If You Could Take One Bill to Lunch...

If you had your choice of one Bill (coaches also), past or present (inc. deceased for this hypothetical), to have lunch with and maybe a frosty beverage, who would it be, why, and what would be the first question you’d ask them?

Kelly for me of course. He’s the reason I became a Bills fan to begin with way back when, and the first question I’d ask him would be if he could do it all again, would he this time not bolt for the USFL first? Have often wondered if the Bills would’ve become a powerhouse even sooner in the mid-80’s had Kelly started here from day 1 in 83. Followup would be if he’d mind throwing me a 10 yard in, out in the parking lot later on. :beer:

Extra-credit: Rex Ryan. I’d ask him to explain his defense in 10 minutes or less. My hunch is he’d have to phone a friend lifeline that one. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Eric Moulds. He was my favorite player growing up. He was amazing. Wish he had better QB's throwing to him. He had hall of fame talent.

I don't have any questions in particular. We'd just shoot the breeze.

• Like (+1) 3

LAMP

I’ve had lunch with Jim Kelly a bunch of times, also breakfast at the Sheraton before lions game a while back. He steals my uncles cookie/brownie everytime. He’ll point at something and when he looks he snatches it lol. 

Actually a pretty long list of players I’ve had lunch with pretty much all of them at Jim’s camp with my uncle and grandpa.

I may be remembering this wrong but I think Jim said he would still go to USFL because of a shoulder injury in college and he wouldn’t have been able to throw as much in the nfl and that got his shoulder back in shape or something along those lines. 

My favorite was Kent Hull. One of the nicest people I’ve ever met. 

Dick Jauron is exactly like you would expect. So is Tasker.  

If I had to pick one that I haven’t it would probably be Tre or Josh. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Current

Have to be Allen.  Dude would be fun to knock a few back with.

Past

Hull.  Was an all around good dude.

OP

I’d think Kelly would still do the USFL.  His time there was invaluable.  Anyways, if he did hit the ground running as a rookie, Kay Stephenson may have stayed with the team longer and may never had gotten Levy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Current

Have to be Allen.  Dude would be fun to knock a few back with.

Past

Hull.  Was an all around good dude.

OP

I’d think Kelly would still do the USFL.  His time there was invaluable.  Anyways, if he did hit the ground running as a rookie, Kay Stephenson may have stayed with the team longer and may never had gotten Levy.

Which may have not been a bad thing. Levy was severely outcoached when it mattered.

8 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Clinton, I think he would have some good stories from the 90's and would be fun to BS with.

This is my choice also. 

BUFFALO Bill: Probably James Lofton. He's pretty smart and could share some inside details on the SB teams.

• Like (+1) 1