Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The answer is while everyone on this board is 110% into Allen, Beane needed insurance in case Allen has hit his ceiling already.

We'll have to wait and see what Allen does in 2020.

But if no appreciable improvement, then Fromm can challenge for the starting spot in 2021.

Thats why Beane drafted Fromm. To give him an out incase Allen does not progress.

From camp reports he has a lot of work to do just to be a good backup.  Slow down on challenging to be a starter.  If Allen isn’t the answer you can bet another, more physically gifted QB, will be brought in.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, purple haze said:

From camp reports he has a lot of work to do just to be a good backup.  Slow down on challenging to be a starter.  If Allen isn’t the answer you can bet another, more physically gifted QB, will be brought in.

Truth.. Worst case scenario. As deep as they’ve built the roster they can afford to include players and multiple picks to move up in a draft for a top tier quarterback prospect. Fromm at best case scenario is a backup in this league. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I tend to think five CBs is common enough that it does not make sense to automatically label any team that rolls with 5 as thin at the position.

I did no such thing.  I answered a question.  If there is one position on a McDermott team not to get excited about it's DBs.

12 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

How do you figure? Where is the sixth CB coming from?

Marlow also has played the slot corner position.  Lewis and Jackson will be on the practice squad.  This is the same numbers they  started last year with I believe.  This does not strike me as a problem. 

46 minutes ago, FLFan said:

No.  Just where you are wrong, at least in this case.  

Feliciano hits IR and I’m guessing the bills trade an olineman to clear the 2nd spot??

if Fromm or hodgins would have been cut they would have been claimed. I don’t think k Fromm will be cut. Barclays contract is up after this year and best case scenario, Fromm progresses this year and next offseason and takes over backup QBs.

feliciano and Jones will be ir’d (and eligible to come back week 4) with Roberts and Marlowe resigned. I think they may trade an OL too to open up another spot, which I would expect to be a waiver claim.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The answer is while everyone on this board is 110% into Allen, Beane needed insurance in case Allen has hit his ceiling already.

We'll have to wait and see what Allen does in 2020.

But if no appreciable improvement, then Fromm can challenge for the starting spot in 2021.

Thats why Beane drafted Fromm. To give him an out incase Allen does not progress.

Yeah, I'm sure Beane, and McD have no idea if Allen has "hit his ceiling." It's all just a big mystery, really. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Disagree, Lee Smith is a complete liability every time he touches the field.

And Jones is a classic no impact journeyman running back who of course plays Special Teams.

Better hope we don’t need a cornerback.

Agree with Smith.  I like Jones.

Quote from 3 weeks ago....

Been saying it for months now..... Roberts could be a surprise cut.  But everyone thinks hes still the Roberts of 2016.

His longest punt return last year was 22 yards.  8 yard avg. What 32 years old?

Do you keep him and put Hodgins on the PS to possibly be scooped up? Then have to drop Roberts to place Hodgins on the 53, or who do you drop? Can McKenzie return punts?  McKenzie is solid on the fly sweeps and made some big plays periodically last year on the field.....

I still say:

Diggs

Brown

Beasley

Davis

McKenzie

Hodgins

But but Roberts is respected in the ST room.  8 yard avg last year, was 14 the year before.... IMO NFL teams are not scared of Roberts in 2020.

I think they are looking and building returners for a possible replacement.  90% of the time its a fair catch anyway.....

PRETTY SURE I NAILED THAT!

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Except he'll be signed back.

What makes you say that?