A "Wildcat Strike" By The NFLPA Coming?

H2o

Just now, LabattBlue said:

These athletes have an over inflated opinion of themselves.  Nothing they do in terms of sitting out games, antics during the national anthems, etc... will make a damn bit of difference. 

They want to make a difference? Sit down with inner city leaders, police commissioner, and elected officials and demand change and ask what they can do to help?   How often does this happen?   I’d guess not very often, if at all. 

Agreed.  Also, i find it telling that the NBA 'strike' basically lasted what, 18 hours?  None other than Barack Obama told them they were playing a weak hand, and it seems that most of the players understood this.  Hell, I didn't even realize the NBA was playing again because i got bored with that garbage a long time ago.

We're in a really different world than a year ago, and while there would be all sorts of gnashing of teeth and rending of garments by ESPN and the deep thinkers in other media outlets, i'm not sure average fan would care all that much.  I mean i'd miss it, but not enough to have my opinions and beliefs dictated to me by a bunch of primadonnas and their enablers.  I do believe if I were in charge of a team or the league i'd just PATCO the players and say you don't want to play?  Great, we'll find someone else who will.  The extremely bloated egos on these people to think that if a bunch of players and owners DEMAND CHANGE that all of a sudden cops will stop shooting people and/or 'peaceful protesters' will stop burning down minority owned business, it's just crazy.  what's happening now is the culmination of a cold civil war that's been going on for some time, not because some guy OD'd while getting choked out by cops

6 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Race is an issue because the media wants it to be an issue.  And that's because they hate our president and want the masses to believe he is a racist, which he is not.  And by inflaming America, they are actually helping to reelect the man they hate.  Most of you on here live in some proverbial bubble and think that most people actually care about the concept of "Social Justice".  Its a made up fallacy by people who feel that white folk have too much.  They call it "White Privilege."  In actuality there were two unfortunate incidents this summer perpetrated by at least one group of bad cops.  The recent incident in Wisconsin is not so clear cut.  (I guess it depends on what you feel a cops rights are to subdue a knife weilding suspect who has several outstanding warrants, and is your typical scumbag)  You get rid of the rogue cops and the country is fine.  Everyone has equal rights in this country in 2020.  I believe most people get along w each other regardless of the color of their skin.  And I also believe that to rail on people who want to cause anarchy and burn and destroy people's businesses is not being racist, but trying to keep societal order.  And to strike or protest over some perceived inequity in society will do nothing.  Small town and rural America could care less about what some younger people (athletes or not) feel is unfair in society.  If some of you disagree with my ideas that's fine.  But I will say you have been living way too far down in Alice's in Wonderland's hole for too long and have lost all semblance of reality.  

100% agree!! Social Justice is a made up fallacy and everyone has the exact same opportunity in the US. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

100% agree!! Social Justice is a made up fallacy and everyone has the exact same opportunity in the US. 

I mean obviously not.  A white kid born to educated parents in a wealthy suburb with good schools is starting life on 2nd base compared to a black kid born to a single mom in a crappy urban setting with bad school.  That really isnt up for debate.  What is though are the policy prescriptions to resolve the issue.  We've had the Great Society & Equal Opportunity programs in place for generations now, and have spent trillions trying to move the needle.  Spending trillions more (reparations!) is just good money after bad, and is pretty much like treating a heroin addict with more heroin.

15 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Agreed.  Also, i find it telling that the NBA 'strike' basically lasted what, 18 hours?

hmmm

15 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Hell, I didn't even realize the NBA was playing again because i got bored with that garbage a long time ago.

mmmmmmk

7 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I mean obviously not.  A white kid born to educated parents in a wealthy suburb with good schools is starting life on 2nd base compared to a black kid born to a single mom in a crappy urban setting with bad school.  That really isnt up for debate.  What is though are the policy prescriptions to resolve the issue.  We've had the Great Society & Equal Opportunity programs in place for generations now, and have spent trillions trying to move the needle.  Spending trillions more (reparations!) is just good money after bad, and is pretty much like treating a heroin addict with more heroin.

I was just agreeing with Paup lol. 

It’s kind of funny I’m sitting on a seminar now (obviously I’m a bit distracted) with our sales leadership around the US. I work for a Fortune 250 with 66,000 employees. The topic RIGHT NOW is diversity and inclusion. The discussion revolves around moving from ally to advocate to accomplice. The concept is moving from a supporter to dismantling the structures that oppress. 

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

hmmm

mmmmmmk

Wow great contribution to the discussion.  Is it that hard to believe that someone might not care about the NBA anymore?  With no sports on TV i've found other things to do with my time.  I'm not exactly alone in that.

Also, if you have an alternative timeline for the NBA strike than please, share

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was just agreeing with Paup lol. 

It’s kind of funny I’m sitting on a seminar now (obviously I’m a bit distracted) with our sales leadership around the US. I work for a Fortune 250 with 66,000 employees. The topic RIGHT NOW is diversity and inclusion. The discussion revolves around moving from ally to advocate to accomplice. The concept is moving from a supporter to dismantling the structures that oppress. 

Yeah I work for a very large global telecom and they've been hammering us with this for months yet the leadership (all white males except 1 person, out of like 20+) aren't giving up their seats at the table.  I'd take this all a lot more seriously if the people who keep telling me it's a crisis acted themselves like it's a crisis.  After all they're the only ones who can actually make changes.  Forcing us to watch a bunch of poorly produced videos and having mandatory struggle sessions aren't going to change any hearts or minds

• Like (+1) 2

Wow great contribution to the discussion.  Is it that hard to believe that someone might not care about the NBA anymore?  With no sports on TV i've found other things to do with my time.  I'm not exactly alone in that.

Yeah I work for a very large global telecom and they've been hammering us with this for months yet the leadership (all white males except 1 person, out of like 20+) aren't giving up their seats at the table.  I'd take this all a lot more seriously if the people who keep telling me it's a crisis acted themselves like it's a crisis.  After all they're the only ones who can actually make changes.  Forcing us to watch a bunch of poorly produced videos and having mandatory struggle sessions aren't going to change any hearts or minds

No but we are going to stencil 'End Racism" on football fields, that will help.

Is there anyone so  freaking gullible that thinks if a racist reads "END RACISM" they will say to themselves, gee i never thought about that, I am going to change my hateful heart.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Is there anyone so  freaking gullible that thinks if a racist reads "END RACISM" they will say to themselves, gee i never thought about that, I am going to change my hateful heart.  

I actually agree 100% here. It certainly isn’t solving anything but it isn’t hurting anything either. If it has even a minimal impact it is worthwhile although it isn’t a need mover. 

14 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This is our Commissioner's attempt to appease both sides.  It's going to do 1 thing, it'll unite both sides in pointing at him and laughing, so that's a victory of sorts i guess

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd be sure to call out sick that day.

Nothing less enjoyable than ceaseless powerpoints....unless you're talking about vapid, virtue-signaling powerpoints about diversity.

wait until the struggle sessions start at your place of work

HELLO I AM DORQUEMADA.  I AM GUILTY OF ORIGINAL SIN FOR I AM WHITE AND THEREFORE A RACIST. I PROMISE TO BE AN ANTI-RACIST, WHICH I UNDERSTAND MEANS WHATEVER YOU TELL ME IT MEANS ON A GIVEN DAY. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

Meh. Tastes change, people find other things to do.  Your father probably had a similar thought about network television in the 80s.  Now the only time i have network television on is for local news, and only then if there's a weather crisis

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

yawn...come up with a novel concept idea, dont waste time rehashing / rewording posts.  Try to add value.

Simple question.  When would the two of you stop watching?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Easy for me - if the pregame, commentary during the game, halftime, and highlight shows become nothing but social commentary and basically make the actual game a sidebar to the SERIOUS ADULT CONVERSATION that they are having at us, then yeah i'll go for a hike instead.   Do you remember ESPN magazine? it used to be great.  Slowly, then quickly, it morphed into yelling at white people about racial issues, and barely anything at all about sports.  I cancelled my espn.com sub because of it.  It has not been missed.  ESPN chose the get woke go broke route, but made all the right people pleased with them.  A shame those people dont watch ESPN, as reflected in their long term ratings decline.  You can only piss on your customers for so long before they decide they would rather not be pissed on.

16 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

wait until the struggle sessions start at your place of work

HELLO I AM DORQUEMADA.  I AM GUILTY OF ORIGINAL SIN FOR I AM WHITE AND THEREFORE A RACIST. I PROMISE TO BE AN ANTI-RACIST, WHICH I UNDERSTAND MEANS WHATEVER YOU TELL ME IT MEANS ON A GIVEN DAY. 

My favorite post in the other thread?

"There are no Marxists. It's a myth."

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

Edited by Joe in Winslow

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I wlll watch materially less this year as the "lockdown" or whatever it is i have gotten new hobbies, probably down 50% in my nFL viewing, if there are no crowds, probably down 75% in NFL viewership, if the Bills suck, 95%.  Continues this trend i might not watch anything at all after this season..  

And i aint the only one.  Look at the ratings of all sports, way down, look at ESPN that is rolling over, and Hard Nocks with a "sports starved" populace is down, what 70% from last year.