Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

“The Family Is Worried Brad Will Start Talking”: Trumpworld Panics Over Debate Fiasco as Campaign Turmoil Mounts

"According to the source close to the campaign, the Trump family is worried that Parscale could turn on them and cooperate with law enforcement about possible campaign finance violations. “The family is worried Brad will start talking,” the source said."

“For Trump the Times story was worse than losing reelection,” said the second Republican. “If you had told Donald back in 2015 that his tax returns would be exposed and he’d have all these investigations, I guarantee you he wouldn’t have run.”

“Trump didn’t win over any voters,” said a prominent Republican, “and he pissed off a lot of people.”

Edited by BillStime

8 hours ago, ALF said:

SydneyBillsFan  thought Chris Wallace  worked for CNN so the point was to give him the truth 

What on earth gives you that idea?

Let me break it down for the uninitiated:

Chris Wallace - a Fox News guy - interrupted Trump constantly, thus saving Biden's ass on numerous occasions.

My comment was " could you imagine a reverse scenario, where a CNN host gave Trump a leg up".

It's really not that hard a concept to grasp.

Just now, SydneyBillsFan said:

Chris Wallace - a Fox News guy - interrupted Trump constantly, thus saving Biden's ass on numerous occasions.

My comment was " could you imagine a reverse scenario, where a CNN host gave Trump a leg up".

Wallace may be Fox, but Fox is not pro Trump (in spite of what people may keep saying, they run more stories against the Trump administration than for the Trump administration), and Wallace is a Democrat.  Now an OAN moderator? Yeah, that would most likely be pro-Trump.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wallace may be Fox, but Fox is not pro Trump (in spite of what people may keep saying, they run more stories against the Trump administration than for the Trump administration), and Wallace is a Democrat.  Now an OAN moderator? Yeah, that would most likely be pro-Trump.

BG, I will take your assessment on face value as my knowledge of US TV networks and their political alignment is something you would know a lot more about than I.

However, my experience is that Fox News is the only US network that has regular hosts who offer some support for Republicans and Trump, whilst shining the spotlight on the hypocrisy of the democrats and lefties in general. CNN would never, ever do that.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I looked it up. Wallace said back in 2006 that he's a registered Dem but has voted for candidates from both parties. He said he lives in DC, so if he's going to be involved in local politics at all it needs to be as a Dem (Republicans basically don't exist there).

Next moderators:

CSPAN's Steve Scully, who follows the Brian Lamb minimalist approach. Good luck figuring out any bias with him. It's the dreaded (by me) town hall setup in Miami.

Kristen Welker, NBC/MSNBC, I don't have to look this one up to know she's on the liberal side.

Just now, SydneyBillsFan said:

BG, I will take your assessment on face value as my knowledge of US TV networks and their political alignment is something you would know a lot more about than I.

However, my experience is that Fox News is the only US network that has regular hosts who offer some support for Republicans and Trump, whilst shining the spotlight on the hypocrisy of the democrats and lefties in general. CNN would never, ever do that.

Oh, they definitely do, especially in the evening. Probably one of the reasons those shows are so highly rated.

The last numbers I saw (a while back) were 48% positive stories, 52% negative stories. Now, while that is pretty balanced, it is not "pro" since the against is greater than the positive.

OAN is pro-Trump. Like super duper pro-Trump. 

11 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Interrupted Trump interrupting Biden. Trump did that to himself.

He was the most energetic, but remember John Wooden: "Never confuse activity with achievement"

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And Sullivan wasn’t wrong when he posted this ... looks like it was about 15 minutes in. Trump started well - made perfect sense about the ACB nomination/confirmation hearings. 
And then .... he threw that lead away. 

The whole thing sucked.  Both of them sucked.  Only the great pizza, beer and presence of my fabulous wife (keep it clean boys and girls) salvaged the evening.  Even my kids were sending us texts on how much it sucked.

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I looked it up. Wallace said back in 2006 that he's a registered Dem but has voted for candidates from both parties. He said he lives in DC, so if he's going to be involved in local politics at all it needs to be as a Dem (Republicans basically don't exist there).

Next moderators:

CSPAN's Steve Scully, who follows the Brian Lamb minimalist approach. Good luck figuring out any bias with him. It's the dreaded (by me) town hall setup in Miami.

Kristen Welker, NBC/MSNBC, I don't have to look this one up to know she's on the liberal side.

...Scully was a reporter in Rochester as well as an adjunct professor at two local colleges......, never realized Chris Wallace was Mike Wallace's kid...NO comparison.....

Scully (via Wikipedia):

He returned to WSEE after completing his graduate studies in 1984.[3]After a stint as a Washington, D.C.-based correspondent for WHBF-TV in Rock Island, Illinois, he joined WHEC-TV in Rochester, New York in 1986 as a correspondent covering business, politics and local government. He also taught courses on media and politics as an adjunct faculty member at Nazareth College and St. John Fisher College.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Scully was a reporter in Rochester as well as an adjunct professor at two local colleges......, never realized Chris Wallace was Mike Wallace's kid...NO comparison.....

Scully (via Wikipedia):

He returned to WSEE after completing his graduate studies in 1984.[3]After a stint as a Washington, D.C.-based correspondent for WHBF-TV in Rock Island, Illinois, he joined WHEC-TV in Rochester, New York in 1986 as a correspondent covering business, politics and local government. He also taught courses on media and politics as an adjunct faculty member at Nazareth College and St. John Fisher College.

Anybody remember him from those Rochester days? Any idea of what his politics might be?

I used to love Brian Lamb on CSPAN. The ultimate minimalist interviewer. No long rambling questions to show how smart he (thinks) he is. Just a short open ended question. Guy writes a book on Churchill and his first question would be "Who is Churchill?"  And the second one: "Why did you choose to write about him?"

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Anybody remember him from those Rochester days? Any idea of what his politics might be?

I used to love Brian Lamb on CSPAN. The ultimate minimalist interviewer. No long rambling questions to show how smart he (thinks) he is. Just a short open ended question. Guy writes a book on Churchill and his first question would be "Who is Churchill?"  And the second one: "Why did you choose to write about him?"

...I do remember him and he was an "old school type" reporter a/k/a providing objective coverage NOT laced with personal views.....I highly regard Lamb......