Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Any other candidate would have viewed this question as the biggest softball in the history of debates:

"I condemn white supremacists, and I do not want their support."

It's what you say because there is no other acceptable answer. Seriously. None.

So why didn't he do it?

Either (a) he's a moron; or (b) he really does want their support.

Either one doesn't bode well.

Or, he didn't give a F to answer a non-question about a really non-existent congtingent of society.  It'd be like asking, Mr. President, do you care to respond to the people that contend we didn't land on the moon?  It's a ludicrous question, aimed at a very small, very small, very small (I'll say again), very small, ignorant, segment of society.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yikes!!!

The only people thinking that was good for Trump are his cult.... 

I'd imagine there's about 32 pages so far of people here singing his praises claiming this actually helped him. 

giphy.gif

I really hate that I used to think you were a good poster on the other board.  You're an ass-clown, and if you're that far-removed from reality, it makes me feel bad I ever agreed with any football takes you ever had.  WOW!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, 52-47 (with one point to minor candidates) is very unlikely to result in an electoral college win. 

So it's a strategy, and probably all he's got (since you ain't gonna budge the > 50% who think he's the worst thing since Andrew Johnson), but it's a super longshot.

52-47, in the EC, will win you every time.  Not sure which school of math you're trying to push here.  But EC 51+ wins!  Pop the corks, release the doves and balloons, gave over :P  Or, I'm guessing you were at Hill-dog's watch-party four years ago :P

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm also sure Trump was ticked Biden didn't get this question about Antifa.....Wallace let him get away with saying they arent real.

Wallace let Biden tell the story of the Church.

Wallace didn't interrupt to ask "why was the Church on fire?"

He's a joke.  But we knew this.  

I dont think there was a single viewer that didn't say in their minds, or out loud like me...."wait, that wasn't peaceful. The church was set on fire". How did Trump miss that golden opportunity? He should have said, the only thing peaceful that day was your sleep in your basement. The church was set on fire by the protestors!

It was, on all sides, Doc.  I'm sure you'd agree.  I want both people to be able to make their points, but the moderation (which is what you're talking about) was an embarrassment.  They REALLY need to make it known that no one speaks while the other is speaking, that goes BOTH ways.  And the sounds and head bobs and everything that the cameras are looking for, that needs not to be part of it either.  BUT, I want one moderated fairly.  Chris Wallace is not a journalist, nor fair moderator.  You Need, like I said, an O'reilley or some similar (journalist by name, but you know which way they lean) to even it out for the second, then for the third, even they get all questions by a line that forms at the back, and people line up and ask questions, or it needs to come from someone like Trey Parker, whose proven to be very fair, up the middle, and won't hesitate to throw a zinger to either.

Doc Brown - we all know you're lefty.  No one knows me, but I'm pretty righty.  And I'm always interested in how people see things, as it's pretty incredible how people can see the very same thing, and see them so differently.  It's common, expected;  as we all have our biases.  But I find it incredibly interesting and informative.  I'm also reading a book about how to better listen and hear what people are saying (and empathically understand, and no, not mind-reading, lol!), so I WANT to understand how the 'other side' saw things.)

My dad and grandma are also 'from the left'.  And I respect my Gma more than any other living person.  And we share the SAME common, core values.  So it always interests me how people of the same mind can see things so differently.

I agree that interruptions shouldn't be a part of any of the other debates.  We'll see if that happens.  And I outlined above what I thought would make for more fair debates (as I viewed Wallace as a lefty, and I think he showed it, but I'm guessing you didn't see him giving un-fair advantages).  What would you see as fair for the next two (or more) that need to happen?

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

biden also wants to pack the court. he couldnt answer that question and its very telling that THAT is indeed the case.

It would be up to Congress and the WH to sign a bill increasing the size of SC ? I  would be against  having more then  9 justices.

Congress needs to do it's job and legislate not have the SC do their job.

• Like (+1) 2

SydneyBillsFan  

According to Sky News Australia, the unofficial "Who Chris Wallace interrupted" count:

Biden 15

Trump 77

Can you imagine a scenario where a CNN reporter gives Trump a free ride?

Chris Wallace works for Fox News

He had to interrupt Trump because Trump kept talking when he was not supposed to , imagine that.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Hmm, wire, or a cheap thread on a likely expensive suit.  Everyone questioning will always be considered conspiracy (especially if posted by Hedge, LOL!), but looks like it could be a wire to me :P

I certainly hope that’s a deep fake.  That “thread” is very thick unless the suit was stitched together with hemp twine.  

So after last night basically Trump is an idiot who you should just let talk if you want him to lose b/c of the crazy ***** he says, and Biden is a horrible public speaker. Honestly I don't care about public speaking skills since it has no effect on actual problem with this country.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's just establish a bottom line here.  Trump is a scumbag who winks at white supremacists.  Trump's supporters, at best, support a scumbag.  At worst, they too are scumbags.  

The debate was a travesty in which Trump's petulance, boorishness, and rudeness deprived the American people of an opportunity for the exchange of ideas with respect to ways in and methods by which our country could be improved.  It was a disgrace.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2