Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

On 10/19/2020 at 11:01 PM, Backintheday544 said:

Economy was debated in debate 1. 

Plus the major wall street players are saying the economy will be better with a Blue Wave so this probably helps Trump.

If I was moderator and economy was the topic, my first question to trump is why did you tweet for Congress to stop working on a stimulus package to help the economy and instead focus on the Supreme Court?

LOL @ the bolded part.

And if there were an impartial moderator, the first question I'd ask Joe is "you've been in office for 47 years and have little to show for it.  Why do you think you'll be able to do anything now at the age of 78?"

2 hours ago, Doc said:

LOL @ the bolded part.

And if there were an impartial moderator, the first question I'd ask Joe is "you've been in office for 47 years and have little to show for it.  Why do you think you'll be able to do anything now at the age of 78?"

And after Biden gracefully answers that, the moderator should ask Trump, you've promised you hire only the best people. However, multiple high level positions are now being filled by your fourth or fifth choice while 3 of your former campaign managers are either in jail or facing criminal charges, your person attorney Mr. Cohen is in jail, and just yesterday, it came out your other attorney Mr. Guiliani was filmed playing with himself in front of a girl purported to be 15 years old. If re-elected will we see similar hiring practices by you and your administration?

Edited by Backintheday544

On 10/16/2020 at 4:33 PM, Backintheday544 said:

Why should they? It seems more like a disinformation campaign than anything else now. Don't give cresedence to hoaxes.

It's the Glen Beck argument which led to the Glen Beck case: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beck_v._Eiland-Hall

Did Glen Beck rape and murder someone in 1990? Well he never said he didn't so he must have.

That is some weak ass excuse you came up with sparky. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

And after Biden gracefully answers that, the moderator should ask Trump, you've promised you hire only the best people. However, multiple high level positions are now being filled by your fourth or fifth choice while 3 of your former campaign managers are either in jail or facing criminal charges, your person attorney Mr. Cohen is in jail, and just yesterday, it came out your other attorney Mr. Guiliani was filmed playing with himself in front of a girl purported to be 15 years old. If re-elected will we see similar hiring practices by you and your administration?

Then the moderator can ask about Hunter.  And then the grace goes away...

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, meazza said:

I would ask if he could expand on antifa being just an idea ?

He's already answered that with the blanket answer of I condemn violence by everybody.  It's a weak answer but I don't expect anything different.  Then they'll ask Trump about groups like the Proud Boys and neo Nazis turning the debate into a waste of everybody's time.  It may be boring but the main thing I want from this debate is a discussion on health care.

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Convince me the nuclear option for SC confirmation was the fault of Harry Reid. If the democrats take the WH and Senate this election it is very likely they will increase the SC to 11 or 13. I blame McConnell and Trump if that happens.

The only good thing I'll say about McConnell is that he had a chance to end the legislative filibuster and didn't despite Trump excessively pleading for him to do it.  My gut tells me there won't be enough Democratic Senators to agree to pack the courts if the Dems do somehow control take the presidency and the majority in both houses.

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

None of this deserves any air time.  How about the candidates (and citizens) focus on the large items such as fiscal responsibility, illegal immigration, foreign policy and health insurance reform. 

The big 4. Improving these make us a better country. 

Edited by keepthefaith

44 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

None of this deserves any air time.  How about the candidates (and citizens) focus on the large items such as fiscal responsibility, illegal immigration, foreign policy and health insurance reform. 

Because it does. He hired a guy like Stephen Miller who has been champion of some of the more extreme immigration stances.

He hired Reince Preebus who wanted to help push through a half thought up tax plan.

He hired John Bolton who everyone knows as a war hawk to handle some foreign policy.

He hired someone to make a book with a bunch of blank pages that he said was all his healthcare accomplishments.

58 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Because it does. He hired a guy like Stephen Miller who has been champion of some of the more extreme immigration stances.

He hired Reince Preebus who wanted to help push through a half thought up tax plan.

He hired John Bolton who everyone knows as a war hawk to handle some foreign policy.

He hired someone to make a book with a bunch of blank pages that he said was all his healthcare accomplishments.

We can debate the results or lack of them, but why in a 90 minute debate would any moderator ask the questions in your earlier post?  Stick to the topics and the numbers.  Even this post above does no justice to any of the topics.  None. 

Edited by keepthefaith

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Foreign policy was left off.  Wonder why?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Foreign policy was left off.  Wonder why?

This debate is like Trump's promise of America first. Let's let them talk about America first. Things like the coronavirus and health care that affect Americans more directly.

As we start this debate, let's recall the past month or so.

The right said Biden would pull out of all of the debate. - Trump pulled out of debate 2.

The right said that Biden can't make it through an entire debate. - He did and is about to again

The right said Biden can't stand up to tough questions in interviews. - When pressed with the word How, Trump walked out of an interview the other day.

The right said there is no enthusiasm for Biden. - Early voting on the Dems side is crushing, destroying (like Alabama vs some D3 team) early voting right now.

I'm expecting nothing but the worst awfulness from Kristen Welker, how about you?

18 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Is that a left is bad opinion or do you have facts, studies, analysis that show that?

I have 66 years experience knowing that, look up your own "stats.

Edited by B-Man

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I'm expecting nothing but the worst awfulness from Kristen Welker, how about you?

I have 66 years experience knowing that, look up your own "stats.

So yea, blue man bad. Got it

Trump: military will vaccinate you. That can't play well to the far right.