Is anyone else less invested in this season than normal?

Cal

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The statement was made there is no far left party with any power.  Neither is there a far right one.  And regardless it shouldn't mater when it comes to rooting for the Bills.

Thanks. I know what you meant.

I just thought it was absurd that you’d say there isn’t a far right party with power in the US.

The 2020 GOP and Donald Trump are about as far right as it gets. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just as fired up as ever for the games although game day won’t be nearly as fun.  Moondoggies only has a capacity of 36 people due to covid restrictions so they won’t be showing Bills games.  So those visiting Vegas during the season you’re going to have to find another spot this year

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just as fired up as ever for the games although game day won’t be nearly as fun.  Moondoggies only has a capacity of 36 people due to covid restrictions so they won’t be showing Bills games.  So those visiting Vegas during the season you’re going to have to find another spot this year

Stake Out still doing games out there?

All of what the OP mentioned topped with the possibility that the season could end at any given moment makes it a little tougher to get emotionally involved, but as a Bills fan we live and die Bills blood, so I'm psyched, apprehensive, a little pissed off but more than ready to see the Bills in action. I hope they do not disappoint.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I've never had a problem with any type of social justice thing that professional sports has put on.  My idea has always been, if you don't like it just ignore it.  A mute button and watching the game as soon as tip-off/ kick-off happens will really limit your exposure to things you might not like lol.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The internet has changed everything.

One of the great benefits of the internet is it gives everyone an opportunity to express their view.

On the other hand, one of the biggest problems with the internet is it gives everyone an opportunity to express their view.

I love that I can sit at my desk and in one setting see video of our young quarterback making deep throws more accurately to our shiny new receiver, and in the same setting be called a fascist and racist by a fellow Bills fan simply because I don't agree with their opinion. 

And for the record, I can't wait for the season to start. NFL is the only sport I watch (lets face it...who really watches baseball and basketball anymore?), and all I need to do is DVR the game, give it a 15-minute head start, and FF past the political BS. I've waiting too long to see this team get to this point. No way I'm conditioned to lose interest at this point. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

I will watch on TV and not support any of the local companies advertising during the game.  They won’t see a nickel of my money for years to come(tickets or merchandise), and the same goes for the hockey franchise that Mr and Mrs Moneybags have ruined.  

Not even... Labatt Blue?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

I can completely understand how you feel. And here is the thing: When it comes to the political angle to sports, this isn't about 'oh I dont agree with them Im Republican' there is no balance at all: Sports recently has generally proven they are siding with the far left, and pretty strongly.

All we want is balance folks. And to enjoy sports. This should not be this difficult.

What about the salute to service and the fly pasts?

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Not watching it because of the BS “all hard hits is a flag” is a better reason to not watch.  

Also that Cody Ford penalty from last year.   

sheeeeesh !!! 

I like that I get to like your reply in this thread.

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I rarely even drink one any more  ?

Not going to change my username after all these years. 

Just a heads up, you can change your displayed screen name without changing/losing your account. For example, we didnt have Dawkins when I started this account in 2004. I believe you can change it once every 6 months.

No need to if you dont want. Just sayin for board education.

• Like (+1) 1

Still looking forward to the season as it seems the Bills have been built up the right way and look to continue going forward. After 17 years of bad Bills football, I’m not missing the turn around by the team. 

IMO, I can see the Bills going deep in the playoffs, maybe all the way to the AFC Championship game, but I don’t know if they have enough to overtake the Chiefs. We’ll see how the Bills stack up against the Chiefs in the regular season.