A "Wildcat Strike" By The NFLPA Coming?

H2o

A "Wildcat" strike already has occurred. Most of training camp and preseason has been skipped due to pressure by NFLPA.

Why not just not take salaries for a week and donate them to cause?  Oh no that would not be avoiding work.  I am sure NFLPA is expecting players to be paid for their strike and all fines waived.

Personally I think NFL should use such a strike to break any guarantees. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

can't wait for the board to explode if this happens. 

Not surprising. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

This will be the end of the NFL. Sad. Politics and Football don’t mix. Ego will ruined the league. 

lol, didnt you, or others with this same mindset, say the same thing about kneeling, allowing shoes to be designed by players, letting players voice their social justice concerns, and any other multitude of things that mean players have a brain and can think for themselves?

The league will be fine, but by all means boycott the league.... you need them far more then they need you. 

Edited by Jdragon2
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

A "Wildcat" strike already has occurred. Most of training camp and preseason has been skipped due to pressure by NFLPA.

Why not just not take salaries for a week and donate them to cause?  Oh no that would not be avoiding work.  I am sure NFLPA is expecting players to be paid for their strike and all fines waived.

Personally I think NFL should use such a strike to break any guarantees. 

Not surprising. 

what isn't suprising?

13 minutes ago, Jdragon2 said:

lol, didnt you, or others with this same mindset, say the same thing about kneeling, allowing shoes to be designed by players, letting players voice their social justice concerns, and any other multitude of things that mean players have a brain and can think for themselves?

The league will be fine, but by all means boycott the league.... you need them far more then they need you. 

No political agenda here, and not interested in some useless debate about it.   

LOL, it would be really really sad if in fact, a few fans "need" football players.

No sorry, the players earn a living with football, the reality is if anyone 'NEEDS' anyone, it is the players that need the fans.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Great.  Second bye week and they play in even colder weather.  I’m very glad they are speaking up for their views.  I am and don’t care, but just make them play that game but later in January or they lose $.  They should be able to donate it to whatever charity they believe in, but they don’t get a pass and just sit out, get paid and no repurcussions to themselves.

If you believe this cause matters, then use you’re wallet to prove it.  I do believe there should be social change for all, so please don’t confuse, their cause in my eyes is valid.  They just don’t get it without some pain to themselves.  No one else skips work for $ and has no downside.  You have to take a day off, call in sick or lose $.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL, it would be really really sad if in fact, a few fans "need" football players.

No sorry, the players earn a living with football, the reality is if anyone 'NEEDS' anyone, it is the players that need the fans.

lol the percentage of "fans" who get riled up by these things isn't that high. I'd actually wager that the more fanatical "fans" on this site fall into that category. Therefore, the "need" to watch football. 

Additionally the players earn their money from the owners/league. The league earns the vast percentage of their revenue from TV deals. While I agree that tickets/merchandise is the other percentage; again....people will still watch and buy merch. Those "Fans" will not stop that from happening.

Edited by Jdragon2

If the players want to boycott 1 game, 2 games, all games...that’s their right. 

I am not in a position to pass judgement on the peaceful actions other grown men feel are necessary in order to bring attention and change to causes that are important to them.

As much as I love the NFL and would miss watching it, the fact is that NFL players are, above all, human beings. As such, if any or all of them skip any number of games, I support them. Some things are bigger than sports.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1