If You Could Take One Bill to Lunch...

My top 3 choices in no particular order:  Beane, McD or Allen.  

I have so much respect for the football minds and leadership of Beane and McD, and Allen seems like a really fun and competitive guy and similar to me and my friends.  

Old school:  Jim Kelly or OJ for polar opposite reasons.  JK obviously out of admiration of him, his career, perseverance, and leadership.  OJ because I think I could coax a confession out of his dumb a**, and even if not, I’d love to troll him.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If you had your choice of one Bill (coaches also), past or present (inc. deceased for this hypothetical), to have lunch with and maybe a frosty beverage, who would it be, why, and what would be the first question you’d ask them?

Kelly for me of course. He’s the reason I became a Bills fan to begin with way back when, and the first question I’d ask him would be if he could do it all again, would he this time not bolt for the USFL first? Have often wondered if the Bills would’ve become a powerhouse even sooner in the mid-80’s had Kelly started here from day 1 in 83. Followup would be if he’d mind throwing me a 10 yard in, out in the parking lot later on. :beer:

Extra-credit: Rex Ryan. I’d ask him to explain his defense in 10 minutes or less. My hunch is he’d have to phone a friend lifeline that one. 

Make sure to remember to ask Kelly about all those vendors/contractors he stiffed when closing up his downtown restaurant.  I am sure his explantation will be fascinating.

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'We' might take 'them', but with what most of these guys made, they're paying!

It’s so weird that so many fans like buying players drinks.  With Kim 🥰, I will pretend to pull out my wallet while she grabs the check and I’ll ask if she’s sure. Then she will reply, “don’t worry, Terry has it” and then she winks at me with her lips puckered out. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

That dude who was found naked in some lady’s yard. I can’t think of his name but I believe he was a fullback 

You are thinking of Corey McIntyre and he wasn't found naked in anyone's yard.  Someone else did it and CMc was briefly implicated in a case of mistaken identity.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/free-willy-bills-player-cleared-of-*****-charges/1839798/

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Make sure to remember to ask Kelly about all those vendors/contractors he stiffed when closing up his downtown restaurant.  I am sure his explantation will be fascinating.

I don't pretend to know all of the ins and out of his failed restaurant/club back in the day--or how it all turned out in the end, but I do know that he's given back to the area through his various philanthropies and charitable medical research funding in significant amounts over the years. How you choose to weigh that is up to you, I don't begrudge you your opinion.  

Kyle Williams.  Because he was a rolling ball o' butcher knives, and he was OUR rolling ball o' butcher knives.

23 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'We' might take 'them', but with what most of these guys made, they're paying!

I could be mistaken, but I think that with celebrity, comes a lifetime of expectation of being comp'ed.

On one of the interviews during Super Bowl week, Josh Allen told an anecdote about how he has his own mug at Bar Bill, and one time he came in to eat and they brought him his mug - someone had stuck a $20 in it.

Wild.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You are thinking of Corey McIntyre and he wasn't found naked in anyone's yard.  Someone else did it and CMc was briefly implicated in a case of mistaken identity.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/free-willy-bills-player-cleared-of-*****-charges/1839798/

Wow I never knew that he was cleared of all charges. That would have made things awkward when I asked him about it...