New Server: We have moved

SDS

27 minutes ago, MattM said:

Seamless, as usual!  Many thanks!

Seamless?  It went down at 7am, which is the time I get on in the morning whilst I drink a cup of coffee before work.  That's the opposite of seamless and I am MAD.

9 hours ago, SDS said:

If you see this - then your browser is getting to the right place. I'll be pouring over optimization details and running tests for the next week or two at various times, but I think we are good for now.

I hope everyone had a peaceful morning. ✌️

Edit:  Several asked about donating. While I don't need any contributions for our usual fees, I know the act of giving is a satisfying act. The server move cost $375 in fees for a sysadmin to do the setup for us. If you want to contribute to that, here is a link. If not, no worries. Just enjoy. ✌️

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7TTY93GTNHQ9Y&source=url

Thank you, Scott

So I’m an idiot (duh). Before the change over I tried to get my login credentials straight but couldn’t remember my password. The email account I had associated with this site was an old one I no longer have access to, and couldn’t change that without my password. I think my password got reset while I was messing around with it. I’m probably screwed as far as being able to recoup my “original” user name right? 

For a while, I had trouble getting a new account created (wasn’t getting the confirmation link emails) but finally got it. Not a huge deal, but if anyone has any ideas I’ll take it! (Sorry, didn’t know where else to put this)

On 9/3/2020 at 9:48 AM, SDS said:

New stats:

CentOS 6 -> CentOS 7

32 GB RAM -> 64 GB Ram

Intel 1270 v3 -> E-2236

SSD RAID 10 -> single NVMe with daily company backup services

Latest stable versions of php, mysql and Nginx 

The hope is all of that should really improve capacity when traffic is heavy. 

Impressive. It's a Ferrari.

On 9/3/2020 at 9:48 AM, SDS said:

New stats:

CentOS 6 -> CentOS 7

32 GB RAM -> 64 GB Ram

Intel 1270 v3 -> E-2236

SSD RAID 10 -> single NVMe with daily company backup services

Latest stable versions of php, mysql and Nginx 

The hope is all of that should really improve capacity when traffic is heavy. 

What is  needed for the board to crash?