Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

On 9/2/2020 at 10:39 PM, BarleyNY said:

That’s Taylor’s niche.  He’s a modestly compensated (by NFL standards), bridge QB.  I tip my hat to him for making a fine living by doing that.  The only issue with him here was that most Bills fans convinced themselves that he was more than that when the team ignored the need at QB and kept trotting him out as the starter.  Then they got pissy when he didn’t live up to that hype.  

Sums him up well.

I might add though one of his strengths I think is a certain amount of professionalism he brings to the game.  Yeah the few games he started with the Browns he wasn't great but I think he was a good mentor in the process for Baker.  Notice how Baker's head was still straight for 2018.  Imo anyway part of that was having a sort of presence like that around he looked up to.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/2/2020 at 9:36 PM, Buffalo619 said:

he wants out of LA and Cali in general. 

Well it would be justified there is a mass exodus from out in the liberal west coast I have already seen a bunch of folks around Nashville that have fled there so can't blame Anthony . 

Especially after living in Western NY that must have been a shock moving out there ...

Edited by T master
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I don’t think they’re exactly comparable. Daboll’s passing schemes are likely better and they prefer very different personnel groupings. Roman’s run schemes are the most innovative ground attack since Shanahan shot Terrell Davis to stardom with zone blocking. As a result, Roman’s schemes aren’t reliant upon traditional QB play, but those schemes and his playcalling tend to get figured out by the better defenses after a few seasons. It remains to be seen if Baltimore can overcome what occurred here and in SF.

When has Daboll’s schemes ever been successful??? His resume is awful.  

29 minutes ago, T master said:

Well it would be justified there is a mass exodus from out in the liberal west coast I have already seen a bunch of folks around Nashville that have fled there so can't blame Anthony . 

Especially after living in Western NY that must have been a shock moving out there ...

Haha.  You know Nashville leans liberal right?  You guys know that biggest cities in the conservative south also tend to lean liberal as well right?

oh wait.  I bet this mass exodus of people from liberal California and NYC will definitely be going to super conservatives places like Arkansas, Mississippi, and Alabama.  I can already see it know.  Jackson, Mississippi- the new Hollywood.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It certainly is. I’m not arguing that. Simply arguing that his system won’t work without a certain level of QB play, as opposed to Roman’s which is less conventional. 

Haha.  You know Nashville leans liberal right?  You guys know that biggest cities in the conservative south also tend to lean liberal as well right?

I think people see red state and assume the cities lean conservative as well which isn’t the case.

On 9/2/2020 at 11:00 PM, ScottLaw said:

Lol. It did work for two years.... It’s exactly what Lynn did in 2016 here. It would be great if the 2020 Bills offense is as good as the 2016 Bills offense.... best Bills offense in a long time.... and it’s really not close.

Long for the days of TT, do ya? :lol:

On 9/2/2020 at 9:36 PM, Buffalo619 said:

Herbert is ready. Lynn is doing his usually sabotage because he wants out of LA and Cali in general. 

You act like the guy has been a head coach for 15 years and has a better team to go to. 🤔

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/5/2020 at 9:47 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

oh wait.  I bet this mass exodus of people from liberal California and NYC will definitely be going to super conservatives places like Arkansas, Mississippi, and Alabama.  I can already see it know.  Jackson, Mississippi- the new Hollywood.

The city and it's new leadership is Liberal but out in the country not even close to liberal you have your few that still have those thoughts but choose to live out where common sense is the norm .

On 9/5/2020 at 10:18 AM, T master said:

We made it NINE PAGES, and in a TeddyKGB thread no less, without getting political. But some folks just cant help themselves. And for such nonsense too, referring to Southern California as "liberal", lol.

Anyways...

Tyrod and the offense SUCKED. Dennison shouldnt have been allowed to fly back with the team. He was always a fill-in anyways. Give him the ol Lane Kiffin (speaking of SoCal)!

On 9/3/2020 at 10:46 PM, ScottLaw said:

What 21 PPG? When? 

We are talking about a full season here. You can’t just cherry pick a few games.... Bortles outplayed Big Ben the next week by the way. 

Look at the stats.

Both EJ and TT had scored over 20 ppg on average for the season.  

On 9/3/2020 at 10:51 PM, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

If Bortles outplayed Tyrod it was by a pretty slim margin 

17/37 for 134 yards 0 TD 1 INT 

7 rushes 27 yards

vs

12/23 for 87 yards 1 TD 0 INT

10 rushes 88 yards

I vividly recall Bortles throwing into the dirt multiple times when he was not pressured and had a wide open dump off (just flat out missed Fournette) 

Bortles got the Win.  

It was a contest to 

Make him a QB for both sides.

Bortles came out on top. 

On 9/5/2020 at 12:38 AM, Julio Hopkins said:

Tyrod played meh and the offense looked lost as a whole, just like the regular season.  

the end. 

Correct

The End of TT's career in Buffalo. 

On 9/4/2020 at 2:52 PM, SirAndrew said:

I wanted Tyrod out of here, because I knew we weren’t winning a Super Bowl with him. Moving on was still a risk because you might be downgrading the QB position inadvertently. He just didn’t have what it takes to lead a team anywhere. The TT fans never understood that.

However, I also recognize in hindsight that he was one of our best post Kelly QB’s. That isn’t saying much because we’ve had garbage, but he deserves some credit. The same people who trash Tyrod look back at the Bledsoe, Fitz, and even the Orton years fondly. I’ll never understand that. Tyrod had more success with this team than many of those guys who are often fondly remembered. I was a harsh critic of TT, but even I must admit what he accomplished here. It was nothing spectacular, but he doesn’t deserve to be trashed, while we reminisce about how amazing Fitz was. 

I equally hated all of those QB's because I knew right away that none of them were going to get the Bills to a Super Bowl. Fitz was probably the most exciting to watch and Tyrod was probably the most boring. It's going to be fun reading the 20 TT threads on the Chargers message board. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think that part of the reason that I always defend Tyrod around here is because people treat him as interchangeable with EJ, Bledsoe, Edwards, Losman, etc.. He was not that.

Tyrod and Fitz (who gets a pass because everyone loves him) were the only okay starting QBs of the last 20 years (before JA). Orton had some moments as did Bledsoe. Only Tyrod and Fitz though had periods of sustained success. The problem however, is that the ceiling was lower. They weren’t going to win Super Bowls but they could win NFL games. That’s why they are starting games in 2020 still while those others washed out of the league (although Bledsoe had a few years to stink in Dallas).

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that part of the reason that I always defend Tyrod around here is because people treat him as interchangeable with EJ, Bledsoe, Edwards, Losman, etc.. He was not that.

Tyrod and Fitz (who gets a pass because everyone loves him) were the only okay starting QBs of the last 20 years (before JA). Orton had some moments as did Bledsoe. Only Tyrod and Fitz though had periods of sustained success. The problem however, is that the ceiling was lower. They weren’t going to win Super Bowls but they could win NFL games. That’s why they are starting games in 2020 still while those others washed out of the league (although Bledsoe had a few years to stink in Dallas).

I agree with that fully. There’s a difference between not leading your team to the Super Bowl, and being downright awful. I have a tough time comparing Tyrod and Fitz though, because they were such different players. Tyrod obviously won more games, but also played on a better team. My only issue is the idea that Fitz had “sustained success”. That thought is generally accepted on this board. I truly don’t understand at what point Fitz had sustained success with the Bills? He beat the Pats, but mostly struggled outside of the occasional big game. It seems to be more of a sacred cow scenario with Fitz than anything grounded in reality.

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree with that fully. There’s a difference between not leading your team to the Super Bowl, and being downright awful. I have a tough time comparing Tyrod and Fitz though, because they were such different players. Tyrod obviously won more games, but also played on a better team. My only issue is the idea that Fitz had “sustained success”. That thought is generally accepted on this board. I truly don’t understand at what point Fitz had sustained success with the Bills? He beat the Pats, but mostly struggled outside of the occasional big game. It seems to be more of a sacred cow scenario with Fitz than anything grounded in reality.

That’s fair and I’d have Tyrod ahead of Fitz but close. Fitz made plays and made mistakes. Tyrod mostly did neither. He was a very good game manager. That’s not an insult. Fitz’s “sustained success” was more that he rarely was awful. He was like a poor man’s version of 2019 Phil Rivers.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

In 2 games? Come on dude.

The Bills averaged something like 26 PPG with Tyrod as their starter in 2016. I'd love to see that kind of production from such a highly touted group in Allen and Daboll on this message board. 

It's weird.  It is standard operating procedure at this board, now, to mock Tuh-ROD.

And yet Josh Allen is heralded as the savior, despite not much to support that.

I think it's a question of timing.

Can't hate Tyrod. He was just not good enough and clearly not a long term answer. I don't know yet if Josh is either but I'm optimistic based on what I've seen that he can be. 

TT's 3 yard dump offs on 3rd and 9 drew out more curses than anything Josh has yet to do. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

It's very weird.... destroy the QB who led the best Bills offense in YEARS.... Almost a TD better per game than the Josh Allen and Brian Daboll led offense.

Folks tend to support players on the team NOW, and very quickly forget or turn on players once they leave.

It's an incredibly simplistic approach, but there it is.

I will never forget the love/support Kiko Alonso got here, when he was on the team.

When news broke he had been traded to Philly, people couldn't believe it and thought the thread was a joke.

Very shortly thereafter, the tune changed and people started attacking him.

Now it's SOP to make fun of him, too.

So where are we in the cycle for Josh Allen?

He becomes Tuh-ROD by the end of this year, at least among a sizable portion of the fanbase not on his side.

That's my biggest prediction for the season actually.

The excuses stop now!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Look at the stats.

Both EJ and TT had scored over 20 ppg on average for the season.  

Bortles got the Win.  

It was a contest to 

Make him a QB for both sides.

Bortles came out on top. 

Correct

The End of TT's career in Buffalo. 

So the only thing that matters is that Bortles won? 

Does that mean Bortles outplayed Roethlisberger in the playoffs that year?

Bortles was 14/26 for 214 yards 1 TD 0 INT 

Big Ben was 37/58 for 468 yards 5 TD 1 INT 

Jaguars won the game 45-42 

On 9/2/2020 at 10:29 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Guess this is Anthony Lynn’s final season. 

Those poor wide recievers.   

Exactly why I stayed away from Keenan Allen in Fantasy this year. I was not about to draft him when Tyrod is gonna barely throwing for 100 yards himself

• Like (+1) 1