’re beginning to make me feel something else is necessary and that I need to..

Me responded to someone who is telling how I should respond? Now you’re doing the same. Why did you feel it was necessary to post that response. But telling me to let it go. Got it. I guess I should be done now. 

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Let it go. You’re beginning to make me feel something else is necessary and that I need to..

anyway, is Bojo our punter? Again?

It’s not that he simply wanted the last word with you, I think he actually needed it 😂

• Haha (+1) 4

57 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

He doesn’t turn the ball over, which, if you have followed the Bills over the years is a big plus. ST blocking was below average least year too, should be better this year, and McDermott has said numerous times that Roberts was very close to breaking a few last year

Bingo.  Ball Security. It was a continuing problem before he got here. All of a sudden, there were precious few terrible mistakes on returns, especially punts.  He covers the basics better than any returner we’ve had in years. 

To me, it’s Insurance 101 or 102; Risk Avoidance. Probability of negative occurrence vs. degree of negative impact of said occurrence..

In other words, he was never here to be a flashy TD maniac; his professionalism helps ensure that we don’t get ****ed with a ‘mishap’ from the return team every game or two...

Roberts is,, and hopefully will continue to be, another example of just how much “The McBeanes” are covering every godblessed base. Their whole game is a study in risk management.

Edited by Rhode Island Red
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Dude, I just finally had the Peter Pan view out of my head.  Thanks for that awful vision.

Yeah,  but at least it was in plain sight and we didn’t click on some bogus link to see it.