Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

On 9/20/2020 at 6:35 PM, Groin said:

My dad hates the NFL.  The only time he'll watch it is when I'm back in WNY for a visit, and staying through Monday if it's a Sunday game.

Even my dad watched Tyrod, silently, for like 3 hours, and finally towards the end of the game against the Chiefs, he asked what was wrong with the QB.

He for sure has his weaknesses and he isn't going to put up pretty numbers.  Either way, this season Allen is playing at a significantly higher level than him.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/20/2020 at 6:38 PM, Bubba Gump said:

Tyrod will be bagging groceries soon

Sure dude.  The multi millionaire who can be a backup QBs for a long time will be bagging groceries.  Great take.

On 9/20/2020 at 11:04 PM, Bubba Gump said:

Doesn't mean he still can't bag groceries when he's done. I don't see your point.

It was a stupid post

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/20/2020 at 11:01 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

Coach Lynn said Tyrod gets his job back when healthy.  https://clutchpoints.com/chargers-news-anthony-lynn-clarifies-starting-qb-situation-after-tyrod-taylor-injury/

#Chargers coach Anthony Lynn on Tyrod Taylor: “If he’s 100 percent ready to go, he’s our starter.”

One of the oldest unwritten rules of football is "You shouldnt lose your starting position to injury". Seems pretty dumb, but so do most unwritten rules.

That doesnt mean that they wont switch from Tyrod to Herbert after Tyrod comes back. But they would rather have it "earned" than handed over due to a fluke.

On 9/20/2020 at 8:01 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

Coach Lynn said Tyrod gets his job back when healthy.  https://clutchpoints.com/chargers-news-anthony-lynn-clarifies-starting-qb-situation-after-tyrod-taylor-injury/

#Chargers coach Anthony Lynn on Tyrod Taylor: “If he’s 100 percent ready to go, he’s our starter.”

If I’m the owner, I would fire Lynn to prevent this from happening.  Just like when Pegula fired Rex to keep him from starting Tyrod against the Jests in his last game...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

One of the oldest unwritten rules of football is "You shouldnt lose your starting position to injury". Seems pretty dumb, but so do most unwritten rules.

That doesnt mean that they wont switch from Tyrod to Herbert after Tyrod comes back. But they would rather have it "earned" than handed over due to a fluke.

It'd be one thing if they had comparable results.  But they didn't.  Tyrod came out and eked out a win against a very bad Bengals team with some Josh Allen rookie season numbers.  Herbert stood toe-to-toe with the reigning Super Bowl champs and was one boneheaded play away from pulling it out, completing 2/3rds of his passes for 300+ yards 1 TD 1 INT.

I get that nobody likes to give away a starting position due to injury, but sometimes it has to happen when the results speak for themselves.  See: Prescott, Dak.  Yeah Herbert hasn't won a bunch of games yet but not nobody can tell me they watched the Chargers' first two games and think that they should be passing on opportunities to give their rookie meaningful snaps after the way he played Sunday.

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

It'd be one thing if they had comparable results.  But they didn't.  Tyrod came out and eked out a win against a very bad Bengals team with some Josh Allen rookie season numbers.  Herbert stood toe-to-toe with the reigning Super Bowl champs and was one boneheaded play away from pulling it out, completing 2/3rds of his passes for 300+ yards 1 TD 1 INT.

I get that nobody likes to give away a starting position due to injury, but sometimes it has to happen when the results speak for themselves.  See: Prescott, Dak.  Yeah Herbert hasn't won a bunch of games yet but not nobody can tell me they watched the Chargers' first two games and think that they should be passing on opportunities to give their rookie meaningful snaps after the way he played Sunday.

I agree. I'm sure we all agree. Probably so does Anthony Lynn. And the rest of the Chargers team. It's a stupid "unwritten rule".

But they are going to stick to their code since they want to avoid any culture fall-outs occurring around the locker room if you start giving away starting jobs to injury.

I'd hope/expect the move gets made to Herbert the week after Tyrod comes back.

42 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I agree. I'm sure we all agree. Probably so does Anthony Lynn. And the rest of the Chargers team. It's a stupid "unwritten rule".

But they are going to stick to their code since they want to avoid any culture fall-outs occurring around the locker room if you start giving away starting jobs to injury.

I think this is a myth.  The players in that locker room know damn well that in his first NFL start, Herbert just did something Tyrod couldn't do on his best day.  They know who gives them the best chance to win AND is the future of the franchise.  The only fallout will come if Tyrod ever starts another game.  That's why Lynn will back down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/2/2020 at 10:31 PM, ALF said:

They don't want to put Herbert in there before he is ready

He looked pretty “ready” to me Sunday.  While there were plenty of rookie mistakes, he didn’t exactly ***** himself.  He’s going to benefit more from actually playing than from watching Tyrod

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think this is a myth.  The players in that locker room know damn well that in his first NFL start, Herbert just did something Tyrod couldn't do on his best day.  They know who gives them the best chance to win AND is the future of the franchise.  The only fallout will come if Tyrod ever starts another game.  That's why Lynn will back down.

That's a fair point and one I can agree with. But those vets in the locker room would also have to think "What happens to me if I get a fluke injury in warm ups?". Then you start sowing the seeds of distrust.

The "right" way to manage this is to allow Tyrod to come back and then make the switch right after.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's ridiculous.  They would be giving away a job to a better player.   Everyone in the NFL knows if there is someone better, they're going to play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

That's ridiculous.  They would be giving away a job to a better player.   Everyone in the NFL knows if there is someone better, they're going to play.

If he was better than he should have been starting going into the game. They'll work it out.

Again, I agree it is ridiculous. But it is how it works in the NFL. Cant lose a job to injury. This isnt the first time we've heard it. Wont be the last.

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If he was better than he should have been starting going into the game. They'll work it out.

Again, I agree it is ridiculous. But it is how it works in the NFL. Cant lose a job to injury. This isnt the first time we've heard it. Wont be the last.

And to your other point, Ty Guy whipped out "the card," once already.  Don't think for one second that's not being factored into the decision.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/22/2020 at 8:01 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sure dude.  The multi millionaire who can be a backup QBs for a long time will be bagging groceries.  Great take.

It was a stupid post

SARCASM 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
Inappropriate language