Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He did make a huge rookie mistake that was a big impact and also could have been difference in the game.  Just a few steps from and easy first down while running on 3rd down, he flings the ball across his body on a deep floater easily intercepted in doin coverage by goal line.  Had he just taken the gimme first down, they get another score there.  They lost by a FG.  It was a colossus mistake.

He also got himself crushed multiple times and does not know how to avoid contact yet, so I’m sure they would like the kid to survive too.

But honestly, I don’t think they want Tyrods to lose his job after missing the game because a team doctor royally messed up puncturing his lung.  So my guess, if Tyrod struggles this game, Herbert starts the next one.

Just now, LeviF91 said:

Right, I've maintained that was the really only big mistake he made (could have easily run for the 1st).

feels sorry for Tyrod - wins TC battle to start for the Bills - but coach is fired and he is traded away by the new regime, starter for Browns gets hurt and Mayfield takes over and Tyrod is traded, named starter for Chargers, team doctor punctures lung by accident and Herbert plays and looks good enough that chargers wont go back to Tyrod.

While noone can fault all three team decisions to not have Tyrod - why am I left with the feeling that life has treated TT unfairly. Maybe he mends quickly and then gets to start for niners now.

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why do you or anyone else here care so much about who starts for the Chargers?  People need to get over there anti Tyrod stuff.  Happened when he was in Cleveland too.

He was a total pro here and good teammate, and helped break a 17 year drought.  Never understand why people can’t help themselves of just putting the guy down so much.

Lol- okay. 

I don’t care who starts for the Chargers, I would be having the same conversation about any situation where a coach is clearly lying about his Rookie QB cause he’s got butterfly’s in his stomach for a journeyman backup who is one of the most frustrating QB’s to watch play the game. 

Tyrod was great while he was here, in that he was a phenomenal talent without the guts to do anything with it. Every downfall he had came from his own over-conservativism with the ball in his hands. 

2 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

How did Whaley and Rex decide to go for the 2018 QB class when no longer employeed basically after 2016?  McD knew QB was a weakness immediately and drafted/forced Peterman to start. Beane and McD both realized Tyrod wasn't even bridge or mentor material before we even drafted Josh in 2018. I'm still amazed Beane basically stole a 3rd pick from the Browns for him. 

I'm glad Cleveland and the Chargers both realized he was a bridge/groom/mentor for Herbert and Mayfield (Browns - knowing what their #1 pick was going to be).  The only Bridge Tyrod was for the Bills is a ticket out of a job for a horrible coaching staff and entire FO, we did not have the future sitting at QB2 for him to mentor or bridge . You can say EJ but you know thatt Rex had a love affair for Tyrod, EJ was meat on the bench at that phase.  This is 100% indicated after the 2015 season, we hand Tyrod a 6yr 92mill contract with incentatives that could lead up to 112mill. 

This is fact that our FO and coaching staff decided. This is what started to divide us through the 2016 season and into 2017 season.

https://www.nfl.com/news/tyrod-taylor-signs-six-year-92m-bills-extension-0ap3000000684170

For the record, I really have no issues for Tyrod Taylor. I just can't stand he was forced down our throats for basically 3 years after 10-15yrs of hell. I knew after the 2015 (his best season) he was not the answer to the Bills long term. Our old coach and FO had no plan at QB and threw alot $$$ his way in 2016 dividing fans and this forum on the topic in half.

He was our Bridge to McD and Beane, I will take it all day. 

The 2018 QB class was considered one for the ages even a year out. It was filled with star power. I preferred waiting until then vs. the 2017 class. Allen wouldn’t have been my pick though so I would have been wrong in my assessment. I don’t know if anyone though that thought Tyrod was the long-term answer. It was a situation of “be careful what you wish for because you could easily do worse.” 

If you looked at that deal as a long-term commitment you don’t understand how NFL contracts work. It was designed to give him a much deserved raise after 2015 and then let him earn it along the way. Here is NFL.com saying pretty much the same thing: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/tyrod-taylor-signs-six-year-92m-bills-extension-0ap3000000684170. We shouldn’t twist truths using hindsight to fit a narrative. They signed him to a prove-it deal. He was thrown basically a 2 year extension following 2015 because he earned it. We scouted the 2017 class pretty heavily and loaded assets, starting in the 2017 draft to target our guy in 2018. This isn’t complicated and we shouldn’t let our negative feelings alter reality.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I was a TT fan, but as time went on I realized that he wasn't THAT guy so I just wanted him gone.  

I agree.  There is no need to keep mocking him, or any other Bills player that left on "good" terms.  

Now, quitting at halftime.... That's still a topic.  

Yes of course Vontae is fair game. So is Whitner for that matter.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The 2018 QB class was considered one for the ages even a year out. It was filled with star power. I preferred waiting until then vs. the 2017 class. Allen wouldn’t have been my pick though so I would have been wrong in my assessment. I don’t know if anyone though that thought Tyrod was the long-term answer. It was a situation of “be careful what you wish for because you could easily do worse.” 

If you looked at that deal as a long-term commitment you don’t understand how NFL contracts work. It was designed to give him a much deserved raise after 2015 and then let him earn it along the way. Here is NFL.com saying pretty much the same thing: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/tyrod-taylor-signs-six-year-92m-bills-extension-0ap3000000684170. We shouldn’t twist truths using hindsight to fit a narrative. They signed him to a prove-it deal. He was thrown basically a 2 year extension following 2015 because he earned it. We scouted the 2017 class pretty heavily and loaded assets, starting in the 2017 draft to target our guy in 2018. This isn’t complicated and we shouldn’t let our negative feelings alter reality.

Trust me, I have zero negative feelings and glad everything evolved the way it did. Tyrod is a good dude and leader. He will be a solid BU QB in the league for several more years.

• Like (+1) 2