If You Could Take One Bill to Lunch...

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Vontae Davis.  Retiring at halftime with not even informing the coaches is just so funny to me.  What the heck was he thinking?

But what if he decides halfway to the restaurant that he doesn't want to break bread with you anymore? ;)

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Beane.  

Yep--that's right up there for sure--would really like a behind the scenes insight into how he does the alchemy that he does with this roster. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

It would be Tasker. We were, I guess you could say, "family friends" of the Taskers when I was really little - to the point that I really don't remember it at all... So it'd be cool now as an adult, I guess. He and my mom grew up together in Leoti, KS, so he's the reason we became Bills fans in the first place. But like I said, I don't remember the days of meeting the Taskers because I was just so little.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Which may have not been a bad thing. Levy was severely outcoached when it mattered.

Are you saying we would have done better with Stephenson?

Levy got us to 4 SB in a row.  Losses were a mix of coaching and players being outplayed.

51-3, owned Shula and Marino, best RB in football at the time as a dual threat, best offense, etc.  Won’t say he was out coached. 

18 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

It would be Tasker. We were, I guess you could say, "family friends" of the Taskers when I was really little - to the point that I really don't remember it at all... So it'd be cool now as an adult, I guess. He and my mom grew up together in Leoti, KS, so he's the reason we became Bills fans in the first place. But like I said, I don't remember the days of meeting the Taskers because I was just so little.

I met Tasker when he was in a celebrity LPGA golf outing.  He was the MOST competitive mofo on that course.  It kinda turned me off but he was an INTENSE dude.  So much so that I would have never even thought of asking for an Autograph...I'm his age so it seemed kinda weird asking for an auto but thats just me.

For me it would be Tally.  I always liked that guy he always seemed down to earth and would have a TON of good Bills stories.  My first question would be tell me the wildest Bruuuuuce story you have....and on it would go.

Edited by Kwai San
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Are you saying we would have done better with Stephenson?

Levy got us to 4 SB in a row.  Losses were a mix of coaching and players being outplayed.

51-3, owned Shula and Marino, best RB in football at the time as a dual threat, best offense, etc.  Won’t say he was out coached. 

I have to agree with Joe in Winslow, i love what Levy did but he was severely out coached in the Super Bowls, esp the first one.  Both Dallas teams were simply better than the Bills so I wont blame those on him.

36 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I had dinner with Steve (in a group) once.  My wife headed us a church camp once in which Steve's wife and two daughters were participants.