Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

I don’t understand why this thread even exists.  Tyrod played reasonably well in comparison to what preceded him, he worked hard, was humble, represented the organization and the  city well (which seems to be a necessity for some Bills fans) was the QB of the drought ending team.   The Bills were always going to draft a QB at some point early in McD’s reign.  I wish Tyrod well.  Other Bills fans should do the same.  The level of disrespect toward him is baffling.

because some people here just get their kicks by grave dancing on TT, and a lot of other ex-bills. It’s baffling and sad.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

One guy has a winning record with almost 50 starts. That’s pretty dumb. We know that you hate him but NO ONE (reasonable) thinks Matt Barkley is a better option. This type of absurd hyperbole is the reason that I feel a need to chime in. 

I was responding to the guy suggesting that he’d be “bagging groceries.” He’s a top 40 QB now and there are almost 90 rostered in the Covid era. He’s not going to be out of the league anytime soon.

If we had to start Barkley or Tyrod this weekend I don’t think there’s a big difference.

You can pretend there is, Tyrod has shown nothing but crap play for years now.   Chargers problem now, we are on to the Rams. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

because some people here just get their kicks by grave dancing on TT, and a lot of other ex-bills. It’s baffling and sad.

I was a TT fan, but as time went on I realized that he wasn't THAT guy so I just wanted him gone.  

I agree.  There is no need to keep mocking him, or any other Bills player that left on "good" terms.  

Now, quitting at halftime.... That's still a topic.  

• Like (+1) 6

11 hours ago, mannc said:

That's true, but Tyrod was kept around here one year too long, and people who believed in him were made to look foolish.  That's caused a bit of blowback. Plus he's been terrible since he left Buffalo.   

Yea the problem is the people who now defend Tyrod by saying "he had a ceiling but he was good for us" are generally speaking the people who at the start of 2017 were still saying he could still be the Bills' franchise QB - including some posters I have a lot of respect for. If those people had accepted THEN that Tyrod was no more than a bridge QB I don't think there would have been nearly the battles there were on this board. But at that point, even after McDermott told us what he thought of Tyrod by forcing him to take a paycut and void the rest of his contract, there were still people here waving the flag and hanging onto to Beane's "Tyrod is our Quarterback" at his first press conference which was very obviously a sentence that in Beane's head he completed with the words "for now".

There are of course a few on the other side who completely despised Tyrod but the majority of the "opposition" to him in that 2016/17 offseason was from those of us frustrated that there was still a section of the fanbase that wanted to ride with Tyrod not just keep hold of him for another year. The very day McDermott made him take the paycut to stay there were people hailing him in that very thread as the future of the franchise. It was cultish.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Viewing it as a “6 year deal” is where you are off. It was functionally a 2 or 3 year deal. The guy wasn’t here to mentor because EJ flopped when Tyrod started and they decided to go for the 2018 class instead of 2017. They were ALWAYS taking a QB in one of those classes. They stacked their assets for 2018 and got Josh. They could have sat tight in 2017 and taken Watson or (gasp) Mahomes. The Bills decided to build their roster and then the QB instead of the other way around. It’s the opposite of the Jets. 

The Tyrod hate on here those is just absurd. The guy led 2 top 10 scoring offenses and won more games than he lost (for a franchise that hadn’t won in forever). He was the QB at the end of the drought. That guy shouldn’t be talked about like Rex or Peterman or EJ or Jauron. Tyrod deserves WAY more respect than Bills fans have given him. He was a fine bridge QB that they moved on from when they found their guy. This is not the guy that we should be trashing. It’s a bad look and unwarranted.

How did Whaley and Rex decide to go for the 2018 QB class when no longer employeed basically after 2016?  McD knew QB was a weakness immediately and drafted/forced Peterman to start. Beane and McD both realized Tyrod wasn't even bridge or mentor material before we even drafted Josh in 2018. I'm still amazed Beane basically stole a 3rd pick from the Browns for him. 

I'm glad Cleveland and the Chargers both realized he was a bridge/groom/mentor for Herbert and Mayfield (Browns - knowing what their #1 pick was going to be).  The only Bridge Tyrod was for the Bills is a ticket out of a job for a horrible coaching staff and entire FO, we did not have the future sitting at QB2 for him to mentor or bridge . You can say EJ but you know thatt Rex had a love affair for Tyrod, EJ was meat on the bench at that phase.  This is 100% indicated after the 2015 season, we hand Tyrod a 6yr 92mill contract with incentatives that could lead up to 112mill. 

This is fact that our FO and coaching staff decided. This is what started to divide us through the 2016 season and into 2017 season.

https://www.nfl.com/news/tyrod-taylor-signs-six-year-92m-bills-extension-0ap3000000684170

For the record, I really have no issues for Tyrod Taylor. I just can't stand he was forced down our throats for basically 3 years after 10-15yrs of hell. I knew after the 2015 (his best season) he was not the answer to the Bills long term. Our old coach and FO had no plan at QB and threw alot $$$ his way in 2016 dividing fans and this forum on the topic in half.

He was our Bridge to McD and Beane, I will take it all day. 

I had hopes for Tyrod in 2016 after he showed potential in 2015, but after he showed no improvement/regression and never got it done in the 4th it was obvious he wasn’t the guy. I think he’s the best backup in the league and probably better than a Daniel Jones or Dwayne Haskins (but you have to play those guys now). The Chargers have to start Herbert

Edited by uticaclub

16 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

SARCASM 

Sarcasm is normally funny. For instance, I really liked your post.  It was hilarious.  I bet you are super cool and seem like someone who I would want to have a beer with.

🤥

Also, this is exactly why Allen should have no loyalty to the Bills.  While I wasn’t a big TT fan, I respected him for being decent enough.  Yet, we have fans put up threads trashing a player who is a pretty good dude by all accounts. 

players don’t owe the team or fans anything except playing hard in games. 

13 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

If I’m the owner I go to Anthony Lynn and either fire him or tell him he’s starting Herbert. 

Lynn fired off some beautiful quotes today. Is this man simply delusional? Has he not seen any of the years of tape that Tyrod has? 

"The young man stepped up, and I thought he played well under the circumstances," Lynn explained Monday. "He could've made some different decisions here and there, but I thought he stepped up when we needed him to and gave us a chance. If Tyrod's not available, (I think) we can win with him ... But there's a lot that you don't know. There's a lot that we didn't get done with Justin on the field. He's a backup for a reason. He's a rookie. And there's a lot that he needs to learn about this game."

What the heck is he doing? Is he scapegoating the rookie who didn’t know he was starting until 5 minutes before the game and played very well to take heat off him being completely incompetent and giving then ball back to Mahomes in OT?

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Jets just ***** up their team building royally.(shocker)

Completely wasted all their salary cap on moronic signings and made an even worse hire at HC. 

You hate to see it...

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea the problem is the people who now defend Tyrod by saying "he had a ceiling but he was good for us" are generally speaking the people who at the start of 2017 were still saying he could still be the Bills' franchise QB - including some posters I have a lot of respect for. If those people had accepted THEN that Tyrod was no more than a bridge QB I don't think there would have been nearly the battles there were on this board. But at that point, even after McDermott told us what he thought of Tyrod by forcing him to take a paycut and void the rest of his contract, there were still people here waving the flag and hanging onto to Beane's "Tyrod is our Quarterback" at his first press conference which was very obviously a sentence that in Beane's head he completed with the words "for now".

There are of course a few on the other side who completely despised Tyrod but the majority of the "opposition" to him in that 2016/17 offseason was from those of us frustrated that there was still a section of the fanbase that wanted to ride with Tyrod not just keep hold of him for another year. The very day McDermott made him take the paycut to stay there were people hailing him in that very thread as the future of the franchise. It was cultish.

Still odd that we fired roman (now considered a good offensive coordinator) in Tyrod's second season starting.  That's probably the best offense he could even be in. In year 2, injuries totally killed the passing offense.  However there were 3 really winnable games in 2016 (MIAx2 and seattle) that if the defense performed even a little bit better the team probably wins.  Same goes for 2015 - i think they win against cincy/jax if they have tyrod not EJ.  

He was a terrible fit under dennison (as was the offensive line), and his stats reflected that.  

At the end of the day - when plays needed to be made in the 4th quarter, he typically wasn't delivering.  You need that from your QB.  So he's in that fitzpatrick level to me.  Fitz's highs are much higher, but his lows are turnover frenzies which absolutely kill your chances of staying in a game.  Tyrod is more of a safety net kinda QB.  Probably an ideal backup at this point.  Teaches a young QB to work hard, pushes him for his job, and if he plays in a pinch, he doesn't kill you with turnovers.

25 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I had hopes for Tyrod in 2016 after he showed potential in 2015, but after he showed no improvement/regression and never got it done in the 4th it was obvious he wasn’t the guy. I think he’s the best backup in the league and probably better than a Daniel Jones or Dwayne Haskins (but you have to play those guys now). The Chargers have to start Herbert

2016 is a rough year to evaluate though: Watkins missed half the year and was hurt when he played.  Woods was banged up all year.  the new guy harvin was hurt by week 2. Salas was supposed to contribute out of the slot and he played like 2 games.  Too much Walt powell, Justin Hunter, and Goodwin.   

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

What the heck is he doing? Is he scapegoating the rookie who didn’t know he was starting until 5 minutes before the game and played very well to take heat off him being completely incompetent and giving then ball back to Mahomes in OT?

Yeah what the hell is all that?  Is Lynn trying to say that Herbert made a ton of boneheaded plays and misreads that everyone watching (including Tony Romo) completely missed?

Just now, LeviF91 said:

Yeah what the hell is all that?  Is Lynn trying to say that Herbert made a ton of boneheaded plays and misreads that everyone watching (including Tony Romo) completely missed?

I mean, he made the one really dumb interception which did give the chiefs the opportunity, but that’s rookies man.

Furthermore, if Lynn actually believes they have a better chance of winning that game with Tyrod, he needs to be fired.

Just now, LeviF91 said:

He did make a huge rookie mistake that was a big impact and also could have been difference in the game.  Just a few steps from and easy first down while running on 3rd down, he flings the ball across his body on a deep floater easily intercepted in doin coverage by goal line.  Had he just taken the gimme first down, they get another score there.  They lost by a FG.  It was a colossus mistake.

He also got himself crushed multiple times and does not know how to avoid contact yet, so I’m sure they would like the kid to survive too.

But honestly, I don’t think they want Tyrods to lose his job after missing the game because a team doctor royally messed up puncturing his lung.  So my guess, if Tyrod struggles this game, Herbert starts the next one.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, he made the one really dumb interception which did give the chiefs the opportunity, but that’s rookies man.

Furthermore, if Lynn actually believes they have a better chance of winning that game with Tyrod, he needs to be fired.

Right, I've maintained that was the really only big mistake he made (could have easily run for the 1st).

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Why do you or anyone else here care so much about who starts for the Chargers?  People need to get over there anti Tyrod stuff.  Happened when he was in Cleveland too.

He was a total pro here and good teammate, and helped break a 17 year drought.  Never understand why people can’t help themselves of just putting the guy down so much.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1