Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree and then the league tries to close those paths to roster shenanigans, then the teams figure out a new one.  Wouldn't shock me to see the NFLPA doesn't like this and if so will pressure the league to eliminate the practice somehow.

NFLPA should LOVE this.  It keeps more people getting paid.  Two guys getting paid in essentially one roster spot.

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree and then the league tries to close those paths to roster shenanigans, then the teams figure out a new one.  Wouldn't shock me to see the NFLPA doesn't like this and if so will pressure the league to eliminate the practice somehow.

This has been going on for 50 years (probably more). I'm pretty sure both sides are okay with it.

Edited by Tuco

16 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm not talking about the future considerations part, I'm talking about cutting a guy and bringing him back the next day so you can get another player on the 53 to be able to IR him with the designation to return.  There was an article I read today that another player who may fit this deal is Brian Boehm, he has more than 4 years so is a straight cut, then bring him back and IR Feliciano.

to me this seems like a back door way to circumvent the rules.  Understand everyone else can and do also do this, but just doesn't seem like something the league wants to encourage and what does the NFLPA feel about this?  Do they feel it restricts movement??

13 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

It's not circumventing the rules. Boehm would be free to sign with anyone he likes during that time and that's the risk you take by doing something like that.

This exactly - ask Steve Tasker about this option.  

It has been this way for years with little push back - teams assume the risk.

1 minute ago, Bss said:

So thats 2 spots open. Hoping thats Hodgins and Gilliam 

I think Gilliam gets at least 6 games to show his worth while Sweeney is on the PUP.  He'll be listed as TE4 but is more of an H-Back and can line up in the FB spot when the situation calls for it.

I think.  I dunno.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I think Gilliam gets at least 6 games to show his worth while Sweeney is on the PUP.  He'll be listed as TE4 but is more of an H-Back and can line up in the FB spot when the situation calls for it.

I think.  I dunno.

Hopefully this, and when Sweeney is ready to return he takes Smiths spot

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I know I’m just teasing, I feel like that’s all I seen last year so I’m a little traumatized still 

They worked getting McKensie more involved on on some slants and crossers starting about 2/3 of the way through the season

12 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Current roster, updated from Sal's:

roster.png

Thanks!  Are the blue confirmed "on the roster" or still Sal's best guesses?