Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I definitely was fooled by McDermott downplaying his chances last week.

I viewed that as pure smokescreen.  But we'll see if he sticks.  The move from FB to TE, then on the roster, is intriguing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The only reasoning I have on Phillips is he is more of an outside guy. Matakevich is an inside guy (and here mainly for teams in any event) and Dodson has been playing inside during camp.... maybe it came down to that? They see him more as a backup will maybe?

Surprising to see him over Thompson, they must see some real upside with Milano's contract looming.

Just now, CSBill said:

Who?

Exactly.  Del'Shawn Phillips is a player I have read exactly NOTHING about from any writer covering the Bills this summer.  Nada.  They all have egg on their faces at this moment.

• Like (+1) 4

Del'Shawn Phillips 6'2" 225lbs

Apparently at his Pro-Day in 2019 he ran a 4.59, had a 37" vertical and a 10'1" broad jump.  He also benched 225lbs 20 times. Those are good numbers for a linebacker.

He is from Detroit, initially went to Western Michigan, and finished up at Illinois.  Signed with Atlanta as a UDFA, the Bills signed him to a futures contract in January which makes you wonder if they tried to sign him as a UDFA also.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1