Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Surprised by Dean Marlowe and Andre Roberts. Does that make McKenzie our returner?

Believe Sal sourced they'd both be signed back tomorrow - wait and see, but doubt we see anyone but Roberts fielding kicks. 

As for Marlowe, they are very high on Johnson and his growth with added ST utility. Likely see Marlowe back for veteran understanding and depth behind Hyde/Poyer.

• Like (+1) 1

The receiver room is interesting.  Three starters and two rookies.

McKenzie isn't a very good receiver, nor is Roberts. 

Two rookies.   Says something about what Davis showed.  And Hodgins, too I suppose.  It looks like they didn't think Hodgins would be around for the PS.

• Like (+1) 3

I haven't really been paying close attention to camp but kind of surprised TJ Yeldon is still on this team.

Also kind of surprised Jake Fromm made the team.

Maybe it's obvious from the above that I didn't pay any attention to camp.

Go Biils!  Let's roll!

Edited by dubs

2 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

So another one of these names, in addition to Feliciano, needs to go on IR-R to make room for Marlowe and Roberts. Any guesses? Taiwan Jones?

He has been injured.  Whoever it is has to be on offense.  It's way tilted that way right now.

7 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

So another one of these names, in addition to Feliciano, needs to go on IR-R to make room for Marlowe and Roberts. Any guesses? Taiwan Jones?

Would not surprise me - also makes TJ Yeldon a need until Taiwan is healthy again.

Adds up to me.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good thinking Joe. That makes a LOT of sense.

So because they're worried that both will get picked up if they cut them, they cut the better of the two to see if he makes it, while keeping the worse one on the actual 53 just in case?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What’s the benefit to cutting them today and bringing them back tomorrow? Does it have to do with Mongo or someone else going to IR?

Players going to IR would be lost for the season if placed there before making the initial 53.  Once they make the initial 53 they can be placed on IR with the option to return during the season.  Roberts and Marlowe are vested vets. They aren’t subject to the waiver wire.  So cut them today and have the IR guys on the roster.  Bring them back tomorrow after players moved to IR.

Edited by purple haze
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Heavy at OL and short at CB means I’m waiting for a Beane move either soon or after Feliciano comes back. Everything else seems fine other than the surprise of Del’Shawn...

I keep hearing they're 'short at CB.' Is five corners not fairly common around the league?

• Like (+1) 1