Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

41 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s Taylor’s niche.  He’s a modestly compensated (by NFL standards), bridge QB.  I tip my hat to him for making a fine living by doing that.  The only issue with him here was that most Bills fans convinced themselves that he was more than that when the team ignored the need at QB and kept trotting him out as the starter.  Then they got pissy when he didn’t live up to that hype.  

Honestly back in 15 I thought we had something after those first couple games.  He didn’t throw a lot of INTS and he was able to move the chains, 16 is where the wheels started to fall off as defenses fingered him out and he never adjusted and 17 while we went to the playoffs, I knew he wasn’t the answer but I didn’t care at that point because we broke the playoff drought. 

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yep, that’s what they thought in Cleveland. Sorry, Tyrod is what he is. There is no mystery, no untapped potential. Solid person, below average QB skills. 

Funny how much this applies to our current QB.

The same people who vehemently defend him now did the same for Tuh-ROD when he was on the team! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Sounds like the Baker Mayfield situation. Tyrod looked pretty bad and they were forced to throw Mayfield in there (actually I think Tyrod technically got hurt).

But if Tyrod starts playing like he did in Buffalo, he is a good bridge QB and someone to hold down the fort until their young gun is ready.

A good bridge based on what?  He sucked.  Of course, because he's black, he's held to a higher standard (his words, not mine) .. but he has sucked ever since he entered the NFL.  To this day, Beane's biggest accomplishment was getting a 3rd round pick for this piece of crap.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Guess this is Anthony Lynn’s final season. 

Those poor wide recievers.   

I mean, it probably won’t be for long. Herbert just isn’t anywhere ready. Rock and roll to 5-5 with TT i guess is their plan. Although without derwin james it might be more like 3-7.

50 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t think we’ll see a whole new Tyrod in 2020.  He’ll be exactly what he’s been his whole career.  We’ll see him make some good plays with his legs, take care of the football, and probably hit a few nice deep passes downfield.  If the team can get ahead he’ll do a very good job nursing that lead.

I don’t think he’ll be the QB who can bring you back when falling behind or the QB who can lead the team to a TD on the last drive.

If anything, we know that Tyrod is a really good person so I’m rooting for him in SD.  

You don't think Tyrod Taylor's legs might serve him less well at age 31 than they did at age 26?

• Like (+1) 2

Tyrod was undervalued in his time here. He was a fine bridge QB that didn’t make mistakes. You didn’t win or lose because of Tyrod. That’s why he won more games than he lost here. It’s no surprise that he is filling that bridge role. The Chargers are better this year with Tyrod’s caretaking than with Rivers 23 turnovers. Don’t @ me

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Logic said:

Imagine taking the time to start a thread making fun of the man who was the starting QB for the Bills the year they made the playoffs for the first time in 17 seasons.

Couldn't be me.

You make it sound like poster had (Teddy Bear) fluff for brains.  Surely you do not mean that?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You don't think Tyrod Taylor's legs might serve him less well at age 31 than they did at age 26?

No - that’s a distinct possibility for sure.  But I think that he’s still fast enough to gain some good yardage scrambling.  

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol. It did work for two years.... It’s exactly what Lynn did in 2016 here. It would be great if the 2020 Bills offense is as good as the 2016 Bills offense.... best Bills offense in a long time.... and it’s really not close.

It did..... but that was still Greg Roman's design. Maybe Lynn kept hold of his playbook and wants to do a lift and drop but I suspect the further away from Roman that playbook gets the less effective it is. 

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol. It did work for two years.... It’s exactly what Lynn did in 2016 here. It would be great if the 2020 Bills offense is as good as the 2016 Bills offense.... best Bills offense in a long time.... and it’s really not close.

the greg roman offense was great.  he should have been the HC when Rex was fired.  said that many times.  but when the HC is fired , everyone goes. the way it is

7 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

The only issue with him here was that most Bills fans convinced themselves that he was more than that when the team ignored the need at QB and kept trotting him out as the starter.

You can insert just about any Buffalo QB's name from the drought years into this statement. ?

He’s a .500 kind of guy.  Will do just enough to keep them in games.

Looking at their schedule, it looks to favor TT.  Worst of it is the Chiefs and Saints in the first 5 games.  They play two each against the Raiders and Broncos in the division . Toss the Phins, bengals and Jets  in there, isn’t a terrible schedule.  Have a good defense that can help keep them in games.

Edited by davefan66