Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

They changed rules on maximum players could be paid on PS with new contract.

And I do believe PS players salaries count.

The salary cap applies to the highest-paid 51 players on the team.  There are usually 51 of those guys without getting to the practice squad - whether or not PS salaries count.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The salary cap applies to the highest-paid 51 players on the team.  There are usually 51 of those guys without getting to the practice squad - whether or not PS salaries count.

Yes with new limits but since limits are based on number of years it is still POSSIBLE for a veteran on PS (i.e. Zo although he has not been put on it, no one has) to be paid more than #51 on regular roster.

I actually think it is a great way to keep a veteran involved in team.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billy Claude said:

Just curious, what is the point of releasing names one by one?   I've never really understood that -- why do teams not just release all the names at the deadline?  

Because they are telling the players individually and the info is getting released as each player meets with the coach whether the player or the agent or the team is doing it. They will put out a list when they have informed everyone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billy Claude said:

Just curious, what is the point of releasing names one by one?   I've never really understood that -- why do teams not just release all the names at the deadline?  

Teams do. It is agents and players talking to media that makes the drip, drip effect. 

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That is during the offseason. I am pretty sure once you hit the season all 53 need to be accounted for an any PS players you have. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, it doesn’t, but the point I was responding to suggested Fromm wouldn’t be much help in the QB room.  If I read one, I musta read 20 pundits claiming that was exactly what Fromm was gonna do for Josh, push him in the QB room and help his understanding of the game.

Nothing against Fromm but I thought that viewpoint was kind of insulting to Webb, Barkley, AND Josh - that a rookie would just walk in and know more about playing NFL football in Daboll’s offense so he’d be teaching 3 Vets

We’ll never know now.  

I don’t think Beane likes to cut draft picks.  It’ll be interesting.

I tend to think Fromm’s floor is Peterman, but then again he’s still in the league so.......

If Fromm goes on to have a good career we will know. Peterman is literally the worst QB in the NFL. Tell me who is worse?

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Not a surprise because it was a conditional pick, so we give up nothing for him.

Only a surprise because of who there is at linebacker in the back up category on the roster currently. I don’t see them keeping Dodson or Thompson, but the release of Smith might pave the way for one of them.

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Only a surprise because of who there is at linebacker in the back up category on the roster currently. I don’t see them keeping Dodson or Thompson, but the release of Smith might pave the way for one of them.

I think they like Dodson.  Kept him through a sexual assault violation.

• Like (+1) 2