Is anyone else less invested in this season than normal?

Cal

3 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Im going to respectfully disagree here on the picture that is being painted. Next time there is a cop shooting where it is not a white cop vs black victim, let me know the games leagues sit out at, the kneeling taking place, and the social media outrage displayed.

But that's not at all what I said. You will definitely continue to see outrage when it happens.  From my perspective you're mischaracterizing the argument which makes it easier to defend from your side. I'm not suggesting you're doing it on purpose, but that's what I see.

Edited by BullBuchanan

14 hours ago, Prickly Pete said:

Done with the NFL until they stop sending money to Black Lives Matter, so that pretty much means I'm done with the NFL, and other major professional sports for a very long time.

They can send money to other organizations that help those communities, and I will be fully supportive.

Until then, I don't care if the Bills play in the Super Bowl, I won't be following it.

The NFL, as other sports, does tons of community charity work, not related to BLM, or any social justice causes.  

17 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

This BLM BS has me not wanting to watch any football at all.  The only games I plan on watching this year are the two Jet games, which I'm obligated to because of very close friends, and the Super Bowl if we get there. 

Aside from that, I'm out on this season and have zero respect for the commissioner and the league for supporting such BS and funneling it down my throat.  No thanks. 

17 hours ago, Cal said:

I understand. I'm getting there too bro

Whats getting to me is the amount of division that continues to build in our country at the worst possible time.

3 hours ago, Prickly Pete said:

At this point anyone using the term "black lives matter" certainly knows that it refers directly to the organization. There are plenty of other ways to get across the sentiment of black lives mattering than using the the same term. But then,  you already know that, but want to act disingenuous....because you are full of crap..

I don’t think that’s the case at all, which is my point. I bet a LOT of people are unaware of the organization itself and that it is anti-nuclear family as Marcellus Wiley discusses. I’m dead serious. I didn’t know that until I saw his clip. These are two very different things. One is a belief in what I feel to be an obvious truth (the need for equality), the other is an organization with an agenda and some points I just can’t get behind.

I’m dead serious. I think many people have this all lumped in together in their minds, which is a mistake. Have you read their positions in their mission statement? I haven’t, but if Marcellus is accurate here I’ve got a big problem with BLM.  Nuclear family is critical to the odds for success. I am still fully behind the obvious lower case blm. 

But thanks for the lovely characterization. I was just trying to make what I feel is a fair (and important) distinction, and I’m still not sure if you get my point. Concept vs Organization......two different things. 

Edited by Augie

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all, which is my point. I bet a LOT of people are unaware of the organization itself and that it is anti-nuclear family as Marcellus Wiley discusses. I’m dead serious. I didn’t know that until I saw his clip. These are tow very different things. One is a belief in what I feel to be an obvious truth (the need for equality), the other is an organization with an agenda and some points I just can’t get behind.

I’m dead serious. I think many people have this all lumped in together in their minds, which is a mistake. Have you read their positions in their mission statement? I haven’t, but if Marcellus is accurate here I’ve got a big problem with BLM.  Nuclear family is critical to the odds for success. I am still fully behind the obvious lower case blm. 

But thanks for the lovely characterization. I was just trying to make what I feel is a fair (and important) distinction, and I’m still not sure if you get my point. Concept vs Organization......two different things. 

Take us to the Hamptons, Augie.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all, which is my point. I bet a LOT of people are unaware of the organization itself and that it is anti-nuclear family as Marcellus Wiley discusses. I’m dead serious. I didn’t know that until I saw his clip. These are tow very different things. One is a belief in what I feel to be an obvious truth (the need for equality), the other is an organization with an agenda and some points I just can’t get behind.

He's not.

15 hours ago, Prickly Pete said:

Done with the NFL until they stop sending money to Black Lives Matter, so that pretty much means I'm done with the NFL, and other major professional sports for a very long time.

They can send money to other organizations that help those communities, and I will be fully supportive.

Until then, I don't care if the Bills play in the Super Bowl, I won't be following it.

Donald,  Is that you?

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Well Pete, you are indeed Prickly.   :)

I honestly don’t know the answer to this: has the NFL actually sent any money the the organization that is Black Lives Matter? Or have they just supported the obvious philosophy that black lives matter. These are two very different things. 

I happen to believe that an intact nuclear family improves the likelihood of success for children. Marcellus indicates BLM (the organization) disagrees, so there needs to be a distinction between the obvious and the bogus organization which is collecting money from those unaware of the difference. 

Great reply. While Im not a fan of the organization I am of the thought of it. I think Im the only diehard Conservative in my family that plans to turn on the tv at kickoff and enjoy the NFL. Im not a boycotter in the grand scheme of things however I do voice my thoughts when companies head in a direction that I disagree with. I am the guy that stands back and looks at stuff like the kneeling and although I am opposed to thst I understand the reason they are doing it. Although I dont like they are doing it I also recognise the majority are using their income to help with many things like children hospitals and school and education initiatives.  Should I boycott that too? We need to realize we are a society of people that love the pendulum swing but truly it isnt always far left or right but often we need to meet in the middle. 

Finally,  to answer the original question by @Cal, yes....Im pumped about the Bills this year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Some of us fought for this country. so, chumps like you have the right too mouth off.

You did? Are you sure it wasn't due to lack of viable alternatives or self interest? 

Did we not have the right before you took that job? What about folks in other countries that have that right without you doing a job you were paid for.

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

You did? Are you sure it wasn't due to lack of viable alternatives or self interest? 

Did we not have the right before? What about folks in other countries that have that right without you doing a job you were paid for.

your too much of a ppp idiot too even engage with. 

get back in your hole. since you have no clue how most people who have served.

even got there. adios! 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Sure. And when someone says "Make America great again" they likely don't mean "Make America Great Again", and aren't referring to the Trump slogan.

And if the NBA paints "Make America great again" on their courts, it would be A-OK, and only insane Leftist's would confuse that uplifting message with supporting Trump.

Edited by Prickly Pete

Just now, Best Player Available said:

your too much of a ppp idiot too even engage with. 

get back in your hole. since you have no clue how most people who have served.

even got there. adios! 

I mean I do, but ok. I come from a family with a lot of service members.
I politely reject the notion that the military protects our freedoms and I'm not interested in handing out 'attaboys for it.

It's a job.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Some of us fought for this country. so, chumps like you have the right too mouth off.

Enjoy your freedoms loser. 

Thank you for your service and courage (seriously).

TBH, if I had fought for this country I’d be even more dismayed with the current state of affairs.  This country is a MESS.  It’s a mess on all sides.  The cities and infrastructure are crumbling.  The national debt is skyrocketing.  We have under-educated our population for decades, resulting in tens of millions of adult-aged morons who lack meaningful job skills, let alone critical thinking skills.  We chose pensions over progress in the 70s and many parts of the country (Buffalo is a prime example) are still suffering the consequences.  We no longer create wealth at the rate we once did.  Something as simple as fixing a school or a subway requires greasing so many politicians and unions that it’s financially impossible.  We reject science on all sides of the political spectrum.  We are obese as hell, we subsidize corn products to fatten people up and then subsidize fixing the resulting health problems.  And we have an unqualified morally and financially bankrupt leadership class that cannot respond productively to the challenges of our times.  We are third-world.  Honestly at this rate we are a decade or two away from being Lebanon.  This country is TRASH right now and it’s a damn shame because we should be the best country in the world.  We got fat and lazy and stupid and we paid into pension plans for government employees instead of investing in our kids’ future.  Yeah I’d be damned furious if I fought for this crap.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Thank you for your service and courage (seriously).

TBH, if I had fought for this country I’d be even more dismayed with the current state of affairs.  This country is a MESS.  It’s a mess on all sides.  The cities and infrastructure are crumbling.  The national debt is skyrocketing.  We have under-educated our population for decades, resulting in tens of millions of adult-aged morons who lack meaningful job skills, let alone critical thinking skills.  We chose pensions over progress in the 70s and many parts of the country (Buffalo is a prime example) are still suffering the consequences.  We no longer create wealth at the rate we once did.  Something as simple as fixing a school or a subway requires greasing so many politicians and unions that it’s financially impossible.  We reject science on all sides of the political spectrum.  We are obese as hell, we subsidize corn products to fatten people up and then subsidize fixing the resulting health problems.  And we have an unqualified morally and financially bankrupt leadership class that cannot respond productively to the challenges of our times.  We are third-world.  Honestly at this rate we are a decade or two away from being Lebanon.  This country is TRASH right now and it’s a damn shame because we should be the best country in the world.  We got fat and lazy and stupid and we paid into pension plans for government employees instead of investing in our kids’ future.  Yeah I’d be damned furious if I fought for this crap.

Good points. All of them.

• Like (+1) 1