Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Exactly.  Its like children around here.  

I for one appreciate JW coming by and given what insight he has at any given time.  And its even more comical he's getting grief over Trent Murphy...not like he's alluding to some big trade acquisition with no details here, its a rotational player at best and people giving him grief because the info wasn't definitive yet.  Geesh.  

I'd say the issue people have is it comes off as saying a player dangerously on the edge of the 53 is dangerously on the edge of the 53.

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'd say the issue people have is it comes off as saying a player dangerously on the edge of the 53 is dangerously on the edge of the 53.

And if that is the only news available at the time, then thats the only news available.  Giving him crap about it is silly.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

52 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

Would you rather not me provide some insight in regards to what I'm learning in regards to simply confirming that there is actual uncertainty in regards to Trent Murphy from the team and that a decision has already been made in regards to his status.

jw

Ignore the idiots John. Plenty of us value your input.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 9

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And if that is the only news available at the time, then thats the only news available.  Giving him crap about it is silly.  

No leaks out of OBD this year apparently. Usually you see agents or players tweeting cryptic stuff but haven’t seen that either 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

If the team is putting out the message that they're still heeing and hawing over Murphy, it makes me think it's cuttsville

Think it could be a tactic to get other teams to offer up a trade? 

21 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Actually it is .. it means his roster spot is not guaranteed. Now this was less of a shock then if he had said WR John Brown's status .. but the point is they are likely having discussions re: trade, reduced salary, etc. 

It might be for you, I never once assume is roster spot is guaranteed.

1 minute ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Shrug? Interesting thought. That's a high salary to trade in the current climate, though.

I'm no cap expert, so I won't pretend to understand the ramifications on either side. I just look at it as:

• Murphy has value
  • The Bills have a surplus of DEs
  • Other teams assuredly have a need for DEs

Getting a late-round pick is better than nothing!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, john wawrow said:

Would you rather not me provide some insight in regards to what I'm learning in regards to simply confirming that there is actual uncertainty in regards to Trent Murphy from the team and that a decision has already been made in regards to his status.

jw

Grammar tip. It should be "in regard to," not "in regards to." Regards are for kind regards, etc., not for referring to something.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I think the Mario Williams signing was a historic turning point for the franchise.   There was a lot of misery yet to come, but signing Williams signified that the Bills were willing to make the big move to change their fortunes, and it indicated that big-time talent would come to Buffalo.  

I couldn't leave my computer during that time, for fear I would miss something.  

I thought it was supposed to be drafting CJ Spiller.  I remember Ralph Wilson talking about how that represented their new commitment to getting playmakers and being more competitive or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Grammar tip. It should be "in regard to," not "in regards to." Regards are for kind regards, etc., not for referring to something.

Regard vs regards is what you decide to nitpick rather than the massive run-on sentence?

• Haha (+1) 1

jw

I missed that you are actually conveying that the organization is in two minds about Murphy. That was useful. My bad.

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I thought it was supposed to be drafting CJ Spiller.  I remember Ralph Wilson talking about how that represented their new commitment to getting playmakers and being more competitive or something like that.

Regard vs regards is what you decide to nitpick rather than the massive run-on sentence?

I had more of an issue him using "not me" and not "I not"

jw

I wonder why it hasn't been mentioned that the Bills have made almost every key player on this team available to the press (including Siran Neal, I Hodgins, and Dean Marlowe) but not Trent Murphy.  That seems extremely telling.