SI NFL season predictions

DBilz2500

likes the Dolphins a lot - better than us..also  pundits outside the 716 dont think we are all that and a bag of chips...

What I don’t like for Buffalo is how their schedule dovetails into some pretty gnarly stretches, like Weeks 3-6 (Rams, at Raiders, at Titans, at Chiefs) then Weeks 8-14 (Patriots, Seahawks, at Cardinals, Chargers, at 49ers, Steelers). Those could be the kind of uphill climbs that blow up a season quickly.

9 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

likes the Dolphins a lot - better than us..also  pundits outside the 716 dont think we are all that and a bag of chips...

What I don’t like for Buffalo is how their schedule dovetails into some pretty gnarly stretches, like Weeks 3-6 (Rams, at Raiders, at Titans, at Chiefs) then Weeks 8-14 (Patriots, Seahawks, at Cardinals, Chargers, at 49ers, Steelers). Those could be the kind of uphill climbs that blow up a season quickly.

Very well put.  Those are some tough stretches for sure that will test the Bills beyond belief.

• Like (+1) 2

I can easily see the Bills going 7-9.  But, I could also see them going 9-7.  A 10-12 win season would not surprise me, but I'd also not be shocked if they lost 1-3, or even 8.  A 3-6 win season could also happen.

That's my prediction and I am sticking to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I can easily see the Bills going 7-9.  But, I could also see them going 9-7.  A 10-12 win season would not surprise me, but I'd also not be shocked if they lost 1-3, or even 8.  A 3-6 win season could also happen.

That's my prediction and I am sticking to it.

So your somewhere in the range of Trevor sweepstakes and Lombardi trophy?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Very well put.  Those are some tough stretches for sure that will test the Bills beyond belief.

Its a serious point. Something I dont think we should take lightly. Drop one game early that we should have won, and the next thing you know we have a “must win” against a tough team like the Seahawks or Steelers.

Gugs, way to go with the Jedi Mind Tricks.  My prediction is I have no prediction.  Gave me a good laugh.  

Who cares what this tool thinks?  Just scan to the bottom.  49ers at 8-8, and the Rams Doing really well.  

Shady, badabadabada.  Just don’t forget to put scope in there vs. water.  Not that I’ve ever partaken.  😇

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

I don't know that this is true. I am in the 212 (well, tech 201, but for media purposes) and hearing a ton of respect on WFAN (and not just from Bills fan Maggie Gray -- she may even be the most negative). I've seen a lot of national press praise for the Bills. Most people seem to group them in the Titans/Steelers/(maybe) Colts area of teams that should be contenders, but are just below Baltimore/KC. 

Personally, talent-wise, I put them with KC/SF/TB as teams that have an abundance of talent and the chance to really turn it on. They could very well start 5-0 (Jets are terrible, I don't buy the Dolphins at all -- at least a year away, Rams could be a tire fire, Raiders are baffling and Gruden is pinballing between genius and breakdown, and can't help but feel the Titans run was a one-off and it's very possible Tannehill and Henry could regress).

That said, it's a weird season and so many things could go wrong even in a normal season that while I love the Bills' depth, they could fall apart. Gugny may have it right. Who knows. I feel confident and excited about this team, but often good teams can fall apart and it can steamroll. 

Quick doubleback to the Dolphins: I love that people are overrating them, because it rarely fails that when the Dolphins are expected to do well they fall apart and when they look like a trainwreck they make a run at the playoffs. 

Edited by thurst44

People act like it's impossible that the Bills could have a bad season. 

It's not.

I happen to think they'll have a winning record, but it is COMPLETELY within the realm of possibility that they won't.

They DO have a really tough schedule. 

They WON'T have the usual home field advantage.

Aside from those two factors, we also just don't know how they'll react to being pre-season favorites and getting four primetime games. It happens ALL THE TIME in the NFL that a young, hungry, upstart team starts tasting success and getting some positive press, and suddenly they don't quite practice or play as hard, and they fail to meet expectations. Do I think that will happen to this squad? No, I don't. I think they're still hungry and view themselves as underdogs, and that McDermott and Beane have built the type of team who won't fall victim to this phenomenon. But until we see them actually start playing well now that expectations are higher, we can't know for sure that they will.

7-9 is absolutely not out of the realm of possibility.

Just now, Logic said:

People act like it's impossible that the Bills could have a bad season. 

It's not.

I happen to think they'll have a winning record, but it is COMPLETELY within the realm of possibility that they won't.

They DO have a really tough schedule. 

They WON'T have the usual home field advantage.

Aside from those two factors, we also just don't know how they'll react to being pre-season favorites and getting four primetime games. It happens ALL THE TIME in the NFL that a young, hungry, upstart team starts tasting success and getting some positive press, and suddenly they don't quite practice or play as hard, and they fail to meet expectations. Do I think that will happen to this squad? No, I don't. I think they're still hungry and view themselves as underdogs, and that McDermott and Beane have built the type of team who won't fall victim to this phenomenon. But until we see them actually start playing well now that expectations are higher, we can't know for sure that they will.

7-9 is absolutely not out of the realm of possibility.

See I was there before covid. I actually think covid reduces the chances that the Bills have a losing season. This situation is really gonna benefit the continuity teams IMO. And the Bills are in that list. If this was last year when we were trying to bed in a whole new offensive line, two new starting receivers and two new backs I'd have been predicting trouble.

• Like (+1) 5