Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

so 11 pages in who was cut?

I could see Robert Foster to GB and thriving.

Yes, because Rodgers just loves fast WR's who are bad route runners and terrible tracking the ball in the air. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How is that a classy move?  True he gets paid, but I'd be willing to bet if DeMarco could still play this year, he'd have rather been cut than placed on IR where now he sits out an entire year.  He plays a position that not too many teams even use, so sitting out a full year won't help his career too much.  Wouldn't be shocked to see him released with an injury settlement. 

Gilliam is more versatile and we know McD loves versatility. He is more of an H back TE/FB hybrid. Keeps defenses on their toes and makes sense to move on from DiMarco who is more one demesional as a FB.

3 minutes ago, umang_a_desai said:

Gilliam is more versatile and we know McD loves versatility. He is more of an H back TE/FB hybrid. Keeps defenses on their toes and makes sense to move on from DiMarco who is more one demesional as a FB.

TE/FB hybrids are just TEs that are too small to be a matchup problem, but are also not good lead blockers like a FB. They are almost always useless.

18 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

so 11 pages in who was cut?

I could see Robert Foster to GB and thriving.

I honestly think it might take Foster getting cut for the light to go on if it can. I say this solely based of his rookie year after he was sat for awhile and how he played afterwards. 
I think Foster has a ton of talent, it baffles me why he can’t put it together. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Yes, because Rodgers just loves fast WR's who are bad route runners and terrible tracking the ball in the air. :thumbsup:

SF/GB/Philly all make sense. Their off season moves all bombed out due to injury or questionable draft day decisions.

Say what you want about Foster, he has a 6 game stretch of tape that looks really good on a bad offense. And he has some speed. As John Madden used to say, 'Speed Kills'. Buffalo has J Brown and S Diggs, plenty of speed.

Davante Adams is clearly WR1 in GB (says something about GB WR,)

Would you rather have M. Valdez Scantling, Allen Lazard, or Geronimo Allison as your #2? Lazard and Allison failed to get separation. They are slow. MVS has been all name and no production. Foster is at worst WR #3 on that team today, and maybe #2 on physical ability alone.

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I honestly think it might take Foster getting cut for the light to go on if it can. I say this solely based of his rookie year after he was sat for awhile and how he played afterwards. 
I think Foster has a ton of talent, it baffles me why he can’t put it together. 

Me too. He has the size, speed, hands combo you want in a WR 2 or WR3. We have the LUXURY of Diggs, Brown and Beasley. I don't think Foster has the complicated E-Perkins system down. Put him in a more simple offense or with a more established QB and watch fireworks. We are at the point Bills nation where good players, who do not fit the system, or culture may be let go.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Kind of a pet peeve of mine too. Even though either is acceptable, I prefer “with regard to” over “in regard to”. I think I was taught that way in an English class I took and it stuck. 🤷‍♂️

Damn. Thanks, I make that mistake too. I feel dumb

18 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

SF/GB/Philly all make sense. Their off season moves all bombed out due to injury or questionable draft day decisions.

Say what you want about Foster, he has a 6 game stretch of tape that looks really good on a bad offense. And he has some speed. As John Madden used to say, 'Speed Kills'. Buffalo has J Brown and S Diggs, plenty of speed.

Davante Adams is clearly WR1 in GB (says something about GB WR,)

Would you rather have M. Valdez Scantling, Allen Lazard, or Geronimo Allison as your #2? Lazard and Allison failed to get separation. They are slow. MVS has been all name and no production. Foster is at worst WR #3 on that team today, and maybe #2 on physical ability alone.

Equanimeous St. Brown

24 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

TE/FB hybrids are just TEs that are too small to be a matchup problem, but are also not good lead blockers like a FB. They are almost always useless.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

FBs are slow running backs that are always useless. 

Kyle Juszczyk says hello

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

There are strategic benefits to running 21 personnel. Just ask the Pats or the 49ers.

You think he is a hybrid? I always considered him a true FB. 

True FB maybe, with great hands, always a danger to break a big gain because he escaped notice. H Back type is more how I see him, he is a swiss army knife/utility player for sure, definitely not useless, would love to have him!

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

FBs are slow running backs that are always useless. 

For the most part I agree.

You have Vonta Leach, that’s a different story. 

But Kyle Williams would have been a better fullback that Pat DiMarco. When he’s on the field it means that someone more explosive is sitting on the bench.

The guys that Buffalo has are bottom of the barrel, fringe NFL, borderline good enough, try-hard, lunch pail types. 

• Like (+1) 1